Bottom lightning

Hi guys,

I ve been tempted to buy this kind of light multiple times :

Screenshot_20180811-083745_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Why? Because the down part of the plants are often shaded. I know the plants can't receive light from the under part of the leaves, but I was thinking maybe the increase of lumens in that zone could help. In my case side lightning, which is said to be more efficient, isn't possible with my setup as the grow space is entirely filled. I have a trimmed bottom that could welcome this kind of light well. Does some one already tried this kind of thing?

No personal experience (upon due consideration, always seemed like a waste of money to me), but I've seen grows using under-lighting, via the Internet. Never seemed to make an appreciable difference.

But those things look like they cost about $9.99 each, so feel free to try them. At best, they'll help, and at worst, you're out the price of two cups of fancy, overpriced, coffee-flavored syrup at the local PoseurBucks.

If you do try them, please keep track of the difference (if any) between that grow and others that had the same type of strains/phenotypes/etc. but did not have the additional lighting so you can return and let us know what you learned (thanks!).

No personal experience (upon due consideration, always seemed like a waste of money to me), but I've seen grows using under-lighting, via the Internet. Never seemed to make an appreciable difference.

But those things look like they cost about $9.99 each, so feel free to try them. At best, they'll help, and at worst, you're out the price of two cups of fancy, overpriced, coffee-flavored syrup at the local PoseurBucks.

If you do try them, please keep track of the difference (if any) between that grow and others that had the same type of strains/phenotypes/etc. but did not have the additional lighting so you can return and let us know what you learned (thanks!).

The only thing preventing me right now from buying it is the fact I had already invested in mobile AC because of the heat this summer. Maybe I ll make that experiment for the winter! I would invest now only if it was worthy but it seems no real experience has been made on that

be better off throwing those samsung strips under if anything. Those wont do sht for ya.

I was thinking about it as just a way to increase lumens in the down part. I ended just doing more lollipopping..... After days of research impossible to find good studies and good results. Trimming is always what s advised

I was thinking about it as just a way to increase lumens in the down part. I ended just doing more lollipopping..... After days of research impossible to find good studies and good results. Trimming is always what s advised
I do have 2 60 watt LED E27 growlights that give light on a 360° angle. So if you use those kind of lights and manage to hang it low and put 3 plants around it, each plant will receive 15 watt of light extra. I haven't used it myself but it should be pretty efdective if you make good use of your space and use a few of those lamps. I used to have a big 150watt lamp like that which worked pretty damn wel for exrta lighting. They're pretty cheap too!

I ll try it for my winter grow. For the moment the AC adds too much on the electricity bill

Haha I can understand that. We don't have airvo but it was damn warm here last 6 weeks. Plus we have solar panels!

But to conclude, I m sure it can be useful. Leaves can't take light from underneath. Fact. However the goal of those kind of cheap and not so bright light is just to increase the overall lux and add more to the bottom zone as the lights on the top can penetrate that deep

Back
Top Bottom