Bottom leaves yellow and wilting, top looks nice

LEDlover

I'm a first time grower, just over one week into a 12-12 light cycle on a 4 month old Super Silver Haze mother plant. She was beautiful and healthy throughout until a few days ago, when I noticed that the leaves on the underside and interior were yellowing, curling, wilting, and being shed. The growth down there is very spindly as well. The tops look great, except for some stretching. :peace:

She's getting a 1/3 dose of Hygrozyme and Botanicare Flower Power 2-2-5 Bloom food twice a week, which is every watering. The temperature stays between 74-81F, and humidity is 36-47%. The plant is in a reflective cabinet that's left open while lit to allow air circulation from the cracked open bedroom window, then sealed when the lights go out. There's a minor gnat issue, which I plan on treating by spraying with diluted neem oil.

The first photo is of the tops, which appear healthy. The other three show the spindly growth and curling, yellowing leaves below.
Hazel_001_1_.JPG

Hazel_002.jpg

Hazel_003.jpg

Hazel_004.jpg

Is what's happening to the lower leaves to be expected, or am I doing something wrong? What could be done to correct this?

Thank you for your help!
:thanks:

Excellent, thank you for your help! Like a first-time father, I get nervous about my girl. :hippy:

So should I trim off *all* of the spindly, unhealthy looking stuff now?

Also, should I keep trimming like this throughout flowering, or is there a point where I should leave her be (say, after doing a pre-harvest flush)?

Thanks again! And thank you 420Magazine for providing such an excellent resource!

you can trim all that crap off...it aint gonna do anything but suck energy from other parts of the plant...once you get to flushing you are so close it dosent matter at that point....

hit that thing with neem now to get the full effect you should be spray for two weeks, and i hate spray neem on the buds it gets them oily

Back
Top Bottom