Boveda Humidipak

I'm kinda confused, do you dry the bud first or go straight to the jar with these? If I hang my bud first, then stick it in a jar, and my hydrometer reads 62% is my bud ready to smoke?

Dry it first. The boveda pack is not capable of bringing it down from 90+
Dry it down to about 65-70 then jar with the pack works for me.

Your weed can be smoked whenever you want, but if you want optimum taste, smell, and potency then slow dry followed by a month or more of cure. To me curing is holding it at 62% and air tight, but some people can't stop opening it so they don't get the same cure as if it's air tight in my opinion.

I am using boveda 62% myself...but I dont get it...some ppl advice to opern jars every week to air out humidity even after bud has reached 60% and other ppl advice not to open jar at all when bud is down at 60% humidity....

Dry your buds first.
As long as they are dry you can put them in a jar with a 62 and NOT have to open (ie burp) it.
BUT
You must ensure the buds are dry for boveda does not do a good job takeing moisture out...
But excells at putting it back in.
I have done all those burping, bagging, freezer, stem bending, hydrometer types of cureing and for me boveda is the way for me.
Best cure ever....And i do my long term storage with 62s also
peace

Dry your buds first.
As long as they are dry you can put them in a jar with a 62 and NOT have to open (ie burp) it.
BUT
You must ensure the buds are dry for boveda does not do a good job takeing moisture out...
But excells at putting it back in.
I have done all those burping, bagging, freezer, stem bending, hydrometer types of cureing and for me boveda is the way for me.
Best cure ever....And i do my long term storage with 62s also
peace

I just cracked open a jar today that I haven't opened in over two years. The Boveda was still soft and plump and the herb smelled great!

:thumb:

If you have some dried paks, they can be used to pull moisture out of the buds. After you've used them awhile you can feel how thin or plump they are and replace if necessary. Have you ever weighed any of them? The plump ones can be 8 grams heavier than the dry ones! That's a quarter ounce! :thedoubletake::laugh:

And like you said, I've found a jar with a bad seal, totally dry, with a hard dry Boveda ... I swapped a couple nice fat ones in there, checked a few days later, and the buds were already soft and aromatic again. They're great! :slide:

Agree...Boveda is the way to go...especially for a noob like me :)

Amazone has 65 and 62 in different sizes, I would recommend the 60 gram packs. They are cheap and last a long time especially if you rehydrate them. Mold is expensive and tragic!

Have used Boveda 62% humidity packs for several years now. Have some buds over 2 years old, you can`t tell the difference from freshly cured bud. Some of my packs are 2 years old and still working well. I write the date on the pack when I first put `em jars. Love these humidity packs. The larger ones do seem to work better. Peace and great growin`.

Use them no matter what. They're insurance.

The gel in the packet won't allow the RH to vary from 62. The buds keep their terpenes, and they stay nice and soft and perfect for a pipe. If the seal on your jar is good, the buds will last "forever". (In cool dark storage.)

This morning I've been smoking herb that was harvested in March of 2015, two different strains, each with their buzz and aroma intact.

DSCN80311.JPG

Never used these packs before, but curious if they are okay and or good to use in ever jar during the cure no matter what or just when you need the rh adjusted?

I've been using them for a couple of years now; from cure to long term storage. They work great.

The only thing that you really need to do is make sure that your bud is on the dry side when you put them in for the cure. The Humidipaks are much better at adding moisture than removing it. Last time I bought a cVault it came with curing directions...and starting on the dry side was the recommendation.

Use them no matter what. They're insurance.

The gel in the packet won't allow the RH to vary from 62. The buds keep their terpenes, and they stay nice and soft and perfect for a pipe. If the seal on your jar is good, the buds will last "forever". (In cool dark storage.)

This morning I've been smoking herb that was harvested in March of 2015, two different strains, each with their buzz and aroma intact.

DSCN80311.JPG

LOVE your bud tray :circle-of-love:

p.s. Everything you said sounds right to me :)

I've been using the 8 gram packs in pint and a half wide mouth jars (just like the way they look) with anywhere from 20-28 grams of herb. Going on my third run with them and still going strong. I dry my stuff till the stems still have a little bend left(hopefully). I think my stuff tastes great and have been told the same. I cannot attest to the long term storage as I seem to smoke as much as I grow.:lot-o-toke:
Hoping to rectify that situation next...

Back
Top Bottom