Box Lighting

GGbudman

Good afternoon everyone!

I have a place where I intend to build a grow box. This will be a very small area as I have never done this before :).

The dimensions of the area are 36"deep x 30"wide x 48"-60"tall. The height will be determined once I start building. I plan on using CFLs, but I have no idea how many I will need for optimum growth. Any suggestions?

Thanks

~

Good afternoon everyone!

I have a place where I intend to build a grow box. This will be a very small area as I have never done this before :).

The dimensions of the area are 36"deep x 30"wide x 48"-60"tall. The height will be determined once I start building. I plan on using CFLs, but I have no idea how many I will need for optimum growth. Any suggestions?

Thanks

~

As far as lighting is concerned, I have a 250w HID in mine that is about the same size as yours. Ventilation is key with this and I almost think I'd be better off with CFL's.

Optimally you need about 4000 to 5000 lumens per square foot of grow space. The prevailing wisdom is that HID is the best but even though that's what I'm using, I'm not convinced of that. Many, many successful grows here use CFL's.

Search "The CFL "12-Pack" Grow Light How-To" for an outstanding diy light fixture with TONS of flexibility on wattage. I've designed something similar out of $20 bathroom fixtures that works great too. Costs like $60 with the lights installed. (maybe $80)

But that said, get around to the grow journals. Lots of info here and a great group of folks ready to help at a moments notice.

Best board on the net..by far.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom