Bottom Leaves Keep Dying

Cativaz

420 Member
I have posted here before about this issue and did try to revive my post but no one answered. So i gave up on that plant and started another
Some people suggested that my problem was:
Not enough feeding, organic nutrients on a hydro grow, ph problems... so i changed it all.
I slowly got my ppms from 300 to 800, got myself Remo nutrients and my ph is not stable since i changed my nutrients.

Im growing Regular OG kush x Tropicana /cookies F2
80% indica 20% Stativa
1 plants
Early Vegetative
Indoor
Hydro - Rockwool - Dyi 5 gallon buckets
600w full spec Led
temps are high, from 28 to 30
Have a fan, and exaust and open room several times a day when lights are on
18/6 lights
60% humidity
feeding them 5.9ph nute water
no pests
DWC
Remo Nutrients
Micro and Grow
RO water, 800ppm

I keep getting my bottom leaves wilthered. New growth is perfect, by my old leaves keep dying as soon as new groth starts getting bigger.
My roots are white but really small. the plant is growing, but very very slow. i have plenty of oxygen... is 800ppm still low for such a small plant?

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 17.25.49.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 18.19.50.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 18.20.06.jpeg

I have posted here before about this issue and did try to revive my post but no one answered. So i gave up on that plant and started another
Not enough feeding, organic nutrients on a hydro grow, ph problems... so i changed it all.
I slowly got my ppms from 300 to 800, got myself Remo nutrients and my ph is not stable since i changed my nutrients.

80% indica 20% Stativa
1 plants
Early Vegetative
Indoor
600w full spec Led
18/6 lights
60% humidity
no pests
DWC
Remo Nutrients
Micro and Grow
RO water, 800ppm

I keep getting my bottom leaves wilthered. New growth is perfect, by my old leaves keep dying as soon as new groth starts getting bigger.
My roots are white but really small. the plant is growing, but very very slow. i have plenty of oxygen... is 800ppm still low for such a small plant?

Your PPM seems awfully high for a plant that size (my opinion, I’m new to DWC myself) but I’m vegging a plant 10X the size of yours and JUST got to 800PPM.
One thing I know for sure across all styles of growing cannabis. You can’t make it grow any faster by just force feeding it, but you can burn the living shit out out of them.

Hi Cativaz.... I think your plant is stressing from the heat and locking out nutrients, You might want to lower your heat to around 23c and lower your ppms to around 500 ... 800ppm is a little high for seedling plants which I think I see a lil nute burn on the tips. lol The main thing its still alive and you can correct it to become a healthy plant again. ;)

Your PPM seems awfully high for a plant that size (my opinion, I’m new to DWC myself) but I’m vegging a plant 10X the size of yours and JUST got to 800PPM.
One thing I know for sure across all styles of growing cannabis. You can’t make it grow any faster by just force feeding it, but you can burn the living shit out out of them.
i know right? i had it at 300 ppm and ppl told me they were starving. i increased 100 ppm every 4 days to check progress and is the leaves are still getting dry. What ppms do you do per week?

Hi Cativaz.... I think your plant is stressing from the heat and locking out nutrients, You might want to lower your heat to around 23c and lower your ppms to around 500 ... 800ppm is a little high for seedling plants which I think I see a lil nute burn on the tips. lol The main thing its still alive and you can correct it to become a healthy plant again. ;)
i live in Brazil, i cant do anything about the heat. it is really hot here right now... about the ppm, i kept up with the chart to be honest.. the problem is that since it stopped growing, week after week i would increase the ppm and the plant is still a seedling. believe it or not this little girl is over 40 days old.

i know right? i had it at 300 ppm and ppl told me they were starving. i increased 100 ppm every 4 days to check progress and is the leaves are still getting dry. What ppms do you do per week?
If you give “THIS” a quick read through, that’s exactly how I’ve been feeding my plants in DWC. It was the easiest way to understand and it forces you to check the reservoir daily which makes following the charts below easier to follow.
C0DC4D2C-BA6C-4500-AE11-7C8A911D3334.jpeg
1E26C7FF-4A1A-4F28-BAA0-3842238B8979.jpeg
3C3E525D-A7D2-4974-BF80-BF7DFC8949E9.png

i live in Brazil, i cant do anything about the heat. it is really hot here right now... about the ppm, i kept up with the chart to be honest.. the problem is that since it stopped growing, week after week i would increase the ppm and the plant is still a seedling. believe it or not this little girl is over 40 days old.
Oh wow if she is over 40 days old and stunted in growth that much, It does sound like the heat is causing nutrient lockout to your plant and by you adding more nutrients to the res its just burning them up. Its like this you can lead a horse to all kinds of water but you can't make him want to drink it....lol... Do you have access to Ac or at least a fan and ice to blow cool air across the plant? Do you have your res on a concrete floor that will help keep temps in the res a bit cooler for you. When it comes to ppms with DWC I have found 0- 150ppm for seedlings ... 400 -500 for young plants.... older mature plants 800ppm to 1100ppm and change out res water every week or two then no chance of nute salt build up forming in res. :)

80% indica 20% Stativa
1 plants
Early Vegetative
Indoor
600w full spec Led
18/6 lights
60% humidity
no pests
DWC
Remo Nutrients
Micro and Grow
RO water, 800ppm

I really admire your tenacity to try this again. I have grown hydro with drip emitters etc. wishing I was qualified to assist but wanted to give you a perspective. Is there any thoughts to running a side project using a soil mix?
My quick story, I went hydro back in 87 or so because the possibility to achieve higher yields, quicker. My issue was I couldn’t keep my plants healthy enough to take advantage of the high capabilities of the hydro system and so going back to soil was logical for me at the time .
Of course you have alot more help on here than I did in those days. I’m hoping that you continue with your endeavors and wish you all the best!

I really admire your tenacity to try this again. I have grown hydro with drip emitters etc. wishing I was qualified to assist but wanted to give you a perspective. Is there any thoughts to running a side project using a soil mix?
My quick story, I went hydro back in 87 or so because the possibility to achieve higher yields, quicker. My issue was I couldn’t keep my plants healthy enough to take advantage of the high capabilities of the hydro system and so going back to soil was logical for me at the time .
Of course you have alot more help on here than I did in those days. I’m hoping that you continue with your endeavors and wish you all the best
i have decided that if i cant make this work this time around i will turn to soil. i do have to be discrete here and coming up the elevator with a bag of dirt doesnt scream discrete.. but i will try.. plus, I run into a lot of issues for being in Brazil. we dont get brand name dirt, we dont have good inoculants unless i buy 74kilos. cause they only sell that stuff for agriculture. i made my whole sistem. even netpots, and black buckets here run for about 100 dollars each.. crazy right? its all imported. my Remo nutrients cost me 800 bucks. but i will do a lot to grow my own anxiety medicine.

i have decided that if i cant make this work this time around i will turn to soil. i do have to be discrete here and coming up the elevator with a bag of dirt doesnt scream discrete.. but i will try.. plus, I run into a lot of issues for being in Brazil. we dont get brand name dirt, we dont have good inoculants unless i buy 74kilos. cause they only sell that stuff for agriculture. i made my whole sistem. even netpots, and black buckets here run for about 100 dollars each.. crazy right? its all imported. my Remo nutrients cost me 800 bucks. but i will do a lot to grow my own anxiety medicine.
Love your drive to take care of yourself! Sometimes I take for granted the conveniences I have. Understand and carry on!

Back
Top Bottom