Brah's 5 Gallon Hempy, Melon Fizz, Mars Hydro TSW 2000, Grow Journal

Is this the Micro?
1812BD9A-5C1B-455C-8EA3-1F356809676B.jpeg

If so (I can’t find another), it barely works with 11ml/gal Sensibloom, 2.5ml/gal Micro, and 5ml/gal Calimagic, which provides:

99ppm N (target)
58 P (not too happy about this much)
224 K (too much here too)
98 Ca (a bit above target)
25 Mg (a bit below target)
2 Fe (okay)

This will probably be okay for now, but scaling up to 150ppm for late veg and flowering with these components is going to be difficult - for 154 N, you get 106 P and 407 K!

:yummy:

I've got to tell you Braddah , this is the most enjoyable journal I have read to date :peace:
Anita was banging there for awhile...I am sure you will get her back to where she needs to be!
So glad I found your journal thank you :)
Many thanks for your kind words. There are some awesome journals on here so that means a lot!

Im not used to messing up this bad, and on a public forum no less! 20 years outa the indoor game and things get rusty I guess. We'll get her back on track before too long.

Looks like you grow some monsters!

Daily Update Tile - Copy.png

daily conditions - Copy.png

vpd1 - Copy.png

anita top - Copy.png

Anita Side - Copy.png

honey - Copy.png

Tashi Delek :p!

It's too early to say for sure, but I'm guessing that FelipeBlus voodoo juice recipe is working its unholy magics on Anita. Her new growth has good color and she is looking perkier than ever leaves up praying to the Buddha. We're backing off on fertigations and letting the girls empty the res in between. The thinking is that we were ferting 2x a day to assist the long initial root stretch into the res, now we can kick back a bit and let the girls sip at their leisure.

I was inspired to brush up on some basic chemistry equations and environmental science, and am thinking about creating a kind of 'hempy for dummies' poster with ppm equations, vpd chart, feeding targets, etc. that can be laminated and hung in the tent. That way we can write on it with dry erase markers and have a reusable easy reference. I've been high for 40 years, it's getting tougher to keep track of everything in my head :volcano-smiley:.

Keep it classy 420.

I was inspired to brush up on some basic chemistry equations and environmental science, and am thinking about creating a kind of 'hempy for dummies' poster with ppm equations, vpd chart, feeding targets, etc. that can be laminated and hung in the tent. That way we can write on it with dry erase markers and have a reusable easy reference.
Do it!

:thumb:

we were ferting 2x a day to assist the long initial root stretch into the res,
I’ve decided that this increased frequency isn’t really necessary. With the reservoir serving as groundwater and the perlite wicking moisture upwards, the roots will naturally find their way.

The only reason to fertigate more often than the plant is emptying the reservoir is if you want to flush out old solution and introduce fresh air to the roots (if your plant is taking more than 4 days to drink the reservoir, you probably should up-pot later - when it’s requiring daily fertigation - into a smaller container next time). Unless it’s an Auto, there’s really no downside to up-potting more often.

I was inspired to brush up on some basic chemistry equations and environmental science, and am thinking about creating a kind of 'hempy for dummies' poster with ppm equations, vpd chart, feeding targets, etc.
This would be a great summary post to the Headquarters too.
:surf:

I’ve decided that this increased frequency isn’t really necessary. With the reservoir serving as groundwater and the perlite wicking moisture upwards, the roots will naturally find their way.

The only reason to fertigate more often than the plant is emptying the reservoir is if you want to flush out old solution and introduce fresh air to the roots (if your plant is taking more than 4 days to drink the reservoir, you probably should up-pot later - when it’s requiring daily fertigation - into a smaller container next time). Unless it’s an Auto, there’s really no downside to up-potting more often.
I think it's only necessary when starting in a tall container, with the extra time it takes the roots to reach the res. The 2x waterings haven't been necessary for honey as her tap root hit the res by the time she had her first leaf set.

Anita's initial growth did noticably speed up once we began the 2x watering.

Ah yes, container height matters. When you up-pot, the lowest roots should be no more than a couple of inches above the reservoir.
An older plant going into bloom can go into a pot with more height to the reservoir - like 3 to 4”. It will likely be rootbound and needing daily fertigation by mid-bloom.

vpd1 - Copy.png

anita top - Copy.png

Anita side - Copy.png

honey - Copy.png

Salute plurimam dicit. Si vales, bene est, ego valeo.

Behind schedule, but back on track. This grow is powered by the sun and wind so hopefully the emperor won't be too upset about our slow start feeding kerfuffle. Anita got a minor surgery, removing the worst of the deficiency damage. We want her 100% focused on new growth, and to remove any stick/dead plant matter that would look like an easy target to any bugs that may find their way into the tent. She will start getting haircuts in the next week or so.

Honey is looking lovely. We spent the day reading Marcus Aurelius in stoic reflection. Perhaps we'll attend a bacchanalia tonight to celebrate the turnaround.

Daily Update Tile-01 - Copy.png

vpd1 - Copy.png

anita top - Copy.png

honey - Copy.png

sideview - Copy.png

Zdravstvuyte 420 comrades.

It's been a minute since we last gathered in the palatka. I had to take the long journey out of the bamboo forest to trade for supplies. So far we scored some AN B52 and Calmag eXtra, as well as a fancy Apera PH/EC/PPM test pen and a set of ml pipettes to make preparing solutions easier. We've been promised some AN sensi grow AB, Bloom, Micro, Tarantula, Voodoo juice, and carboload in exchange for a goat and a bottle of vodka. Hopefully we can deliver the goat safely sometime next week.

The girls are growing up fast now. Honey got transplanted into a 4"x7" zip tie container. The procedure went smoothly, we floated the perlite then gently transferred her into her new home. We want her roots to be an equal length as Anita's when they get transplanted into their final 5 gallon buckets.

Anita got topped at the 5th or 6th node and is starting to bush out nicely. I'm really enjoying her leaf structure, and think I will venture out into the wilds next week to forage some wild honey in case we decide to take clones. We will keep topping to bush her out and keep the height down while Honey catches up to her big sister.

Keep it classy 420maggers.

vpd1 - Copy.png

anita top - Copy.png

honey top - Copy.png

side - Copy.png

HOW HOPS IT?

Anita is practically doing keg stands with the res. She is drinking and growing fast now. We're topping her all of her branches as soon as they reach beyond the canopy. This will keep her low while Honey catches up and give us lots of branches to weave into the scrog.

Honey found the res of her new deep container and is doing her best to catch up. She's been a pale lime green her whole life, but seems to be greening up more now that she's all stretched out and eating well.

We swapped the hydroguard for voodoo juice and will be adding tarantula as well to the next cycle. We are currently going through 1 gallon of solution every 4 days or so.

Stay safe out there chaps!

vpd1 - Copy.png

Anita5gal-pretransplant - Copy.png

AnitaRoots - Copy.png

AnitaTop - Copy.png
AnitaSide - Copy.png

HoneyTop - Copy.png

HoneySide - Copy.png

BREAKER, BREAKER: ATTENTION 420 MAGGERS:

Anita is really starting to stretch out and grow fast so we decided it's time for the transplant to her final 5 Gallon home. She's in a Fiji water bottle, so we took another one, cut off the top and bottom, and put a slit all the way down the side and then buried it in the perlite to hold open space for Anita's roots.

Then we carefully cut the bottle Anita has been living in off. After admiring her root structure a bit, we slid the root mass into her new pot, then pulled out the Fiji bottle that was saving her space. Once she was nicely seated in her new home she got 1 and a half gallons of solution to moisten the perlite and fill her new res.

We're hoping the transplant will slow her down for a few days while she stretches into the new res so Honey can catch up. Both girls are looking very healthy and happy, Anita is the smelliest plant in veg I've experienced in a long time. We added Tarantula to the feed cycle this time. Voodoo and Tarantula are just beneficial bacteria.

That's all for now folks. Stay classy 420. Over and out.

Back
Top Bottom