Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Just heard he's pulling all troops out of Afghanistan by Sept 11 this year. It's been 20 years. That knocked me back a bit this morning. I hope he follows through.

I hope so, too. They've been there far too long, in my opinion.

This country upsets me so often. I'll stop there before I go on a rant in your grow journal.

How does the flower smell now that you cut it? Remind me...did you do any period of darkness before cutting?
I get it and I’m sure we would agree on said rant!

I did leave her in the dark for 24 or so hours. She still smells nice. It’s more subtle now but there is definitely pepper-ish smell to me, along with a fuel. I think it smells like diesel being poured into a gas tank more than it does gasoline. There’s a sweetness I can’t place yet. What do you think the dark/dry period does at the end of the harvest?

As far as I know it allows for terpene maturation and a lot of the sugars and stuff that smokes harsh to return to the roots. That's worded terribly but I'm having a celebratory bong night :D

If you've got a peppery strain I bet the resulting hash would be killer.

Congrats on being nominated for Grow Journal of the Month! I've already voted for you because yours is the only one of the nominees that I follow. :battingeyelashes:

Congrats on being nominated for Grow Journal of the Month! I've already voted for you because yours is the only one of the nominees that I follow. :battingeyelashes:
Thanks HashGirl! And thank you for the vote. :love: I’m going to go look at all of those grow journals before I vote. I’ve seen all of those members in the various journals I watch and the nominations that were submitted for them are intriguing to me. I can’t imagine what kinds of new things I will find there, it’s exciting! How is the dry and cure going with the Dark Devil?

Thanks HashGirl! And thank you for the vote. :love: I’m going to go look at all of those grow journals before I vote. I’ve seen all of those members in the various journals I watch and the nominations that were submitted for them are intriguing to me. I can’t imagine what kinds of new things I will find there, it’s exciting! How is the dry and cure going with the Dark Devil?

You're very welcome.

The DDA is hanging on the baker's rack with a fan blowing gently nearby. It didn't feel dry enough yet this morning.

:nomo: I've forgotten how long it takes for plants to grow....:laughtwo:

Dark Devil #3 is still a weirdo. She does have interesting coloring though.
PXL_20210416_120422060.jpg
PXL_20210416_120437501.PORTRAIT.jpg

I pulled the Chocodope buds off the drying racks and moved them to paper bags for a little low and slow drying. I got a weight on them before they went into the bag. Obviously the weight is going to go down. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20210416_122445275.jpg
PXL_20210416_122501266.jpg

Happy Friday! :peace:

10 ounces from an auto is really good, Boo! Congratulations!

As for the Dark Devil, maybe if it was in a bigger pot, it would be doing better? I don't know. DDAs are a real guessing game.

Happy Sunday all! :ciao: I was fortunate to have been given some regular seeds by @InTheShed last year so I kicked off the start of the summer grow by dropping....all eight of them. :eek: As I said to Shed, Murphy’s Law says they will all be female. :laugh:
PXL_20210417_011900472.PORTRAIT.jpg

They were dropped in water Friday evening and planted in Promix HP Saturday night.
PXL_20210417_233008968.jpg

PXL_20210418_000043426.PORTRAIT.jpg

They will go into my little seedling cabinet and hopefully be ready for the outside world in a few weeks!

Lets talk about Chocodope roots! I had mentioned that I did a poor job of filling her 3 gallon pot at transplant and wanted to show what I was talking about as well has her roots. I’m honestly not sure what a good, mature root ball should look like (big, thick roots or many smaller, thinner roots, both?) so feel free to chime in. It does explain why she was such a heavy drinker.....:straightface:
PXL_20210416_150940984.jpg
PXL_20210416_150913470.jpg

PXL_20210416_150842537.jpg

And finally, just a big ole bag ‘o weed. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20210417_235556618.PORTRAIT.jpg

Enjoy the day! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom