Branch broke: tape up or cut off? Help!

LBxx

so my spouse messaged me this morning while I was at work, apparently this happened.
20200809_082608.jpg

20200809_083609.jpg

They are just starting to go into flower/getting the white hairs. At this point I don't know if taping/fixing when I get home would be better than cutting off. Would taping up/fixing take away energy going into bud affecting yield?

Thoughts and input welcome!
Thanks in advance.

it will heal just fine if you fix it now,, growth will not be affected at all. get it together and tape it up,, and perhaps remember to remove the tape in a cpl weeks if you can.

karma sent friend,, cheers

From what i see there should be enough stem left to have fluid flow.

Amazing, thanks for all your input! I'm at work so my responses for now are limited. So also a thank you to everyone who took the time to reply.

Basically I'm going to try and fix as best as I can once I get home, stopping at home depot on the way.

I'll keep an eye on it, if it's good after a week or two I'll leave it, and not worry about yield. If it doesn't take.. *sobs* I guess I will lob it off. Lol.

Taping a branch that large with fibrous growth will not respond to taping

hmm, respond to taping?? what is to respond??

the tape holds it together, it does not cure the problem. twine perhaps??

more karma friend,,

Hmm... You could start another plant, chop the branch completely off and take some clones from her nothing lost more to gain that way, Instead of going threw the trouble of healing it, plus cloning it gives you more to play with and harvest in the end. :)

You will know today if you can save it.If it is not wilted when you return home your fine.:goodluck:

I can't tell if it looks a bit wilted or just a stressed from the split and laying on the ground for at least 8 hours (or over night). I have a make shift fix right now, and hubs is making me some custom 5 foot stakes to start adding more support for everyone. But here is how she looks propped up and taped.
20200809_161556.jpg

20200809_161603.jpg

20200809_161511.jpg

Back
Top Bottom