Boomer444's Hozonaero Grow System - prototype

Hozona

THE HOZONAERO GROW SYSTEM
I have been asked to post these pictures and descriptions of the "New" aero set-up I just built, so here it is folks!
I have to give Stinkbud via AC GrowBrain a big shout out for stirring my interest in Aero growing. Also need to mention Sky Rocket and his Aerogrow.
So you think you'd like to try this out huh? The reason I decided to go this route is because of space limitations. I wanted everything in the same room, so this was the logical choice for me.
First the 5gal bucket cloner....
Bucket_Cloner.JPG

Bucket_Clones.JPG

I have redone lid with 9 holes in it now 8 for clones, 1 for cord
IMG_028818.JPG

Very simple to make...
PARTS LIST
5 gallon bucket with lid $5
396 gph pump $28
5 aero jets $2.50
4 elbow bends $1.20
2 end caps $.60
1 T fitting $.40
1 sprinkler riser $1.00
9 net pots and inserts $9.00
Timer for 1on 5off $31.00 (dual outlet so can be used for vegger at same timing)
For a total of approx. $46 dollars the cost for 1/2" PVC is in the next build...one if the least expensive things you will need.
IMG_028918.JPG

Next we have the aeroveg set up I re-designed with 3" net pots and will have lids on them to block out the light when they arrive.
Modified_aerocloner1.jpg

IMG_029312.JPG

Parts and prices ...(may vary in your area) plus some if you buy in bulk can be cheaper.
PVC 10' length $1.80
3T fittings $1.20
4 corners $1.20
1 sprinkler riser $1.00
1 coupler $.30
2 10gallon bins w/lid $12.00
1 396 gph pump $28.00
6 3" net cups $2.40
10 aeronozzles $5.00
Growrocks $9.00
For a total of $62.00 approx.

And last The HOZONA version of Stinkbuds Aerobloomer
IMG_027217.JPG

IMG_027119.JPG

As you can see, his is on a much bigger scale
large_unit.jpg

Here are what I feel are the essential pieces and then size determines the rest.
End_piece.jpg
IMG_0271parts.jpg
IMG_0272parts.jpg
tank_and_trough.jpg

And lastly
PARTS LIST
Material Qty
PVC length to be determined depending on size of your design $3.00
90 degree elbows 7 or more depending on size of your design $2.10
T fittings 13 or more depending on size of your design $5.60
4X4 vinyl posts and 4 end caps 4 (could use round with caps also I think) $33.00
Corner fittings 4 90X90X90 degree $1.60
18 gallon Rubbermaid Roughneck bin and lid 1 $6.00
396 gph submerible pump 1 $28.00
1/2" sprinkler riser 1 $1.00
1/2" coupler 1 $.30
Glue for PVC 1 $5.00
Aerojets 6 or more depending on size of your design $3.00
Net pots (3") or (2") 8 or more depending on size of your design $6.40
End caps for PVC 6 $1.80
Nylon cord for scog 1 $2.00
For an approximate total of under $100
Some of the fittings need to increase in number as the unit increases in size
Also as you experiment you may want to resize the scog.

Here are some pics of it in the areas it needed to occupy
IMG_027926.JPG

You will note I strung the scog with a 2" grid rather than the 4" one I started with
The unit in front will be replace by second Aerovegger so that I can simply tranfer plants from it into unit in back and rotate new vegger plants (lid and all) into the bloom tent. The plants in the cloner will go to the vegger, and then more clones cut from plants in bloom tent...sounds simple right? Stay tuned to my NEW AND IMPROVED GROW link in my signature...
Here is the room from the door
IMG_027317.JPG

As you can see it fits my space very well. ADD TENT, LIGHTS, and a little enginuity and you can have it up and running for under $450
:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Re: Hozona's Hozonaero Grow System (prototype)

looks really cool hozona, how do the aeroponic/gutter plants get watered? Sorry if the info was right in front of my face lol, I saw how the drainage runs back to its rez.
Taking rips before posting?? :cheesygrinsmiley:The pump in the reservoir pumps up the tubing and out the 6 aeronozzles, then drains back into the res. I have the jets (6) positioned in between the net pots (8) so the pump is set for 1 minute on 5 off for now and is on whether the lights are or not. Hope this answers any questions:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

No, but if I had maybe I would have noticed what you already said lol, sorry. I have some 6" sewage pipe laying around and would like to do something similar one day to veg a while before it goes in the DIY UC
Don't be sorry...I have done the same thing too!:cheesygrinsmiley:I have seen 4" pipe used here on a site, just typed in aeroponics in the search window at the top of the page and there are quite a few. CHECK THIS OUT As far as the net pots go, I think I may have only seen 2", We'll see if my 3" works, if not I'll go to 2" :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

right now since im forced to "run what I've brung"(an old street racer) aka I'm broke so im forced to use 3" net pots in a 4 gallon black square bucket pail which is my diy, homemade under current style rdwc system. i created a 6 site aero/veg system made out of a 18 gal. 5 buck tote. next year after a harvest blesses me with some much needed funds I'll get some bigger better parts and re doo my rdwc

right now since im forced to "run what I've brung"(an old street racer) aka I'm broke so im forced to use 3" net pots in a 4 gallon black square bucket pail which is my diy, homemade under current style rdwc system. i created a 6 site aero/veg system made out of a 18 gal. 5 buck tote. next year after a harvest blesses me with some much needed funds I'll get some bigger better parts and re doo my rdwc
Ya gotta have a plan and modify it until it works for what you need. I am trying to stay small so that I don't have problems. Sooner or later what Washington and Colorado did will spill over to the rest of the country, then prohibition will be a thing of the past :cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

Colorado and California for that matter is so saturated with growers and meds that the dispensaries are selling for such low prices (Unheard of) that it makes me wonder if a grower will be able to feed his family in the future?
Sorry for getting off topic

Colorado and California for that matter is so saturated with growers and meds that the dispensaries are selling for such low prices (Unheard of) that it makes me wonder if a grower will be able to feed his family in the future?
Sorry for getting off topic
Well I really am not concerned...I grow for me...no one else...I don't sell ANYTHING, except if someone wants me to build them a hyro set-up, I might consider that, but I am NOT HURTING for money so it really doesn't affect me. I realize some are in it for money, I am not.:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin:

and im broke on disability i have to save for everything but i also dont sell anything im growing to try and find the right strains to help my pain and other issues, hell beyond my family and a couple friends i dont even know any other smokers/growers except my 420 family here, i have dreams of one day creating and selling/sharing my genetics with the world , i do feel for those growers supporting a family with their growing, perhaps they need to breed some amazing special strain only they have, and theres always industrial hemp that will need ppl, i think the industry is going to create so many new jobs and opportunity everyone who is into it will be able to crave out a nitche for themselves, just my humble opinion

and im broke on disability i have to save for everything but i also dont sell anything im growing to try and find the right strains to help my pain and other issues, hell beyond my family and a couple friends i dont even know any other smokers/growers except my 420 family here, i have dreams of one day creating and selling/sharing my genetics with the world , i do feel for those growers supporting a family with their growing, perhaps they need to breed some amazing special strain only they have, and theres always industrial hemp that will need ppl, i think the industry is going to create so many new jobs and opportunity everyone who is into it will be able to crave out a nitche for themselves, just my humble opinion
I am not going to be able to spend much more except on nutes, I have always been a stealth kinda guy. I pray for the day when the fat cats back off and let the industry thrive...the benefits of hemp alone will turn things around ....THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE...people are becoming more informed wordwide...and damnit I'm already in my 60's! I thought that prohibition would be a thing of the past by now.:tokin:

hey hozona, I was wondering if you'd give me your opinion re: aero/cloners. I am having trouble with them leaking down the sides. I haven't tried using any weather striping yet (cause I dont have any ) but have cut one tote so I can slide one into the other and it seemed to make it worse. I might have my sprinkler manifold to high? Not sure what it's going to take to get it to quit spitting. Wondering if you've noticed less problems with the 5 gallon round buckets? For this next round I'll continue to use my 20 dollar cloner with humidity dome and rockwool cubes.
Thanks

hey hozona, I was wondering if you'd give me your opinion re: aero/cloners. I am having trouble with them leaking down the sides. I haven't tried using any weather striping yet (cause I dont have any ) but have cut one tote so I can slide one into the other and it seemed to make it worse. I might have my sprinkler manifold to high? Not sure what it's going to take to get it to quit spitting. Wondering if you've noticed less problems with the 5 gallon round buckets? For this next round I'll continue to use my 20 dollar cloner with humidity dome and rockwool cubes.
Thanks
I used the tote recommended in the article by AC GrowBrain...rubbermaid roughneck. I use the 10 gallon for my reservoir and to contain manifold. If you look at my drawing of the vegger, I have the manifold nearly on the bottom of the container that houses the manifold and net pots. I have no leaks problems with these containers...$6 with the lid...:cheesygrinsmiley:If you use a bucket you need to cut the slits around the lid to be able to put it on with a good seal.(it will snap when you have it on right) I also run the cord out the top through a 2" net pot and neoprene insert to seal...:tokin:

I am using 3" for everyyhing but the bucket cloner...As far as the tote...I use two 10gallon, one is the reservoir, the other houses the manifold and net pots...It is all a great experiment, until it throws me a curve, then MODIFY AND ADJUST :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom