Branches turning brown and dying

DOC152

420 Member
outside grow
0B7D4EC1-3E4D-4519-8D67-C6A4AE65C4CF.jpeg
5D5755C2-76F9-41B2-8B8E-19F80AF26CE2.jpeg

Bugs (or caterpillars), eating bits off the plants and spreading illnesses.

Some kind of pathogen. Or mold.

Maybe cold air, but I'd expect the damage to be less selective.

I'd also expect more damage if it was nutrient- or pH-related. In other words, on all new growth, on old growth starting at the bottom and progressing upwards, or just the entire plant in general.

If those were mine, I'd be out there with a good magnifying glass, checking all parts of the plants (they move on from dead areas once they've eaten all the useful stuff), checking both sides of all leaves/etc. I'd also bag the dead portions while they're still on the plants (so my actions didn't spread anything) and then cut them off and dispose of them. And probably hose the <BLEEP> out of the plants afterwards, early in the morning so they'd have plenty of time to dry out afterwards.

Could be something has been making a meal of the root systems. I suppose if the damage quickly gets worse and becomes the entire plant, then that'd be a likely possibility.

All of the above is "IMHO," of course. I'm no professional botanist, lol; have just grown a plant or two before. If cannabis is a legal crop in your location, then I suggest bagging/cutting off some of the damaged area and taking it to your local agricultural extension office and asking them - they are professionals, and that's what they're there for.

Bugs (or caterpillars), eating bits off the plants and spreading illnesses.

Some kind of pathogen. Or mold.

Maybe cold air, but I'd expect the damage to be less selective.

I'd also expect more damage if it was nutrient- or pH-related. In other words, on all new growth, on old growth starting at the bottom and progressing upwards, or just the entire plant in general.

If those were mine, I'd be out there with a good magnifying glass, checking all parts of the plants (they move on from dead areas once they've eaten all the useful stuff), checking both sides of all leaves/etc. I'd also bag the dead portions while they're still on the plants (so my actions didn't spread anything) and then cut them off and dispose of them. And probably hose the <BLEEP> out of the plants afterwards, early in the morning so they'd have plenty of time to dry out afterwards.

Could be something has been making a meal of the root systems. I suppose if the damage quickly gets worse and becomes the entire plant, then that'd be a likely possibility.

All of the above is "IMHO," of course. I'm no professional botanist, lol; have just grown a plant or two before. If cannabis is a legal crop in your location, then I suggest bagging/cutting off some of the damaged area and taking it to your local agricultural extension office and asking them - they are professionals, and that's what they're there for.
OK thanks I will cut off the dead and Bagget and water the hell out of it thank you

To clarify, I meant blast the plant with water in an attempt to remove any unwanted guests. As opposed to watering the plant.

I think there are caterpillars that cause that. I don’t get them here so can’t speak from experience but have heard others say this.

....How am I supposed to free Tibet?

I haven't figured that out as of yet. The controlling entity doesn't respond to threats - or common sense - especially well. Something about face comma saving of being more important than anything else. So merely pointing out that holding onto it is a lot of hassle for not enough gain won't do it. Have to demonstrate that plus something. Where "something" results in much gaining of face (plus the usual money, power, belittlement of one's enemies, of course).

Still... An admirable goal, methinks. And there's that thing about one's reach exceeding one's grasp ;) .

Oops. Yeah, I'd rank ye olde killerpillars as high on the list of possibilities, too.

Back
Top Bottom