BPN & JDL Multi Strain Soil Tent Grow

ilikebike

What strain is it? 3 Blue Cheese, 1 White Rhino, all bagseed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? been in veg for 26 days, will go 9 more days.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoors
Soil or Hydro? Hydro (Hempy/Soil-less)
what is in your mix? 75% Perlite/25% Vermiculite
What size Containers? 3 Liters
Size of light? 1000w JD Lighting Ballast, Dimmed to 50%)
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 78-88*F
RH of Room/cab? 25-50%
PH of media or res? 5.5-6.1 pH
Any Pests ? Not Yet
How often are you watering? When Needed
Type and strength of ferts used? BPN Blue Max and SNS Veg A Supplement.

Temp/Humidity Gauge
DSCF2868.JPG

Res 24/7 pH/PPM/Temp monitor
DSCF2867.JPG

Group Shot
DSCF2866.JPG

White Rhino
DSCF2865.JPG

Blue Cheese

Plant #1
DSCF2864.JPG

Plant #2
DSCF2863.JPG

Plant #3
DSCF2862.JPG

re: BPN & JDL Multi Strain Soil Tent Grow

Pretty good start man, i'm subbed.

Thank you sir, welcome to the show :)

Good start bro! I'm curious to know what equipment you're using for this grow.

Thank you sir.

tent is a 4x2x4,

using a MTN Gearsmith 440CFM 6'' Inline fan connected to speed controller and thermostat.

Bulb is Plant Maxx and reflector/cool tube is from HTG Supply

Control Wizard Products 24/7 Res Monitor

Oakton Hand held pH meter

1000w JDL Ballast (Dimmed to 50%)

BPN Blue Max plus SNS for nutrients

Hawani punch bottles as containers

Perlite and vermiculite as a grow medium

10,000BTU portable A/c (outside of tent)

Sunbeam Digital Humidifier

Small Desk Fan

aquarium air pump with air stone (in one of the hempy containers)

I have some weird black spotting on one of the leaves on the White Rhino plant. Its not mold, i tryed to rub it off with my finger and some water, and its not all the way through the leaf, its only on the top surface of the leaf, not on the under side, so far i really only notice it on this leaf, but i did notice the same leaf on the opposite side is starting to get a tiny tiny little black spot on the edge of the leaf, similar to this one, any one have any ideas?

DSCF28691.JPG
DSCF2870.JPG
DSCF2871.JPG

And heres a group shot, and temp/rh%

DSCF2872.JPG
DSCF2873.JPG

peace out for now

So these 2 leaves on the White Rhino plant are really bugging me, and yes i know im being impatient but i didnt get any feed back on them, and it looks like its spreading. I know its early to be doing so but i chopped both the leaves right off. I also flushed the plant out with 2 gal of pH'd water. Going to fill it back up with 1/2 strength BPN water.

DSCF28761.JPG
DSCF2875.JPG
DSCF2874.JPG

Hi buddy the color of your plants look pretty good to me other than the spotting, maybe its just a burn from splashed fert when watering and ive seen that sort of spotting from water droplets left on the leaves magnifying the light and also burning them. Hope its only something simple like that mate, great job on your grow so far :goodjob: subd

Day 30 of Veg

18/6 Light Schedule

Temp / Humidity
72*F - 81*F / 30% - 46%

DSCF28881.JPG

Nutrients | ml/gal

BPN BlueMax A | 12
BPN BlueMax B | 12
BPN Cal/Mag | 09
SNS Veg A Org. Supp. | 27
SuperThrive | 01
Hygrozyme | 09

DSCF28891.JPG

I broke a branch when i was super cropping, so i cut the stem clean with scissors, dipped it in water , then in Green Light (Lowes) rooting hormone powder, and then into a soaked jiffy pod, into the humidity tray/dome. Misting at least twice a day, it seems to be staying alive, i believe i took the clone 2 days ago

DSCF28901.JPG

I Flushed all the plants last night with R/o and 5.8 pH'd water. I left the water in the res for 24hrs to let the roots soak up some of the plain water. Heres a pic right after i refilled the res with the new nutrient water i made tonight.

DSCF2887.JPG

Things are looking ok as of now, money is starting to get tight on my end, i just recently had to start paying more rent. I was planning on getting portable R/o system but ill have to hold off and keep buying gallons at the store for now.

Gonna Flip the lights to 12/12 once this nutrient water is finished up. Then i will start the next phase of the BPN nutrient application guide which i believe is transition.

Peace for now guys!:peace:

Looking good brother! I would veg em a bit longer get emm biig and booshy and then turn that 1000 watter to full blast :)

Happy tokin
Thatoneguy

Thanks man, im kinda on a budget right now so i gotta keep the ballast at 50%. and the veg time short. Wish i could go full blast though and long veg times, i like monsters! but i gotta keep this grow on a budget, Also Going to keep the veg time to 5-6 weeks to follow along with The BPN 2 part application guide

Thank you so much for stopping by!

I understand the budget, i hate having a budget, i grew with cfls in a cab for a long time lol. And if your still havibg trouble with your leaf tips/rust spots i had the same issue, i would look at cutting out the vermiculite that shit wrecked my 7 out of ten babies from 110 dollar seeds :'(. Go straight perlite, you have to water a little more often but it has worjed great with keeping my medoums ph in check with exactly what ph o put in. Just my 2 cents

Thatoneguy.

I understand the budget, i hate having a budget, i grew with cfls in a cab for a long time lol. And if your still havibg trouble with your leaf tips/rust spots i had the same issue, i would look at cutting out the vermiculite that shit wrecked my 7 out of ten babies from 110 dollar seeds :'(. Go straight perlite, you have to water a little more often but it has worjed great with keeping my medoums ph in check with exactly what ph o put in. Just my 2 cents

Thatoneguy.

Yes i noticed the vermiculite mostly gets washed out when i empty the res. Honestly i watch my plants so closely and water them so often i wish i had gone with just perlite, but you live and your learn, ill have to keep rocking it for this grow at least, thanks for chiming in and stopping by!

Yes i noticed the vermiculite mostly gets washed out when i empty the res. Honestly i watch my plants so closely and water them so often i wish i had gone with just perlite, but you live and your learn, ill have to keep rocking it for this grow at least, thanks for chiming in and stopping by!

Hey Ilikebike, not a bad start. IMO, Your plants look stunted due to over-watering . Over-watered plants look droopy and the leaves have a lot more texture to them. I'd let them dry out a bit and try a 3 day watering schedule to see how it goes. Also, I grew in straight perlite and the plants do not get very big at all. I found the perlite does not hold moisture long enough for the roots to stay moist. A better solution, if you care to try, is to use a 60% perlite and 40% peat moss to hold some nutrients for you. Just my advice from experience, I hope you don't take offense bro :)

Hey Ilikebike, not a bad start. IMO, Your plants look stunted due to over-watering . Over-watered plants look droopy and the leaves have a lot more texture to them. I'd let them dry out a bit and try a 3 day watering schedule to see how it goes. Also, I grew in straight perlite and the plants do not get very big at all. I found the perlite does not hold moisture long enough for the roots to stay moist. A better solution, if you care to try, is to use a 60% perlite and 40% peat moss to hold some nutrients for you. Just my advice from experience, I hope you don't take offense bro :)

Thanks for the advice and no offense taken at all, could use help where ever i can get it. I agree they have been stunted from over watering.

So when you say 3 day watering schedule you basicly mean water them every other day?

the res in the hempy buckets holds about 1 liter of water and maximum capacity, maybe i should only water with say .5 liter's every other day. I think ill try that out after the plant uses up the water from this go, because i plan on switching the lights soon. I may have to take some clones, if i do that then i will wait longer to flip the lights.

Thanks for checking up pce!

Honestly bro what i've found in hempy (same mix as you) is that with the verm you won't have to water in veg for atleast 2 days, especially since you're growing in big bottles too. Idk if those leaves are the cause of it, i've seen that in some of my soil girls which def weren't being over watered. Could be a ph problem but i'm using gh flora and my new round now that i have the watering down look perfect so idk about that either. Are you positive no pests? Sort of looks like what mite leaves look like when they start to die if there's not alot of them. Hope you figure it out bro i like your set up.

Honestly bro what i've found in hempy (same mix as you) is that with the verm you won't have to water in veg for atleast 2 days, especially since you're growing in big bottles too. Idk if those leaves are the cause of it, i've seen that in some of my soil girls which def weren't being over watered. Could be a ph problem but i'm using gh flora and my new round now that i have the watering down look perfect so idk about that either. Are you positive no pests? Sort of looks like what mite leaves look like when they start to die if there's not alot of them. Hope you figure it out bro i like your set up.

well i thought the point of the hempy bucket was to have a res at the bottom so it was sorta like DWC, there fore it would need water in it at all times.

I think i messed up when i made my containers i ment to do regular hempy but i did a DWC hempy instead. I used the top part of the bottle i cut off as a basket inside of the container so that the bottle cap is just barley submurged in water, and it wicks up water from the res to the roots that way.

As for pest, i did see a few moths in there at differnt times but exterminated them on sight. should i get some pesticide from SNS and spray just incase any ways?

Hey bike check out this thread.

Plant Abuse Chart

Its great for figuring out what's going on with the different discolorations in your plant.
Check it out hope it helps.

hey thanks for checkin up man, ive skimmed through that article a few times. Its alot of info to take in at once. As for the slight discoloration that i was seeing on the few leaves of the white rhino plant, i cut them right off. I know its not really good to be cutting off fan leaves this early but they were the only leaves affected and i just wanted them to be done with, i since gave them a flush and watered them with nutrients so it should correct the problem.

Right now i think my main goal is to find a watering schedule that will work with my type of container/grow style that will keep the roots moist/saturated but not over saturated and cause root rot.

From what i can see through the drainage holes the roots look really good for the most part, some of them are slight brown but i think its from hitting the oxygen.
but for the most part they look like nice white fish bones, need to flip the lights soon so i dont run out of container space.

again thanks for stoppin by and for posting the link , very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom