Boomer444's Indoor and Outdoor Experiments

Hozona

I have been experimenting for the last 4 or 5 years before I discovered this site. What I am up to now is shooting for a perpetual grow that will keep me smiling the whole year.:grinjoint: I have to admit I haven't spent the money that some have on my grows, but then again, I'm not doing this for anyone but me. I started this year off way behind schedule because of my older brother's stroke, but now that he seems to be functioning at 95% I can proceed.
What I started the year off with was two clones of last years girls. They went outside sometime in April.

IMG_009312.JPG
After they were established outside I took 4 clones of those plants. (this makes 5 generations) I have two closets, one for bloom, one for veg
IMG_010023.JPG
This is a picture from the original mother (three years ago) in bloom.
Outside_Oct_1.JPG

I also purchased 2 clones from a local compassion club and have taken them to the flowering stage.

Co-op_Clones2.JPG
We had a severe thunderstorm here that blew over my two girls outside..It looked as if I was going to lose the one on the right, but with nutes packed in the soil around the base seemed to bring it back although the yield looks to be diminished.
IMG_009622.JPG
After_Storm5.JPG
Close-up_of_new_growth.JPG

I also planted a seed in a separate planter that has turned female and growing like a weed:yummy:
From_Seed_Before.JPG

I decided to LST it and what is happening is ONE PLANT is filling the space where I used to grow three!
LST215.JPG

I also transplanted three of my four remaining clones I got off the outside plants back outside to go to flower and the largest of the four I am starting my first indoor LST experiment.
Three_clones_transplanted.JPG
Clones510.JPG

I will be updating this from here on and look forward to any comments or suggestions any of you experienced growers might have.:thumb: BTW I have been using GH nutes Grow/ Bloom and some nute packages that came with my air ponics set-up. I think I will be making the switch to Blue Planet 3 part system with their bloom booster on my next experiments...I am also using high output CFLs in both closets ( A multi-purpose variety of light spectrums includes one 30K Spiral, one 41K Spiral and one 50K Tube style bulb. 17,000 lumens!).. Going to switch to an LED panel for the bloom closet as soon as I can find the size and price I can afford. I will continue to use T50 for cloning and Multi-spectrum CFLs for my veg closet.

Re: Hozona's Indoor and Outdoor Experiments

I got my BP Liquid Blue bloom enhancer yesterday and fed my bloomers a small dose (2ml) to start and will be increasing as the 6 or 7 weeks to harvest progress; around Nov,1 or sooner depending how fast the buds mature. I noticed that the outside clone on the left is starting to resin up and developing a few very large colas. Lots of blooms on my outdoor LST experiment and I am confident the yield from that one plant will be very large. I believe the seed I planted was of a cross bred Sativa/Indica and I crossed that strain 3 years ago with some really skunky Indica. The result is the strain I have kept going for 5 generations.(Mingus Mountain Mutha Fucka) I also harvested the tops of my two co-op clones today, but still have lots of buds forming on what is left. I decided to do this after I checked out the trichomes with my usb microscope.
Micro_8.jpg
I still don't have any input here so either you all think what I am doing is OK or you don't have any questions or comments.

hozana

First ... this is what pops in my mind each time I see your name, now it is in your head!

Hosanna Heysanna Sanna Sanna Ho
Sanna Hey Sanna Ho Sanna
Hey :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't help it!

Your plants look beautiful, but you knew I like them already!

Your LST experiment may hurt the branches .. try plastic hooks with a string and a weight like a nut or a fish sinker

Cool you started a journal ....

PS put some close-ups here to show folks how beautiful those plants are!!!

Thanks Buckshot! I think I'll take some more pictures Monday so that you can see the development I am starting to see. Thanks for the LST advice also. I wish I had used this site sooner! The paranoia went away when I got my Medical Marijuana card that says that I can cultivate since our state is screwing with the dispensary licensing still. Being able to turn this into a perpetual yield process will keep me out of the dispensaries and compassion clubs....I like mine better anyway!

Thanks Buckshot! I think I'll take some more pictures Monday so that you can see the development I am starting to see. Thanks for the LST advice also. I wish I had used this site sooner! The paranoia went away when I got my Medical Marijuana card that says that I can cultivate since our state is screwing with the dispensary licensing still. Being able to turn this into a perpetual yield process will keep me out of the dispensaries and compassion clubs....I like mine better anyway!

Cool! I will look in meanwhile folks check the "eye candy thread" for hozana's last years beauties!!

OK I didn't wait til Monday!!
My storm damaged plants and bud formation on left plant
After_Storm6.JPG
Left_plant_cola.JPG

Next a couple of the outside LST
LST310.JPG
Bud_start_Outside_LST.JPG

My three 5th generation clones replanted in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
Clones_outside2.JPG

My indoor LST after I re-arranged it using the suggestion from Buckshot
Clones610.JPG

My indoor LST after I re-arranged it using the suggestion from Buckshot
Clones610.JPG

Looking awesome! and the LST plant is sending her thanks to you, I can see/hear it!

another zonaboi i see! lol honestly i kinda hope it takes a really long time for the dispensaries to open, i am not going to be near one but i know ppl that will and will never be able to afford them, and 25miles as the crow flies is bullcrap! how is that compassionate? lol ok im done,,for now.. yup getting the card is a big tension reliever , your girls are looking good, if you wanna check out my crazyness its in my sig come on over! lol:thumb:

I don't see how the state will be able to justify telling us that we HAVE TO use the dispensaries when they open. They are the ones who forced us to have to resort to either compassion clubs or cultivate for ourselves. Are they going to buy my equipment from me? I think not, so I guess I will keep growing for myself and not buying into the dispensary mentality. From what I can see, the so called compassion clubs are NOT in this for anything but big profits.

Today I fed the plants that are budding outside with their second dose of BPN liquid bloom enhancer and their normal GH bloom mix. I should see some changes in a couple more days, but weatherman says temps back into the low 100s. Not going to see the major color change until the middle of October if they go like last year. The outdoor LST is going nuts!:slide: I am giving her BPN and GH nutes also. As soon as the GH nutes are gone, they're gone! From viewing other peoples posts I am convinced about BPN. I'll post more progress pics when I see significant change. Inside the LST that I cloned fom last years mother is starting to show lots of new growth! I wish I had tried this sooner! THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME HERE!:peace:

Today I fed the plants that are budding outside with their second dose of BPN liquid bloom enhancer and their normal GH bloom mix. I should see some changes in a couple more days, but weatherman says temps back into the low 100s. Not going to see the major color change until the middle of October if they go like last year. The outdoor LST is going nuts!:slide: I am giving her BPN and GH nutes also. As soon as the GH nutes are gone, they're gone! From viewing other peoples posts I am convinced about BPN. I'll post more progress pics when I see significant change. Inside the LST that I cloned fom last years mother is starting to show lots of new growth! I wish I had tried this sooner! THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL WELCOME HERE!:peace:
Here is todays offerings, starting with that indoor LST plant
clones710.JPG

Next the storm damaged recovery shots. Although the plant on the right will NEVER produce the amount of bud the one on the left, I have a feeling that what does come off of her will be pretty potent since ALL the plant energy is going to the few remaining buds.
After_Storm7.JPG
Left_plant_cola2.JPG

The outside LST really starting to bud
LST47.JPG

And last the clones...the one in the center had a little hard time I am seeing new growth on all of them....only time will tell.
Clones_outside3.JPG

I also harvested the tops of my two co-op clones today, but still have lots of buds forming on what is left. I decided to do this after I checked out the trichomes with my usb microscope.
Micro_8.jpg
Smokin' some of the cured tops of the co-op clone. They said it was Lemon Haze, but all I know is it kicks ass for such small compact buds! I know what's outside is even better...another month....5 weeks...6 weeks......:tokin: I also revamped my bloom closet until I can afford the tent I want for blooming. I hung mylar on the walls, lined the catch pan, and added mylar to my 3 cfl bulb reflector (it was just galvanized metal and NOT very reflective) They rate it at 17,000 lumens, maybe now but NOT before ....I'm still learning this indoor stuff and have a ways to go, but if you don't learn something new every day, you might as well be dead!:reading420magazine:

looking good, its always so satisfying to partake that first bit of the new meds and see how good it is, especially for me when it's one of my new crosses i have created,i find myself daydreaming and plotting my breeding program an awful lot ,i think its cool to possibly be creating the medical wonder of the future, i have 2 strains i have been working on for a few yrs now, the ppl that have had them have had nothing but good words, very encouraging!
keep up the good work!

looking good, its always so satisfying to partake that first bit of the new meds and see how good it is, especially for me when it's one of my new crosses i have created,i find myself daydreaming and plotting my breeding program an awful lot ,i think its cool to possibly be creating the medical wonder of the future, i have 2 strains i have been working on for a few yrs now, the ppl that have had them have had nothing but good words, very encouraging!
keep up the good work!
Thanks....I know what it does for my pain. I took the last of my indoor bloomer down and have it drying as we speak. I am waiting to see how my outdoor girls compare to last years grandmother. Waiting, waiting, waiting...:snooze:

Well I had to put that co-op bud under the scope one more time. I can't believe what a total body stone these little buds deliver. Better than ANYTHING I bought at the co-op! 5 weeks, 6, 7 to harvest outdoors??? I can't believe how long the stems are on the trichomes.
Micro_9.jpg

Update....Well the storm damaged plant on the right looks as if it just kicked itself into full production mode. Both have nice colas that are thickening and becoming much more dense with a little frosting starting to happen. Temps below 100 today?
After_Storm8.JPG

As far as my outside LST experiment all I see are tops, thickening tops all over the canopy of this one plant.
LST52.JPG

My indoor LST is adjusting to new environment... more light and reflective walls.
Clones810.JPG

And my remaining survivor clone I put out to bud. Not sure if it was the heat or me (I did transplant from hydro into dirt):scratchinghead:
Clones_outside4.JPG

Waiting for cooler weather to move my veg/clones to an outside storage room. I will post photos of the new area once I have moved them. I cloned the indoor LST plant today (4 cuttings) . That is sixth generation of the original mother plant. I will be blooming the indoor LST plant AFTER I am sure I have the new clones rooted. I am using larger 2" rockwool cubes instead of the small ones. I see most people have an easier time manipulating them. I also am using a 12X12 LED panel I just picked up and a 2' T50 light in the clone area. Going to switch these girls and put them into Foxfarm soil INSTEAD of hydro this time. Have 4 3gal containers just waiting for them. :snooze: Nothing new outside....just bulking up nicely.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom