Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

We’ve got a massive storm cell over the farm. It’s already knocked over all the plants (despite the fact they were strapped down. Golf ball sized hail and 70 mph winds are predicted. Stay tuned…. :oops:
Oh no!

Hi. PSM and GK made it thru the storm last night (I'm honestly shocked that we have power and internet). GK took a beating but her electrical tape repair seemed to hold.
PXL_20210815_105156920.jpg

Her big wide branches were really low so I moved the bamboo around to hold her a little higher.
PXL_20210815_145235773.jpg

PSM/GK now has a very hard lean….
PXL_20210815_105204470.jpg
PXL_20210815_145244234.jpg

Im not really sure what to do about that. She’s pretty solidly there…
Blow Dream and CBD Fauxtos did well hidden under the deck. Unfortunately….looks like CBD is also showing signs of pollination. :straightface:
PXL_20210815_145511657.PORTRAIT.jpg
Dammit. Blow Dream is not really showing much of flowering so maybe she’s been spared? Or maybe she is an ”it” and will not flower nor grow balls….starting to wonder.
It’s already knocked over all the plants (despite the fact they were strapped down
Correction - it had already knocked the GSCs off their pedestals.
Plus side of the rain is it inactivates any current pollen on the male that's running rampant.
That’s wonderful! A little late for me…..not counting on the PSM and GK being missed.
What Shed said! ^^^ anxiously awaiting a follow up post.:nervous-guy:
Thanks HH. I’m a little blue about the results of the weather shenanigans this weekend. I posted earlier in my GSC grow with their damage and pollinated branches. I need to decide what to do with the plants that are pollinated. I’m tired and also pissed and need to figure out if dragging 3-6 pollinated plants thru the finish line is worth it, as well as if it’s going to make things even harder than they already are. I know there are much, much bigger “problems” to have. Just whining about the situation that has presented itself.
Stay safe out there. :peace:

Once you get them all upright and straightened out, you can take some time and figure out what to do with the pollinated flowers. Is it every flower on those plants? Can you cull the buds that look pollinated and still get a harvest? Just things to consider over the next few days or so, once the shock wears off.
Thanks Shed. Yes, I can do that. I’m going to go roam around and smoke a J and have a look. :love:

That is a bummer Boo. I too have had pollination take over my plants. I didn’t have a choice, so I culled the ball grower and finished the rest of my pollinated tent. The buds ended up being fine to smoke, just a pain to pull all the seeds out.

Whatever you decide, you know we’re behind you! :cheer:

PSM/GK now has a very hard lean….
I'm not really sure what to do about that.
Since the trunk is so slanted, it's gonna be hard to bend the plant straight. You might try placing a block of wood or a brick under the edge of the pot so that the trunk is somewhat going straight up and the plant has a better center of gravity. Of course you'll have to somehow support the pot so that it doesn't tip over in the next wind storm.
I too have had pollination take over my plants. I didn’t have a choice, so I culled the ball grower and finished the rest of my pollinated tent. The buds ended up being fine to smoke, just a pain to pull all the seeds out.
I agree with HH ^^^. Last season my son had his plants pollenated by a neighbor's male. The buds were still fine to smoke after the seeds were removed, and now he has lots of seeds to play with... silver lining.

Hang in there, Boo...:hug:
Just walk away today, and consider your options- don't rush in to anything...
That said, I think I'd just let them go, pollinated or not, and just figure
on shaking the seeds out after the buds are dry.
It's not the ideal situation, but you'll still get a good return on your time investment.

Highya Boo,

You could use your house to pull the main more upright. I've drilled into mortar seams and put in concrete anchors (plastic inserts) and use that to tie them upright! Just a thought. I hope you enjoy the rest of your grow! Happy Smokin'

Congrats, Grandma!:party::theband:

:ciao: My baby girl gave birth to a baby girl today….I’m a grandma! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: 8 pounds 5 oz and 24 hours of labor. I’m going to take a few days off and enjoy the joy. Stay safe out there. :peace::love:

:woohoo: Congratulations, Boo! Enjoy hanging with your first (?) grandbaby!

Back
Top Bottom