Bottom leaves turning yellow/brown spots

xJonnyx420

What Strain is it? Bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants? 6
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 2.5 Weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size? -
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? -
If Hydro, what type of Medium? -
If Hydro, what type of Setup? -
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Miracle Grow Potting Mix
If Soil... What Size Pot? 10"
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? Full Sun
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Ranges from 50-80 degrees
RH of Room/Cabinet? -
PH of Medium or Reservoir? -
Any Pests? Yes
How Often are you Watering? Once, possibly twice a day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Miracle Grow Bloom Booster (15-30-15)
Size or Square Footage of Room? 20 Feet

Extra Information-

Are you plants from seed or clone? Seed

How old are your plants total? 9 Weeks 2 Days

How big are the plants? 2.5 - 3.4 Feet

What type of medium are you using and what is its makeup? Miracle Grow Potting Soil

Chemical or organic fertilizer? Chemical

How frequently do you feed them and how much do you use? Once every 2 weeks, 1/2 of recommended retial suggestion.

Have you seen any bugs in your garden? Yes

Do you have ventilation? Natural Air Flow

Okay the tallest girl I have (3.5ft) has come up with an issue, starting from the bottom leaf nodes and working its way up, forms a yellow layer, followed by brown spots on the tips of the leaves and then continues throughout the rest of the leaf. ALSO... The veins of the problem plant have turned Brown.
Im not sure if this is a nitrogen problem, or potentially a Nut lockout. Those are the only suggestions I have managed to come up with and I really need help on this before it takes over and kills my baby.. :hmmmm:

get-attachment_aspx60.jpg

4579.jpg

2955.jpg

3845.jpg

Forgot to mention the strange brownish black spots that are all along the stem leading up to the problem leaves.
Thanks for any time & help that's given... any questions feel free to ask ill give my best answer.

Re: Bottom leaves turning yellow/brown spots..

I'm having same problem- although it's effecting top leaves also. 3 wks into flower, I gave them some xtra N. Too soon to tell. I'm also looking for advice. Your pics are excellent. Somebody have any advice- all the books point to various deficiencies, along with N. I even sprayed with Neem twice, desperate to try anything.

You can try all day to work out the deficiency of your plant with problems like that, i've had it before. You will never truly know until you make sure the ph of the soil or the water being fed is in the right range.
You can feed it all you want to try to sort it out but it will do nothing if the ph is wrong, as it will lock out the nutrients.
You can find a lock out chart for your ph all over google. If you dont have a ph reader try flushing it out with fresh water no nutes at all. How often do you feed, do you flush every 2 feeds?

xJonnyx420

Kudos on the post! All of the necessary info! The only thing missing is the ph of your feed/water solution.

I'm having same problem- although it's effecting top leaves also. 3 wks into flower, I gave them some xtra N. Too soon to tell. I'm also looking for advice. Your pics are excellent. Somebody have any advice- all the books point to various deficiencies, along with N. I even sprayed with Neem twice, desperate to try anything.

You should be reducing the amount of nitrogen in flower and increasing the amount of phosphorus. Excessive N in flower slows bud formation....:)

Thanks for info- I dirtbag and never had this problem before. I use my AC reclaimed water ( same system for 6 years), supplemented with ro water and occasional tap water for the calcium. Just checked ph (1st time ever) and got a 9.0.
What would you guys recommend to lower ph?
I don't think my ph reducer for my hot tub would be the right choice.;^)

Thanks for info- I dirtbag and never had this problem before. I use my AC reclaimed water ( same system for 6 years), supplemented with ro water and occasional tap water for the calcium. Just checked ph (1st time ever) and got a 9.0.
What would you guys recommend to lower ph?
I don't think my ph reducer for my hot tub would be the right choice.;^)

vinegar

looks like lack of light which is normal as the plant gets taller and further away from the light.remedy is to remove leaf

Sorry its not lack of light it'l defo be the ph. The leaves are showing like 3 deficiency's due to lock out of nutrients. leaves should never do that even under low light if the plant is healthy it will keep all it leaves maybe droop a bit with low light.

You can try all day to work out the deficiency of your plant with problems like that, i've had it before. You will never truly know until you make sure the ph of the soil or the water being fed is in the right range.
You can feed it all you want to try to sort it out but it will do nothing if the ph is wrong, as it will lock out the nutrients.
You can find a lock out chart for your ph all over google. If you dont have a ph reader try flushing it out with fresh water no nutes at all. How often do you feed, do you flush every 2 feeds?

I have only flushed once this whole process, I wasn't aware it was after every 2 ferts... so maybe that could be an issue.

Definitely looks like PH spotting, failure to remedy soon will result in lockout!

Like the brothers said... need those PH numbers to know/suggest anything further.

Tomorrow i will go out and by something to measure the pH levels, and come back to report them so I can try to get some answers on what to do.

I have only flushed once this whole process, I wasn't aware it was after every 2 ferts... so maybe that could be an issue.

imho flushing every two feedings is unneccesary. Unless you are dealing with a problem, I would only flush at the flip and prior to chop...:)

just so we are all on the same page, flushing is running 3-5 times the pot capacity of ph'd water thru the plant.

Ah ok sorry I didnt mean flush after ever 2 feeds then. Yeah hogdaddy right. I meant flushing as a feed without nutes. I do 2 feeds then 1 water. and flush 2 week before harvest.
Sorry for confusion

Thanks guys, also went to the garden center and bought the wrong pH testers. Looking for somewhere to go to get a cheap one that works decent, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom