Boptang x Black Cherry Punch, Organic, 2020

Hi all,
Been a busy week, had a few cold temp issues in the cmh room, it's been very cold here the last few days (0°c), tried to make it work adding heaters but fighting a losing battle with the one wall being a external one. This veg rooms going to have to go on hold until winter ends.

Moved plants into another room under a 600w hps, some initial stretch but seem happy now.
Tidied up some of the lower branches and did a small amount of defoilation.

Pictures from Sunday (day 30)
Plant 1 (straggler)

Plant 2

Plant 3

Thinking about making some room in flower and flipping these soon, don't think il be able to keep them in veg another 6 weeks, they'd be trees :rofl:

Thanks for following :ganjamon::passitleft:
Lf.

Plants where flipped on Monday to 12/12 (February 17th).

Currently sharing the flower room. The 3 plants have got 1m2 floor space under a single 600w hps.
Still in the same pots so probably going to need a few doses of aact around weeks 3/4/5.

Fed em1 and labs at alternate feeds.

Expecting quite a bit of stretch for the first few weeks, il put up a frame to run support lines when they look like they are stopping vertical growth.
Starting to see slight differations between phenotypes.

Plant 1 (the straggler)
She seems to have caught up well

Plant 2

Plant 3
Got the "boptang" leaf mutation showing threw. May see some budlets form over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for stopping by,
:passitleft:
Lf.

Got to love the vigour in these:ganjamon:.
The straggler has overtook the other two plants. All 3 plants are bursting with pistils. Managed to keep a fairly even canopy with plants ranging from 90cm-100cm.
Put up a quick frame @1. 2m height (hopefully won't grow much more than this....) .
Plants 1 and 3 have nice sturdy stems, plant 2 looks like its going to need some support.
Il run any support lines needed further down the line.
Starting to get a faint fruity smell coming of all 3 girls.

Group shot

Close up

Plant one

Plant two

Plant 3

Cleaned up a little more of the bottom branches and tied a few branches to even out the top canopy.

Thanks for following :Namaste:.
:passitleft:

Lf.

Hey @Lancashire farmer , it's nice to see you growing some kitchenhawk genetics.

It is interesting to see your style of LST and HST - and how the plants are doing great because of your training.

I thought about trellis netting, but I like the idea of the bamboo posts for support because I need to move the plants around.

Alight, keep 'em healthy!

Hey @Lancashire farmer , it's nice to see you growing some kitchenhawk genetics.

It is interesting to see your style of LST and HST - and how the plants are doing great because of your training.

I thought about trellis netting, but I like the idea of the bamboo posts for support because I need to move the plants around.

Alight, keep 'em healthy!
Hi buddy, thanks for stopping by.
Yeah I'm I'mpressed with these genetics, going to be on the boptang train for a while, its my favourate "orange" profile strain to date.
Yeah this is why I stay away from netting, had some bumber crops in the past of scrog but had a lot of head aches too, its to restricting for me and I'm forever moving things about.
On these plants I'd been following @Preston9mm journal so was expecting quite a bit of stretch, pruned early because of this.
I've just tried to manage it as best I can really, in hindsight I've probably went a bit over board cleaning up the bottoms.
Last couple of grows I've just been using a old tent frame as support. I have a few extra support bars that just clip on where I need them and I just tie up whatever needed. It's effectively cost me nothing which I like :cheesygrinsmiley:.

I'd probably be using stakes myself if I didn't have the frame handy.

I'm thinking the BCP Bop, GG Bop and the Mimosa Bop would be awesome to grow!!!

And you're right - @Preston9mm is a great grower - I stalk follow him his journal regularly. :)

He has actually introduced us to Rosin & Blunts!

I'm thinking the BCP Bop, GG Bop and the Mimosa Bop would be awesome to grow!!!

And you're right - @Preston9mm is a great grower - I stalk follow him his journal regularly. :)

He has actually introduced us to Rosin & Blunts!
I'd definatly give any bop x a go. I really am very impressed with them. I think the other two are up next for me :ganjamon:
Yeah @Preston9mm has been smashing it this winter :headbanger:. Stalker..:rofl::rofl:

Day 25 12/12
Still stretching.
Plants have been fed a mild compost tea as well as em-1.
Theres the odd bit of frost on some fan leaves.
A more pungent aroma is starting to develop.

Thanks
:passitleft:,
Lf.

Currently fermenting some em-5 for ipm. It's a new one too me, hear brilliant things about its natural ability to improve plant health and resistance so decided to give it a go.
Below is the recipe I've used. All ingredients are added to a 1 gallon bucket with a lid.

400ml of em-1
400ml cider viniger
400ml blackstrap mollases
400ml ethanol
A bunch of chilli's, clove of garlic and a bunch of male flowers and trimming's.

Fill the bucket with warm water and
Seal the lid to allow the ferment process to begin. This mixture is ready to use in a 3/4 weeks from starting.
Will be diluting this a further 500/1 before use as a foiler.

Hey @Lancashire farmer ,

Your garden is still growing strong - make @Kitchenhawk proud!

I've always liked this part of the flowering phase -- the pistils are poking out and the aroma is so nice!

Actually, I've never done a grow like this before so it's cool to read the ingredients in the recipe. I always used the premixed nutes like Fox Farm and Advanced Nutrients because it was easier and I didn't know any better.

I was just talking to a guy at our local hydroponics shop - and he is migrating from RDWC to LOS - while I am actually migrating from coco to RDWC :)

:thanks:
I'm pretty happy with how there going so far. Yeah me too, I find nows the best time to notice the slight differances.
I grew in coco for a few years,eventually tried my hand at a few differant hydro setups but kept making silly mistakes so geared back to coco.
Only been in living soil for the last 18 months so definatly still learning as I go with it, I love the quality of the smoke but my yields need improvement.

Back
Top Bottom