BPN & JDL Multi Strain Soil Tent Grow

re: BPN & JDL Multi Strain Soil Tent Grow

I'd have to agree with dasher. Plus, just look for white dots on leaves on the bottom leaves it starts usually. Those are from mites, prob your biggest concern. And ya you have some fine tuning but everything looks great, just need to spend some time trying to diff shit to see what they like the best. Good luck with everything, once you get the hempy figured out i'm sure you will love them as i have.

Thanks for the advice and no offense taken at all, could use help where ever i can get it. I agree they have been stunted from over watering.

So when you say 3 day watering schedule you basicly mean water them every other day?

the res in the hempy buckets holds about 1 liter of water and maximum capacity, maybe i should only water with say .5 liter's every other day. I think ill try that out after the plant uses up the water from this go, because i plan on switching the lights soon. I may have to take some clones, if i do that then i will wait longer to flip the lights.

Thanks for checking up pce!
No worries, thanks! So, just water every three or four days until you get the feel for when they need water. Pick up the bucket once you give a full water then pick it up again in three days and feel the weight difference. It should be fairly lighht before watering again BUT just before they start to droop from being dry which is different than the droop with over-watering. As far as bugs..... I don't see any damage on your plants. Just keep what you're doing except water less ;-) You'll notice that they really shoot up during the times that the soil is dry. Peace bro.

Day 32 (week 5)
Lights 18/6
BPN Blue Max Crazy Growth
Temps
DSCF29081.JPG

Group shot

DSCF2899.JPG

Nice long node on plant #1

DSCF2901.JPG

Weird discoloration and Cracking? of leaves. NOt really sure how this is happening but it looks like the leaf is chewed but has yellow discoloring around that part maybe its dude to fast growth and low humidity so the leave is literally out growing itself?

DSCF2905.JPG

Tips burnt on lower leaves?

DSCF2903.JPG
DSCF29021.JPG
DSCF2906.JPG

the new node growth is very light green, is it just the plant growing faster than it can generate chlorophyll?
DSCF29071.JPG

Twisted leaves?

DSCF2904.JPG

Not sure if that stuff is a real problem but its still bother some, any ideas? and yes i cut back the watering already

Heres the clone i took a few days ago, Still looks healthy i hope it starts building a root system soon, i might need a heat mat because its just sitting in the tent under a humidity dome but my tent temps aren't getting over 85*F.

DSCF2900.JPG

Peace!

You might have mg or phosphorus deficiency if you get light green and leaves start twisting. For mg deficiency I just put a teaspoon of Epsom salts in spray bottle and spray twice a day when I spot burning of leaves or light coloured green leaves. Have you been using calmag with nutes. If it gets bad and purple stems I add some Epsom salts to nutes which turned my plants around. This defiency is common in perlite as I discovered..

I agree with tribal about the Mg, not to sure about the munching looking thing on some of those leaves. I would check the pH of the run off. And just use some epsom/cal mag on your next watering. As for the light green at the new growth tips, i have noticed that my plants do that after i get things dialed in, i think your right about growing to fast for itself ;) good job! Over all i would say your GIRLS are looking good and they are doing better then my first hempies ever did lol, hell i never checked ph, or anything lol... I do now of course, pH problems have killed a few of my plants and now i check it everytime.

Thatoneguy

Day 32 of Veg
Lights 18/6

Temps

DSCF2912.JPG

Res. pH/TDS/Temp

DSCF2911.JPG

Cut a few clones off each plant, dipped them in rooting powder and then into the aerocloner with a small amount of cal/mag.

DSCF2909.JPG

here are the ladies after there hair cut

DSCF2910.JPG

I made up a new batch of BPN Crazy Growth and watered all plants with .5 liters of nutrient water.

Been spraying the tops of the plants with water to keep the humidity up.

Later guys thanks for checkin in!

Looks like you have sorted out your problems :)

Very impressive set-up there.

I can't offer much advice, as I have only just read up on the Hempy method.

I use soilmix from the hydroshop with 2 gal. root-pruning pots.

ShowImage.jpg

Roots need lots of oxygen.

I water using 2L (1/2 Gal.) water bottles.

I leave a space at the top and shake vigorously, to mix air into the water.

A bubbler in a bucket would do the same thing, I guess.

Anyway, Great stuff. :thumb:

Hey man thanks for the kind words in my journal. I am still learning just passionate is all. I retain information that I like and leave the rest. Your garden looks good and green as well mate. subbed up from here on. I dont have a whole lot of time but love getting on to learn new techniques and such. cheers mate and reps

Day 38 of Veg

So after alot of thinking i decided to go back to soil, I dont have the resources or money to take on hydro right now, buying gallons of R/o water at the store, checkin ph levels, flushing, etc etc wow i just didnt relize how involved hydro was.

So i picked up some smart pots, grow bags, and a bag of happy frog soil at the hydro shop, the guy there is super cool gave me a trial pack of GH Flora series!

I flushed all the plants while they were still in the hempy container. Then i filled up my smart pots with soil.

Then i cut the bottoms off of my hempy containers so that the roots were exposed (alot of the roots had a brownish color to them, pretty sure thats root rot, or at least the beginning signs of it, that was one thing that i noticed was going wrong in the hempy container.

I cut off what roots looked pretty bad and then buried the roots in the soil and back filled the whole plant with soil. I did that to all 4 plants.

I watered them all with about 1L of r/o water each.

DSCF29282.JPG
DSCF2926.JPG

The clones look good, a little wilted but not dying or leaf discoloration. No roots yet though. The water temp inside the areocloner is about 82*F which should be optimal for root stimulation.

DSCF29271.JPG

I intended on cutting some more clones as soon as the babies take to their new homes.

Temps Humidity Gauge

DSCF29291.JPG

I think going back to soil was good idea mate especially with that root rot :phew:they'll be much happier after a couple of days, must say their looking really nice and bushy plenty of cuttings soon. sorry your hempy didn't work out this time but as you say a lot less work, worry and money.

Keep it green bro be back to check how they've handled the transplant.

I'm currently setting aside money for a RO filter. Store bought is expensive! I've been using a mix of store and tap water that has been sitting out for two days.

I'm currently setting aside money for a RO filter. Store bought is expensive! I've been using a mix of store and tap water that has been sitting out for two days.

im goin to get an r/o system at some point, ive been eyeing a portable one (on eBay) that comes with an attachment to hook up to a faucet or garden hose, then use a reservoir with a sub pump in it and attache the r/o system to the sub pump.

I think the problem with my water is its "too hard" because its at 440ppm right out of the tap, i dont think letting it sit out will get rid of dissolved solids in the water so i def need to use store bought, or get myself an r/o system soon.

Hopefully i will be using less water now though due to my switch to soil.

I forgot to mention that while i had all the plants out of the tent i vacummed, then washed all the walls, lights, fans , everything inside the tent down with a hot water/ hydrogen peroxide/ 91% iso/ dish soap solution.

I then got out the trusty home defense max spray and sprayed all around the tent, inside the tent, around the window sill, where the wall meets the floor, near the electrical outlets, any where i think critters can be getting in.

I intend on foilar spraying all the plants with azamax pesticide once or twice a week for a few weeks to see if i notice any less "chomping" in my leaves. I am noticing it more and more and i am almost certain ive seen a few tiny flying pest around the tent. So i want to start foilar spraying just to make sure.

Should be cutting some more clones soon will keep it updated.

I have been thinking about going back to soil as well. My job might be changing requiring me to have to travel, and that means the wife will have to care for the garden sooo you know, its easier for her to just dump some tap in the plants and call it good lol.

And for lests, get yourself a no pest strip! A little harsh but works wonders!

Back
Top Bottom