Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Interesting discussion. I got some free Harlequin fem seed with one of my orders. They list the CBD level as “high”. They list the THC as 15%. Here’s some of what they say:

In addition to as much as 15% CBD, the strain has a moderate THC content. Some research suggests that strains containing both cannabinoids produce the best effects.

They also list it under their fem seed section, not the CBD section. Has anyone here grown Harlequin?
Looks like Almost Heaven and Alafornia maybe have! BTW - those 4 gal pots are 12 inches tall.

Hi all. :ciao: The ten gallon grow bags arrived yesterday....they seem a little thin.
PXL_20210421_221558265.jpg

PXL_20210421_221735007~2.jpg

I got ten of them so I was thinking I might sew two of them together to make it a little thicker. They actually fit together well.
PXL_20210421_222836867.jpg

Think there's any real downside to doing that?

At least they're not as thin as the Professor's chef's hat!

They don't look too thin to me (at least not compared to the black felt I used to grow in), but I wonder if the double layering would keep the roots from getting through and air pruning.

I'd fill one up with soil and see how sturdy it is. It's easy enough to slide it into another then or down the road if you feel like it needs more support.

At least they're not as thin as the Professor's chef's hat!

They don't look too thin to me (at least not compared to the black felt I used to grow in), but I wonder if the double layering would keep the roots from getting through and air pruning.

I'd fill one up with soil and see how sturdy it is. It's easy enough to slide it into another then or down the road if you feel like it needs more support.
Thanks Shed. Still waiting for the head slap emoji, lol. Brilliant idea!

Hi all. :ciao: The ten gallon grow bags arrived yesterday....they seem a little thin.
PXL_20210421_221558265.jpg

PXL_20210421_221735007~2.jpg

I got ten of them so I was thinking I might sew two of them together to make it a little thicker. They actually fit together well.
PXL_20210421_222836867.jpg

Think there's any real downside to doing that?
I don't know about a downside. I use thin ones and have no trouble with them even after washing.Your call.

I gotta tell you, Boo, your new avatar is really confusing to me. My first thought when I see it is that Mr.Sauga posted it. :hmmmm:

Also, I use cloth pots and I like them. They feel lighter when I lift them than when they're in a plastic pot and besides that, I think the cloth allows the roots to breathe better.

This was a view of the second stage of the SpaceX rocket from our deck this morning.
I had forgotten all about the launch until I saw your post. We live about 25 miles from the launch pads. So although we get to see a lot of launches, I’ve never seen the 2nd stage like that. Thanks for posting those pics.

We all freaked out when we looked at the sky and thought we were being invaded by aliens.
LOL! We had planned to get up at 5-ish to watch the meteor showers from the deck but my hubby had his second Covid shot and wasnt feeling well When we went to bed so we called it off. Joe woke us up at 5 so we got up and let him out, etc. Hubby decided to stay up and I went back to bed but had pulled the curtains back to see if I could see meteors from bed. About 5 mins go by and hubby comes in and says “you’ve got to see this” so I get out of bed and he opens the curtains completely and there is this fireball glowing thru the sky! I didn’t realize there was a SpaceX launch so I was freaked out for a second or so before he told me what it was. Haha, that’ll jumpstart your heart first thing in the morning! :thedoubletake:

:ciao: Morning all. I’ve got a question about photoperiod plants/seedlings and light. I’ve been starting my seedlings and giving them 24/7 light in the beginning - and I’ve been growing autoflowering plants for the last year, basically. It seems like that might not be a wise idea with the octuplets, so my instinct is to back off the light for an hour a day over the next 6 days to get them at 18/6. Does that sound like a sensible thing to do or should I go 18/6 cold turkey or just leave them at 24/7? :hmmmm:

I know I’m late to the party, but MMG (medical marijuana genetics) is the best for cbd IMO, and they recently came out with some new beans. From what I’ve heard, they are no longer allowed to sell Candida, but they have a new one called Queen CBD that is listed as 20:1 just like Candida is. I want to try it myself, but I’m on a seed buying “time out” until I “go through the ones we already have” :rolleyes: whatevs. ;)

@Stunger I’ve bought harlequin from the dispensary before and it’s a really good cbd too, just has a little bit higher THC content, as far as I know. Before I grew Candida, harlequin was Mr H’s favorite cbd.

I’ve bought harlequin from the dispensary before and it’s a really good cbd too, just has a little bit higher THC content,
So my question would be, does it get you high? I got some free Harlequin seeds with an order but haven’t grown any yet.

So my question would be, does it get you high? I got some free Harlequin seeds with an order but haven’t grown any yet.
Not really, maybe a hint of high. Mr H has chronic pain and he was able to smoke and fully function at work still. Have your smoked cbd before? It’s different to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom