Brand new and building a grow

Tophergrow

420 Member
What’s up everyone.... I’m brand new and looking to get a grow started. Gonna have 2 5x5 rooms. 1 for veg and the other for flower. Interested in doing DWC and flowering 4 plants at a time.
Still doing research on lights. I am in lumen overload. Looking at a 16 bulb Quatum BadBoy T5 or a vividgrow flower max to get the first run going and then get another light for the veg room. Thoughts suggestions??? Thanks. Ready to soak all this info on here up.

:welcome: Howdy and welcome to:420:
I agree with Pennywise. The t5 would work for veg. You may want to look into something like quantum boards for flower. Keep in mind the cost and waste of the t5 bulbs. Their efficacy goes down after 6 months.
If you are handy you can build your own array.

welcome to 420mag, If you are interested in led, you can use 2 TSL2000 to cover a 5x5 area. If you are curious about the effect of the led, you can check the grow diary in my signature:)

Welcome! You came to the right place to learn and get all the help you need with your grow! There are alot of great people here and knowledge is plentiful.

We have a few options to fit your grow space. If interested, please let me know and I can DM you to discuss. I dont want to spam your intro.

Welcome @Tophergrow ! I agree quantum is the way to go if you are starting new, but the cheapest light is the one you own, I wouldn't count out that T5 fixture if it's still sitting in the garage. I have a friend with a closet that has proven to me T5's make happy weed plants.

It's all about your tolerance for purple light and high energy bills. Most all light is going to grow good weed if you use good growing techniques.

I've grown sweet sticky bud under just about every light type you can and now to finish the circle...I just bought a Hydrofarm SBC400 400-Watt HPS/MH Sunburst Convertible Unit for $39 shipped off ebay! Woohoo! CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

P.S. If you go with LED...plan on extra Cal/Mag!

So I have no light right now. Have a guy local with some new/used stuff who has some pretty good discounts. But it’s only a good discount if it works.

16 bulb bad boy for $375 with bulbs NEW.
Vividgro flowermax. $650 each. Used.

figured that was a place to start at least.

I’m not really stuck on anything at this point. Gonna have 2 5x5 rooms so I’ll need 2 light regardless.

Beat bang for the buck is what I’m looking for. Would rather pay mor up front instead of shooting up the light bill.

So I have no light right now. Have a guy local with some new/used stuff who has some pretty good discounts. But it’s only a good discount if it works.

16 bulb bad boy for $375 with bulbs NEW.
Vividgro flowermax. $650 each. Used.

figured that was a place to start at least.

I’m not really stuck on anything at this point. Gonna have 2 5x5 rooms so I’ll need 2 light regardless.

Beat bang for the buck is what I’m looking for. Would rather pay mor up front instead of shooting up the light bill.

Hard to beat us! If interested, we can chat in a DM.

Again lots of good sponsors here, I’d do lots of research and DM some to get ideas that would work for your grow

Back
Top Bottom