Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Here we go!
IMG_20200915_102012.jpg
Forgot to mention yesterday that the hazy sky you see over the sun is supposedly smoke from the fires on the west coast...I am on the east coast. Yikes. So sorry guys. :love:
Congratulations on your harvest Boo!
Thank you! Finally finished my “first” grow.
What else can we get into over here?
Awww man. I’m sure we can think of something. I’m going to pull the ULH tomorrow, no need to screw around with it anymore. She will add a frosty and lemony twist to the “salve bin”... (need to figure that out still!).
I dropped two auto seeds yesterday and they are in paper towels now. I decided to redo the Zkittles auto and also a Berry Ryder Auto. Fingers crossed. I need help with getting them fat and trainable quickly which I think means I need to give them nutes early? I don’t think I’ve done that so maybe that’s part of my auto problem.
Congrats on getting that C99 chopped! Must have been quite a task!
Thank you! YES, she was a monster of a plant (mainly my fault!) but it gave me plenty of practice. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Fingers crossed. I need help with getting them fat and trainable quickly which I think means I need to give them nutes early? I don’t think I’ve done that so maybe that’s part of my auto problem.
Here's my trick. It doesn't work but it's still my trick.

Once the second set of true leaves start, come in at 1g/gal of megacrop. The second set you should be at 2g and hold there until the start of the fourth set. At that point I'm looking at the plant to see how fast she is growing and may go to 2.5g or 3g.
Since you are changing nute amounts quickly you can only feed small amounts of water. Enough to keep them going. That way you can add a new amount without having to wait a week for the cups or pots to dry out. I hope that makes sense.

Here's my trick. It doesn't work but it's still my trick.
I’m 100% onboard even though it doesn’t work!
it makes sense. But what about BEFORE the second set of true leaves? If nothing before, then start feeding at 1 gr/gal at second set (reduced for a smaller pot - I’ve been using 1/2 galcontainer for nutes with the babies and being very careful with watering amounts) but haven’t been giving nutrients in the very beginning Of seedling grows.
I am also going to initially pot in a clear cup with an outer cover so I can really make sure there are good roots going. I’ve got Promix HP, along with the silica additive sand stuff which I think made a difference for the Dreamberry and ULH (the ULH just went nuts in flower and has stalks that are seriously barely 1/8” thick. I’ll get pics). Any other suggestions?

But what about BEFORE the second set of true leaves?
I'm using distilled from the germination stage up to the second set of leaves. The cotys provide enough food for the plant to get started.
(reduced for a smaller pot - I’ve been using 1/2 galcontainer for nutes with the babies and being very careful with watering amounts)
I use a pipette and make small batches , I do half liters so 1/8g/500mL = 1g/4L
Any other suggestions?
They really don't like to be watered a lot. It's so easy to stunt them that way. Don't water around the stem. Get the roots searching for the food to make them stronger. People say get them in their final home as soon as possible but I believe the trick is to only move them once to their final home and not so much as soon as possible. They are fine in a solo cup but let them get nice and strong before up-potting. If there's other things I can pass along I will.

I'm using distilled from the germination stage up to the second set of leaves. The cotys provide enough food for the plant to get started.

They really don't like to be watered a lot. It's so easy to stunt them that way. Don't water around the stem. Get the roots searching for the food to make them stronger. People say get them in their final home as soon as possible but I believe the trick is to only move them once to their final home and not so much as soon as possible. They are fine in a solo cup but let them get nice and strong before up-potting. If there's other things I can pass along I will.
I am on well water, and it Has been tested and is slightly acidic but otherwise good I believe. When you say “pipette” is that another word for syringe? The thing a needle screws onto to make an injection or take blood? :cheesygrinsmiley:
in the past I’ve started them in small peat pots and then transfered to a larger pot. I really feel like putting them into their final container at first causes them to slow down and then go into flower once they jumpstart. I’ve done that I think, with all the autos I’ve grown since the PEs. So, I’m kinda like you were a couple of months ago - going back to the basics - but I never really had an established “basics” to begin with. Yoikes.

When you say “pipette” is that another word for syringe?
1600305789766.png

You just want to be able to control the water with any method. Using a container and you'll always overwater. It doesn't have to be a pipette. Any type of dropper will work. Syringes tend to get stuck and then you press hard and all of a sudden your plant flopped over or your eyeballs are all wet.
I really feel like putting them into their final container at first causes them to slow down and then go into flower once they jumpstart.
I’m kinda like you were a couple of months ago - going back to the basics - but I never really had an established “basics” to begin with. Yoikes.
Right! So if you know they are growing strong in the cup then you can safely transplant and they shouldn't skip but a small beat.

1600305789766.png

You just want to be able to control the water with any method. Using a container and you'll always overwater. It doesn't have to be a pipette. Any type of dropper will work. Syringes tend to get stuck and then you press hard and all of a sudden your plant flopped over or your eyeballs are all wet.

Right! So if you know they are growing strong in the cup then you can safely transplant and they shouldn't skip but a small beat.
Ah. That’s what that is. Yes. I get it. With the last two seeds (DB and ULH) I used a spray bottle to little spray the dirt. They thrived. I was really happy with them both at that time - especially the ULH. Will that work?

Ooh. Well! I do have a “squeeze bottle” but I was going to try to make a Power Hitter out of it! I will be extra careful with my spray bottle. MrS. Do you smoke or are you growing for others? I am growing for myself and I smoke it and the Dreamberry is for my daughter.
I grow for myself. I'm my best customer. My wife smokes a little but not much. I'm a power hitter. ;)

here ya go. The old version of this was one of the funnest smoking “vehicles” in my late teens. Man I wish I still had my power hitter. I still have the vinyl! :rollit:

Should I go straight ProMix in the solo cups and/or mix the silica also (Or not)?

Back
Top Bottom