Boveda Humidipak

Dry the bud first but I have read numerous places that once you let your cure reach 55 or 56% that your cure is basically done....(as in not good....) can anyone confirm this

Based on cigar humidor experience, the way to 'end' your cure is to let the essential oils dry out. At 55% RH this would probably take several months to 2 years to cause irreversable damage. In my opinion, 'well cured' and 'not good' are subjectiive. They are more criteria reflectiving personal preference than measurable, objective fact.

To answer more factually, I can neither confirm or deny that statement.
In my subjective experience, that does not seem to be true.

From my understanding of what I read is whatever process it goes through during cure to enhance flavor smell strenth etc etc that process stops once it goes below that rh and theirs no way to reverse that. That was my understanding of it but you might interpret it differently. And if you do I would love to hear your interpretation

Based on cigar humidor experience, the way to 'end' your cure is to let the essential oils dry out. At 55% RH this would probably take several months to 2 years to cause irreversable damage. In my opinion, 'well cured' and 'not good' are subjectiive. They are more criteria reflectiving personal preference than measurable, objective fact.

To answer more factually, I can neither confirm or deny that statement.
In my subjective experience, that does not seem to be true.
When I say not good I do not mean the buds arent good. I mean its not good to let it hit that rh point because once it does the curing process stops and it just stays more of a preservation process from that point on
SUPPOSEDLY
I have never tried this as an experiment nor do I personally know anyone who tried this either. I guess it could be wrong or could be right depending on if the scientist who posted the article were legit respectable scientist/researchers in their field

From my understanding of what I read is whatever process it goes through during cure to enhance flavor smell strenth etc etc that process stops once it goes below that rh and theirs no way to reverse that. That was my understanding of it but you might interpret it differently. And if you do I would love to hear your interpretation

When I say not good I do not mean the buds arent good. I mean its not good to let it hit that rh point because once it does the curing process stops and it just stays more of a preservation process from that point on
SUPPOSEDLY
I have never tried this as an experiment nor do I personally know anyone who tried this either. I guess it could be wrong or could be right depending on if the scientist who posted the article were legit respectable scientist/researchers in their field

OK. I get what you are saying now. That makes sense.

I typically take 7-12 days to get to the 'stem crack' point while drying. I don't know whether that is above or below 55% RH. I tend to prefer those that dry at 10+ days. I don't notice a cure beyond that point.

On my 'White Widow' strain (former sponsor Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds), I preferred the times I stopped drying before the 'stem crack' and jarred with Boveda packs. The flavor was better on the longer dries, but the high was better on the shorter dry. The quality of high declined over time. I suspect the terpenoids that I most enjoyed were more 'delicate' than most and were lost with both the longer drying period and the longer cure/preservation time.

On the 6-7 other strains I've grown, I preferred the longer dry time.

I bought boveda 62's just because I want my humidity to stay 62-58 at the lowest for the longest amount of time possible while in the cure. Just because ive been told by numerous people that if the rh dont go below that then the chemical reaction of the cure will continue on longer. I will later compare them with future grows so I can determine what I feel is the best preference for me because honestly I dont know what my preference is yet. All I do know is I want to get the best buds for my time and effort....cross your fingers..lol

IVE JUST RECIEVED MY BOVEDA PACKS AND WOULD IT BE OK TO PUT MY BUDS IN A CARDBOARD BOX WITH PACK IN? THEY ARE BONE DRY,DENSE,AND HAY SMELLING. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR NICE SMELL TO APPEAR? THX BRO`S

If you've overdried your buds with to begin with before curing, adding a little moisture now... isn't going to do magic.

IVE JUST RECIEVED MY BOVEDA PACKS AND WOULD IT BE OK TO PUT MY BUDS IN A CARDBOARD BOX WITH PACK IN? THEY ARE BONE DRY,DENSE,AND HAY SMELLING. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR NICE SMELL TO APPEAR? THX BRO`S

Do you have any moist (love that word) flowers, branches or leaves? I prefer to Rehydrate flowers with these or fruit Peel, damp material... then use boveda packet, in an airtight Mason jar or the like......

Do you have any moist (love that word) flowers, branches or leaves? I prefer to Rehydrate flowers with these or fruit Peel, damp material... then use boveda packet, in an airtight Mason jar or the like......
no,all dry,this time over a longer period. they seem to be getting better. will boveda give me the nice smell/taste?

hey folks...when your bovida's dry up and get stiff, simply fill a bowl with water...flip a smaller bowl upside down in the water, and place pak on upturned bowl, above the water...put a lid on this and in 2 days the pak will be re-hydrated...hth

mojo
Best to use distilled is or filtered water to revive them... :)

have heard that boveda pack and boost pack effects terpene and essential oils in a negative way ?
I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on it. I haven't seen that info yet...

did a side by side (using/not) seemed that the one with NO packs had better flavor, ect with packs the buds were better preserved ? (if that's the word for) now I do not use if I was saving a jar for 1 year maybe
I thought I would try it on some of my buds.

Back
Top Bottom