Bounce Back light&dark

GimmieGreenie

This question is about inside the grow box.
I heard flat white paint is best because when the lights on the box glows extra bright inside.
I also read that reflective sheets are the best, mainly cause it bouces light back onto the buds. yet not the whole plant

My question is more about the dark.
I have a room with no windows thats still painted flat white.
i when inside it and shut the door so i could sleep in total darkness after a party. However i realized as dark as it was, i could still see the walls a bit.
it made me think if this could have an effect on the growing process :hmmmm:
Reflective surfaces dont have this problem i know.

I think (like many things, when it comes to growing) its all a matter of perference.
The Flat white will make the bigger buds over the reflective, but may slow the vegging stage slightly do to lack of total darkness
what say you?

Lets start with the last sentence in your question. You don't need to worry about light contamination during the veg stage, 18 to 24 hrs light for veging. Now during Bloom thats when you do not want any light for at least 12 hrs per day if you need to extend hours in bloom then you always extend the hrs of darkness. If you are using clones then veg to 12" to 14" then start em 12hrs on 12hrs off, just block the crack under door it will be plenty dark, and don't disturb during dark!!! I'd go with flat white.

I see what you're saying. Humans in total darkness can take up to 20-30 minutes to adjust their eyes. At that point you may see the walls... Even at that, I don't think it will affect the grow. Interesting question. + rep

I see what you're saying. Humans in total darkness can take up to 20-30 minutes to adjust their eyes. At that point you may see the walls... Even at that, I don't think it will affect the grow. Interesting question. + rep

aah i think your right Fox
i tryed it again for longer. i still seem like when i shut my eyes in there it a shade darker then when open, but dark is dark right lol.
this minds me of a movie called "Close your Eyes" where a girl was staring at a tv forever, closed her eyes, and could still see the glow of the tv.
Thankx for the help guys:ganjamon:
:thanks:

Yeah, I got that info from watching a Navy Seals program on the History Channel. I never knew that either. Lol! It's amazing the amount of seemingly pointless information I somehow sponge up... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom