Brainstorming for new 8'x12' build

I think he was just using the 24k btu ac as a reference as to why my freezer method wouldn't work... I was talking about air to water then back to air so you didn't lose the 25% cooling power...this starting to sound more complicated I thought...if I positioned the shed to where its always in the shade could I use a smaller btu ac?

do you plan on using the whole shed to grow or just part?you only need to heat and cool what you plan to use.make sure the remainder of the shed is vented properly to keep temp close to what is outside.wall or eve vents can be functional,open during summer, closed during winter.draw fresh air from under shed,fillterd of course,exaust out top of grow area.if shed is vented properly exhaust will be despersed evenly.exhaust can be used to help heat during winter.exhaust out during summer.:peace:

Just part of it around 5x5 for flower and I have a 2x4x5 veg tent which and add a couple feet to move around so I'm thinking around 6x10...with a 1k for flower and 400 mh for veg and keeping mothers...how is your shed insulated?

Ok so with everyone's help I decided to change my plan I'll go ahead and build the shed 10x12 instead of 8x12 ( I need it to actually have storage space too lol) with the 5/8 ply and standard 3.5" insulation but I'll build another room inside the shed that's 6x10 and use 5/8 ply with standard insulation also but on the interior walls I'll add 1" insulation board and also add the insulation board to the ceiling. And use an 8,000 btu ac to cool it...If I need bigger when I install the second 1kw I'll just switch it with the 12,000 btu I have in the house...that sounds like it should be enough to cool it....And as of right now my reckoning is to duct both lights together with a Y and have a 6" inline fan pullling through carbon filters then the hoods and exhausting out into the rest of the shed with a carbon filter on the exhaust end also just to be safe but that doesnt leave anywhere for fresh air to come in and it's not going to work for co2

To use it with co2 i would have to make the air cooled hoods their own closed ventilation so maybe take fresh air in from under the shed on one end and exhaust it through the floor on the other end with an angled vent like a dryer vent to blow it away from the shed so it wouldn't effect intake...and just use the ac to cool the room but wouldnt the ac suck out the co2 as well? I would think so...then I would have to some how just run the ac in the shed and duct it into the grow room and let it pull air from the unused space in the shed to cool then send it to the grow room so the grow room wouldnt have any kind of exhaust and the hoods would have their own closed system and the ac couldnt pull out co2

Hey 5,I don't think it would be wise to insulate the whole shed unless you intend on heating and cooling the whole shed.By insulating the shed you will probably cause temperatures to being even more extreme.Best to only insulate your control area and vent the rest of the shed to keep temperature close to whats out side.

I use a 400w.During winter the heat from it keeps control at around 75 and thats with drawing cold air from outside.Fall,Winter and Spring are best.During warmer parts of year you must use ac.The more light more heat to deal with.

After a lengthy time of weighing pro's and con's and everyone's advice here...thanks to everyone btw...I've decided to not use it as a grow as I'm just too scared something could go wrong and the neighbor finding out I decided to just make my second bedroom my permanent grow and will be upgrading it acordingly...I will be using the 1/2" insulation boards over my regular walls then panda film everything and use muffler boxes for my inlines and insulated ducting and make a wall between the wall with the door in it and the grow area so I can seal it off for co2... Will be using AC and venting hoods under the house with their own seperate intake so it doesn't take out co2... And will have a fan dedicated to scrubbing the air in the grow room and keep the co2 moving around the plants...

After a lengthy time of weighing pro's and con's and everyone's advice here...thanks to everyone btw...I've decided to not use it as a grow as I'm just too scared something could go wrong and the neighbor finding out I decided to just make my second bedroom my permanent grow and will be upgrading it acordingly...I will be using the 1/2" insulation boards over my regular walls then panda film everything and use muffler boxes for my inlines and insulated ducting and make a wall between the wall with the door in it and the grow area so I can seal it off for co2... Will be using AC and venting hoods under the house with their own seperate intake so it doesn't take out co2... And will have a fan dedicated to scrubbing the air in the grow room and keep the co2 moving around the plants...

hehehe, Good idea! Spare bedrooms make better grow rooms anyway.

Started my new build 2day in the 2nd bedroom wow its a motherf%$&er doing this by yourself...i have ZERO help....but I got the frame up and braced now I have to finish it 100% with the the rest of the studs to hold the insulated sheathing for the walls then panda everything and caulk and tape the seams then make my ac system...i have like 14" insulated duct I think....idk really but it looks bigger then 12"...im using it to exhaust the heat from my window ac unit and make it a standalone unit like a portable ac and separate the exhausts intake to cool the coils in the back and the actual intake that recirculates over the heat exchange so it won't suck out my co2 also go 6" insulated duct for my hoods...the goal is quiet as a mouse...the insulated sheathing is 1" foam...ill be pulling air thru my hoods from outside and exhausting under the house...also made boxes out of 7/8" plywood and dynomat material to deaden the noise of the fan I pray this works like it should...well I'm beat so it's lights out over here I'll be back at it asap in the morning....

Well I'm no carpenter and its really not a load bearing frame it only has to hold up 1" foam sheeting and panda film and my xxxl reflector that's 2'Wx3'L its really simple but I ran into so many problems having to do it by myself its just getting slapped 2gether kinda and its a real mess in there lol I tore the frame of the built in wardrobe out and you can see the 70's style carpet underneath lol I was like woah blast from the past also I'm having to work around vegging plants and my flowering tent so I try to get one wall done then move everything...its not ideal by any means but its all I can do for right now I'll post some pics from my phone in a few once I clean up some

Back
Top Bottom