Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

So...an an auto?
Um, no. I don’t think so. I think she’s showing flower for the same reason all the other plants are showing flower. Change in daylight. No? :hmmmm: I thought I posted a pic of her on her virgin voyage outside….must have put it in another journal, whoops! She’s been outside roughly four days(?). I honestly think it’s the change in sunlight, but either way, she’s gonna be in flower soon!:slide:

I found two 5 gallon buckets without holes in them
I found that the bakery at the local grocery store is a good place to get nice white plastic buckets of various sizes. They get frosting/icing in various size buckets up to 5 gallons. They can’t reuse them so they end up in the trash. I asked them nicely and they saved a bunch for me. They all come with nice lids that have an o-ring seal.

I took one of the 5 gallon buckets and drilled a hole on the side near the bottom. I then installed a carboy spigot. I put the bucket on a table and using the spigot, I drain my nutes into my watering can. Easy peasy.

I found that the bakery at the local grocery store is a good place to get nice white plastic buckets of various sizes. They get frosting/icing in various size buckets up to 5 gallons. They can’t reuse them so they end up in the trash. I asked them nicely and they saved a bunch for me. They all come with nice lids that have an o-ring seal.

I took one of the 5 gallon buckets and drilled a hole on the side near the bottom. I then installed a carboy spigot. I put the bucket on a table and using the spigot, I drain my nutes into my watering can. Easy peasy.
I was thinking something like a big water cooler bucket with a spigot would work, but I like your idea better! Thanks BigD! :thanks:

You’re welcome. I like the bakery ones because they’re food grade, so I don’t have to worry about any bad stuff leaching into the nute water like you might get with an orange or blue bucket.

:ciao: Happy Sunday all! I've been waiting for the CBD auto to truly start flowering outdoors and I think she's finally doing it:
PXL_20210725_210958683.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ooooops, nope! That's a spider! :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20210725_211017232.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210725_211035274.PORTRAIT.jpg

She's really grown a lot in the last week or so..
PXL_20210725_211321135.PORTRAIT.jpg

She's towering over the Amnesia Haze auto.
PXL_20210725_211054959.PORTRAIT.jpg

That's it for today. Hopefully a week from now I can share pics of stacking flowers! :high-five:

Happy Monday all! Blow Dream fauxto is trying so hard to flower. From the bottom of the bag to her top is 5.5 feet. She's had a bit of a growth spurt!
PXL_20210726_212357883.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210726_212411581.PORTRAIT.jpg

She is still producing those 11 fingered leaves. They're gorgeous. :love:
PXL_20210726_212554669.jpg

Amnesia auto is slowing down and starting to look done. Her leaves are fading and her buds are starting to get a pointy foxtail. Trichromes:
PXL_20210726_121145509.jpg
PXL_20210726_121142908.jpg

I’m thinking maybe another week for her. She smells stinky and delicious. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How old is your Amnesia now, Boo? Carcass just harvested his at 64 days so since I'm growing one, too, I'd like the age of yours as well, please.

Carcass just harvested his at 64 days

Mine might have gotten done a little early- possibly because she was getting an extra 10 hours of light per day until apx. a week ago, when she got a few aphids and I stopped putting her in "the box" at night- she also stopped popping out pistils ten days ago....I harvested her at apx. 20% amber trichomes- seemed early to me too, but she was definitely "done"
So today she's stinking the house up- smells like I've got a pet skunk in the back room... :)

Mine might have gotten done a little early- possibly because she was getting an extra 10 hours of light per day until apx. a week ago, when she got a few aphids and I stopped putting her in "the box" at night- she also stopped popping out pistils ten days ago....I harvested her at apx. 20% amber trichomes- seemed early to me too, but she was definitely "done"
So today she's stinking the house up- smells like I've got a pet skunk in the back room... :)
I also grew autos outside last year and I believe I’ve said it before, but I think it’s too hot in my neck of the woods for autos. I think it’s the high heat coupled with the humidity that is just too much for them. I will likely not grow autos outdoors in the summer anymore. I‘m confident that I can double (or triple) my returns in the tents - and it’s not just about how many ounces I get, I truly believe the plants are stressed outside in my kind of heat and that makes me sad. Seriously, it does. :straightface:

I‘m confident that I can double (or triple) my returns in the tents
Yes, you do seem to have that "growing huge autos indoors" thing pretty well figured out!

Morning all! :ciao: Yesterday I woke up to the Blow Dream fauxto hanging upside down off the deck….:straightface: Don’t know what happened but she clearly needed to have a wider base for her height, so I moved her into a 10 gallon bag. While I was at it, I did the same thing for the CBD fauxto and moved her onto the deck.
PXL_20210729_133909387.PORTRAIT.jpg

CBD fauxto on left, Blow Dream fauxto on the right. When I pulled Blow Dream upright, all of her upper tips were bent over, but they were standing up again by the end of the day. She is still trying to flower…
PXL_20210729_133804113.PORTRAIT.jpg

Purple Skunk Mass/GK and Grape Krush are doing well and digging their sunny spot. PSM/GK is up first:
PXL_20210729_134015910.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210729_134049100.PORTRAIT.jpg

She‘s a sturdy plant with very sturdy branches and is going to town in flower. Next is Grape Krush:
PXL_20210729_134216339.PORTRAIT.jpg

Not sure wth happened in that picture, but it’s the only one I took so I’m using it this time. :confused: She’s a bit wild and crazy. Not near as sturdy as PSM/GK, and I’ve had to provide support to most of her branches because they’re so long and grew almost straight out from the trunk. She is also going to town in flower.
PXL_20210729_134249260.PORTRAIT.jpg

We’ve got a couple more days of hella hot weather which will be followed up with temps in the low to mid 80s. :yahoo: I’m so looking forward to that, and I’m sure all the MJ ladies are too….
Seems a bit quick for a photoperiod to show pistils after a time change. Particularly not even to 12/12.
She clearly wasn’t doing it! But here is a question for you (I think I know the answer, but still… :cheesygrinsmiley:). The three GSCs and the PSM/GK and GK are situated where they get the sunrise from the east with direct sun until about 3 pm when the sun moves far enough to create a shady spot for them for the rest of the day. All of those plants have started flowering. The Blow Dream and CBD have been in direct sun all day, and they are on the cusp. Do you think that is why they haven’t quite flowered yet? (Because they are not having that subtle shift in light intensity like the others are?).

Back
Top Bottom