Chin up, man - don’t let it get you down! :headbanger:

Nice flowers! :yummy: Don’t forget that super-cropping can help you keep the really stretchy plants even.

Your leaf color looks good. I think they are liking 5g/gal.
:thumb:

I’m in the same boat. Wife took an early Mat leave. Baby is due in May. We also have a three year old running around the house with a personal day car watcher. We pulled her just to avoid payments of her watching her, and well I mean we’re both home, so no sense paying for that anymore. On Tuesday I grabbed my tools from work and came home. Been here since, besides getting groceries yesterday. This has me worried about our finances, and our future. Our mortgage, insurance, a new baby... it’s definitely stressful. Your not alone in this man! :passitleft:

Chin up, man - don’t let it get you down! :headbanger:

Nice flowers! :yummy: Don’t forget that super-cropping can help you keep the really stretchy plants even.

Your leaf color looks good. I think they are liking 5g/gal.
:thumb:

Thanks Felipe! I'm definitely going to keep the super cropping in my back pocket for the next crop. I can see what it was able do with getting the CDLC to kick the lower nodes in the butt and get them moving. It might be a bit late to mess with the others, as they are beautiful plants and I don't want to mess with them too much. Each of their canopies are relatively even in their own respects, so I might add a riser to hoist them up.

I’m in the same boat. Wife took an early Mat leave. Baby is due in May. We also have a three year old running around the house with a personal day car watcher. We pulled her just to avoid payments of her watching her, and well I mean we’re both home, so no sense paying for that anymore. On Tuesday I grabbed my tools from work and came home. Been here since, besides getting groceries yesterday. This has me worried about our finances, and our future. Our mortgage, insurance, a new baby... it’s definitely stressful. Your not alone in this man! :passitleft:

Yup. I know a bunch of people who have been laid off and probably will be feeling the effects of this for quite a while.

It's a scary time to be expecting and especially with the due date just around the corner. All things aside, congratulations! We've got #2 on the way as well, and literally just before this shit started. First ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, but I don't think a trip to the hospital is a good idea right now, unless absolutely necessary.

Wishing the best to you and your fam!

Hang in there, man! Best wishes!
:green_heart:

It's a scary time to be expecting and especially with the due date just around the corner. All things aside, congratulations! We've got #2 on the way as well, and literally just before this shit started. First ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, but I don't think a trip to the hospital is a good idea right now, unless absolutely necessary.

Wishing the best to you and your fam!
Congratulations to you guys as well! That’s amazing! Best of wishes to you guys!! ITS scary times to be bringing a new life into the world!! Stay safe!!

Hang in there, man! Best wishes!
:green_heart:
Thanks Felipe!! :passitleft:

Day 63

Hey everyone. Hate to just pop in like this after such an absence, but something has been going on with my girls. This started about a week ago when the tips on the top of the plant started changing. At first it was just yellow, then it started to get a bit brown, and lots of tips pointing down. This is only happening on the DG and SS

I gave them all a good flush to see if maybe my inconsistent AM watering was allowing them to dry out and concentrate nutes, but it doesn't seem to have helped. Then I started thinking maybe it's a K def, given I had not changed my feed at all, still @ MC 5g/gallon and calimagic 5ml/gallon.

I tried bumping up to 5.5g/gallon the last couple days but it has not had the desired effect. Starting to see some purple and yellow further up the leaves. The top 1/3 of the plant seems to be affected most, it started on the fans and now I'm seeing it on the sugar leaves.

Here's some pics. I'd love to hear some opinions on this.

IMG_6840.JPG
IMG_6839.JPG
IMG_6838.JPG
IMG_6837.JPG
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6835.JPG
IMG_6834.JPG
IMG_6833.JPG
IMG_6832.JPG
IMG_6831.JPG

¡Hola amigo! Nice to see you again! Your plants have really grown! The leaf damage doesn’t look too bad yet. What’s your current MC dose and how long have you been at that level? Any other nutritional additions? How far is the light? And what’s your temp/RH?

@Backlipslide Thanks, I hope so!

@FelipeBlu Thanks for stopping by. I've fed them 5.5g MC and 5ml of calimagic the last two days. but I had been feeding them 5g / 5ml since around day 35. The light is as high as it will go, and the tops are anywhere between 22-28" away. Temps are between 68 F lights off and 75 F lights on. RH fluctuates the most with about 55-60% during lights on and 70 during lights off.

5.5g/gal doesn’t seem excessive. I dunno - there’s just a bit of tip burn, and some of the spots look like nutrient splash. Then there’s the downward droop. Hmmmm...
Maybe a bit too much N (147ppm total) from the addition of the Calimagic? Which version of MC do you have, the 9-6-17?

5.5g/gal doesn’t seem excessive. I dunno - there’s just a bit of tip burn, and some of the spots look like nutrient splash. Then there’s the downward droop. Hmmmm...
Maybe a bit too much N (147ppm total) from the addition of the Calimagic? Which version of MC do you have, the 9-6-17?
At 5.0 I started seeing issues, but followed the back of the bag, bumped to 5.5 and a week later they all started showing really bad nute burn. I’d be cautious.
I rinsed and reset, then started feeding 4.5g/gal.
Why are you using so much Cal/mag?

Let’s pop @Emilya in for an opinion.

Oh... and here they are a week after the drop back to 4.5. Mush happier.
C2CF7769-ACF7-4DE3-B99B-575BDB77E4CC.jpeg

I'm at the end of my original 500g sample, which I got in December or January, so it should be the latest version. I just got a 10kg bag the other day, which should also be latest. I might try like @AdaminCO suggested and drop the MC back to 4.5 and see what happens.

At 5.0 I started seeing issues, but followed the back of the bag, bumped to 5.5 and a week later they all started showing really bad nute burn. I’d be cautious.
I rinsed and reset, then started feeding 4.5g/gal.
Why are you using so much Cal/mag?

Let’s pop @Emilya in for an opinion.

Nice, good to know. Thank you! I feed the calimagic because I'm in coco under LEDs.

I'm at the end of my original 500g sample, which I got in December or January, so it should be the latest version. I just got a 10kg bag the other day, which should also be latest. I might try like @AdaminCO suggested and drop the MC back to 4.5 and see what happens.

Nice, good to know. Thank you! I feed the calimagic because I'm in coco under LEDs.
There should be plenty in the MC. You usually supplement calmag when using RO. Did you see a deficiency previously? Running too much calmag can cause lockout on other nutes.

Ive never ran anything but led and have never supplemented with calmag because of it. And I have a lot of LEDs. Lol.
I think that’s some of that bro science honestly.

EDF159B7-6411-4221-8144-345696BC4CA2.jpeg
80DA75F7-0C7A-4C37-9941-A2B01A49E535.jpeg

The LED part of the equation may be bro science, but coco is definitely not. Also, if you look back on the first page, I added it when I started seeing signs, when I was around 3.5g of MC. I know @farside05 also runs a good amount of calmag.

And no offence, but when I say LED, I'm not talking about blurples.

The LED part of the equation may be bro science, but coco is definitely not. Also, if you look back on the first page, I added it when I started seeing signs, when I was around 3.5g of MC. I know @farside05 also runs a good amount of calmag.

And no offence, but when I say LED, I'm not talking about blurples.
LED is LED, my centers are white, green, blue, red, UV, and IR.
Far side is running a completely different experiment. If you’re not running DynaGro, I don’t recommend doing everything he does.
Just simply trying to help, as I JUST went through this last week. It WILL get worse. In my case, it progressed for another week/half.
The debate about calmag and MC will continue, but many have quashed the idea.

Why is it important to supplement cal/mag in coco?
Maybe @Chris Scorpio can school me some. Lol!

@AdaminCO from Why & How to Use CalMag in Coco - Cal Mag Deficiency - Coco For Cannabis

All cannabis fertilizers come with Calcium (Ca) and Magnesium (Mg). This leads some growers to wonder if Cal Mag supplement is really needed. However, when you are growing in coco you have to be aware that the coco itself requires a certain dose of calcium and magnesium. The cation exchange sites in coco will lock on to the Ca and Mg and render them unavailable to the plant. We must provide larger doses to ensure that there is some Ca and Mg available to the plant!

Buffering the cation exchange sites with calmag prior to use is critical. See our tutorials, “How to Prepare and Buffer Coco Coir” and “How to Reuse/Recycle Coco Coir”. However, even if you buffer the coco thoroughly, or use a pre-buffered coco product, such as Canna or Roots Organics, you should still add additional Cal Mag supplement to all irrigation water during the grow.

Far side is running a completely different experiment. If you’re not running DynaGro, I don’t recommend doing everything he does.

Just for the record, I haven't been using Dyna Gro for a year. My base nute is Mega Crop. With either Dyna or Mega I still supplement Cal-Mag and Silica in the same amounts.

Back
Top Bottom