Boomer444's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

Re: Hozona's Hozonaero Grow System (prototype)

One question for you, is that an intermatic timer? I'm wondering what timer you are using for your 1-5 cycles?

Great job on this thread, Hozona. The time you took to put this together should help many. :thumb:

Thanks X! I want to see it all work together. I have 8 plants ready to go into the tent for some heavy MH vegging before bloom cycle begins. 8 clones to go to veg, and then 8 more cuttings into the clone bucket...let the rotation begin:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

One question for you, is that an intermatic timer? I'm wondering what timer you are using for your 1-5 cycles?
I got a high dollar one I will be using in the bloom area, the veg and cloner are on an inexpensive dual grounded outlet from a guy on ebay...26+5 shipping $31...seems to be working fine!:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

hey hozona, I was wondering if you'd give me your opinion re: aero/cloners. I am having trouble with them leaking down the sides. I haven't tried using any weather striping yet (cause I dont have any ) but have cut one tote so I can slide one into the other and it seemed to make it worse. I might have my sprinkler manifold to high? Not sure what it's going to take to get it to quit spitting. Wondering if you've noticed less problems with the 5 gallon round buckets? For this next round I'll continue to use my 20 dollar cloner with humidity dome and rockwool cubes.
Thanks
420 Fied solved this issue by hot gluing a piece of poly to the under side of the lid to block the spray from hitting the crack. I copied his cloner design using a sterlite tub and it has never leaked a drop.

I got a high dollar one I will be using in the bloom area, the veg and cloner are on an inexpensive dual grounded outlet from a guy on ebay...26+5 shipping $31...seems to be working fine!:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Just looked a Titan Apollo 2 :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Changed out the nutes on the bloomer and my vegging girls today...Switching the nutes on the vegger was easy now that I have an unused tote...Simply unplug the pump from timer, take the lid with plants off the top, put it on the empty res, then remove manifold and top tote and place them aside, then remove the lid and pump and drain the res. Fill with new PH'd water and add nutes...re-assemble and plug pump into timer. SIMPLE...and if you find the tote too heavy, you can use a pump to drain:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Re: Hozona's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

UPDATE!
I thought I have been neglecting to post some more pics and talk about any issues I may run into as the grow progresses.
There are two issues, though small ones, I think I should mention.
FirstI had some dripback from the troughs. Solution, good old duct tape taped under the lip of the fence post andtop of reservoir. Works perfect for now. A different solution is to shorten the length-wise tubes at the bottom by 3/4" to 1". That way the troughs can extend that distance over the reservoir openings.
SecondI think I over-did it with the spacing of the net containers and the plants extend past both ends. Solution, Remake the fencepost part so it has (8) 2" nets or two less 3" net pots..redo scrog to extend past ends and sides..found some 4 way 1/2" corners I can use to extend the sides...
Here is what the bloom tent looks like at the present moment..Just switched to 12/12 lighting schedule
IMG_036320.JPG

And my newly revamped clone/veg area
IMG_036710.JPG

IMG_036224.JPG

Now that I can close it up better, before the front was open and it was Summer, the temps are such that the cloner is kicking into high gear, no pun intended:rofl: Added a flat panel LED right above bucket cloner

The clone/veg area houses my bucket cloner
IMG_035118.JPG

and aerovegger
IMG_034716.JPG

These girls are now in the tent.
More pics to come with explantion in the near future.

Well, I could see this grow was going to get unruley soon if I didn't get the girls going into the space I wanted them to, so I built some scrog extensions using 4 way corners I found on Amazon. I also found 5 way corners at another site and am considering adding another tier, but don't think I will need to. Here are the pics.
IMG_038015.JPG

IMG_038813.JPG

IMG_039018.JPG

IMG_038915.JPG

The parts I needed, other than the 1/2" PVC, were:
1. 4 4way corner fittings
2. 2 90 degree bends
3. 6 3 way corners
4. 2 end caps for legs
IMG_0388e.jpg

:tokin:

:welcome:Just a couple current pictures...As you can see, canopy filling nicely.
IMG_039320.JPG

I removed 3 plants from tent and put them back in the veg area along with another rooted clone.
IMG_039215.JPG

IMG_039417.JPG

The Bucket Cloner
IMG_039520.JPG

I am already thinking some "minor" changes in the tent...probably after harvest ...
:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom