Boveda packs

K.puff&stuff

Hi guys anyone using Boveda packs if so whats the best you find 69% percent 62% I would store my harvest in a few mason jars but would like to know the size of jars and what percent Boveda pack you using for best results. I hope you guys understand what I'm asking
Thanks

Ive got some boveda pa ks in a baggy but I dont know how long they are good for? Might sound silly but do they have a use by date?
They last 6 months once you break the original factory (exterior) package.

Ive got some boveda pa ks in a baggy but I dont know how long they are good for? Might sound silly but do they have a use by date?
Your Boveda packs are constantly evaporating, so when your pack dries up it's done. Also be careful not to recycle your packs from jar to jar as you run out of stock. The Boveda pack will definitely hold on to the Aromas of the previous Bud that it was being used for and transfer it over. For what it's worth, throw them out and start a new one.

They can definitely be dehydrated and are fully reusable. They last many years.
I put them in a ziplock along with a source of moisture like a damp towel or sponge or whatever. It takes a week or so and they’ll plump right up. If the pack is touching something wet the paper cover eventually degrades, so I keep it a bit separated.
I can’t say I’ve ever heard of or noticed them absorbing or transferring smells. Seems like it would be difficult for one to affect the aroma of something as smelly as a jar of herb.

You’ll be fine. I use the larger packs, mostly in one gallon jars. I have more jars than packs, and constantly juggle them around between jars when new harvests come in. If a jar seals well and it’s been sitting there with a boveda pack in it for a while, it should be at 62% and the pack can be taken out and used elsewhere. You can always return it later if you want or if you think the Rh in the jar has changed.
If your weed is dried to around 62% before you jar it, the pack will have very little work to do. If you stick one 8g pack in a gallon jar of crispy herb, it may not be big enough for the job.
The smaller packs will presumably take longer to do their work in a large jar.
Re-reading, I guess you hardly need to be a genius to figure this out on you own. Not sure why I even typed this...;).
GL

You know what Weasel, you have filled me in on a couple of things that I didn't know about Boveda packs. I was always under the impression that they transferred smell, so I stand corrected there on my previous information given. Also did not know that once they became crystallized you could reuse them..... Great information brother.

Back
Top Bottom