Love It or Leave It?

• Love It

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Leave It

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
Oh, a question. Although I checked yes to receiving 420 magazines. I have not received any from this site since the switch. I just toggled to No, saved, then toggled yes again and saved. Is this going to help?

HOOK! TY for the extremely simple solution! That has been there all the time, hasn't It? * sigh * Old Dog, Swiss Cheese for brains.

Your welcome!...I'll let Rob reply about the mag emails...would guess its maybe taken a back seat until bugs are ironed out...cheerz... h00k...:rollit:

Oh, a question. Although I checked yes to receiving 420 magazines. I have not received any from this site since the switch. I just toggled to No, saved, then toggled yes again and saved. Is this going to help?

HOOK! TY for the extremely simple solution! That has been there all the time, hasn't It? * sigh * Old Dog, Swiss Cheese for brains.
Newsletters will resume after we build the script, after we resolve all these issues.

Thanks you guys for doing all these forum upgrades. The site is looking great. Still some annoyances or kinks to work out but it's coming along nicely so far. And the website upgrade has given me time away to work on another project.

Anywho, stuffs awsome, but some stuff not as awsome. Like picture uploading on a PC. I made a post on this thread many pages back about the picture uploads and I was going to quote it to 'bump' the post but I can't seem to find a way to search the current thread (a minor issue). Basically, picture uploading on PC sucks. You go to the thing with the Add Media and Upload File and it just brings up a standard Windows file upload menu which I then have to click through directory by directory by directory to get to where I store my pics and upload one pic then do the whole thing all over again. Sure I can hold CTRL (something not everyone would know) and keep clicking pics I wanna upload but I have no idea if there's a file limit (there used to be) and I'd hate to get pic happy and click like 50 pics to upload all at once. Plus the Windows file upload uses pretty small thumbnails that are harder to see or just file details. Before we had a cool thing we could drag and drop up to 7 files onto at a time to upload and we could use an external image viewing program to view the pics in bigger/better quality. Any chance we could get something similar?

Also a suggestion that sometimes less is more. I'm looking at you "Add Media To" section. And maybe some others. So I mouse-over the Gallery menu and go down to "Your Media" which brings me to my uploaded pictures page (yay I can see my pics again). So I click on "Add Media" and it brings up a window of sorts with "Add Media To" and there's like 30 things to click on. I dunno about anyone else but all my pictures just go into "Member Galleries" because there's just way to many categories to choose from and it gets so overwhelming with so many choices that I've got no idea where my pics might go so everything just goes into "Member Galleries" which kinda defeats the purpose of having so many categories (not like I currently have many pics other than my plants or equipment). Maybe a drop down or drop sideways menu to hide many of the options so you only see them if you want them and have only the main/most used ones always visable? It looks like there's kinda drop sideways (atleast indented) areas but it doesn't hide them and even with those there's still way to many options (IMO). This one isn't a big issue since it's more cosmetic. It works fine already and I just put everything in Member Galleries but if it were easier to use I and others might be more inclined to upload stuff to their designated area.

We are tracking down things causing performance issues, our Systems Admin has requested Tracert data from host providers other than Comcast. No Tors or IP hiding software or services, must be straight connection from your ISP to our website. We can do this one of two ways. Since posting the data might reveal your IP address, you can send the screenshots to webmaster@420magazine.com or block out the IP address on your screenshot and post it here.

1. Open a DOS window
2. Type tracert 420magazine.com
3. Hit enter

:thanks:

We are tracking down things causing performance issues, our Systems Admin has requested Tracert data from host providers other than Comcast. No Tors or IP hiding software or services, must be straight connection from your ISP to our website. We can do this one of two ways. Since posting the data might reveal your IP address, you can send the screenshots to webmaster@420magazine.com or block out the IP address on your screenshot and post it here.

1. Open a DOS window
2. Type tracert 420magazine.com
3. Hit enter

:thanks:

Tracing route to 420magazine.com [192.154.141.67]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

2 20 ms 10 ms 10 ms 10.111.208.1
3 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms 192.168.37.185
4 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms 10.224.252.26
5 25 ms 24 ms 24 ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [62.115.56.192]
6 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms toro-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.118.231]
7 40 ms 40 ms 41 ms motl-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.134.49]
8 51 ms 43 ms 41 ms metrooptic-ic-321295-motl-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.86.226]
9 47 ms 46 ms 49 ms xe-0-0-0.cr2-mtl-800sq.as10929.net [50.21.160.66]
10 53 ms 51 ms 47 ms po2-ag2-mtl-800sq.as10929.net [199.193.52.76]
11 46 ms 46 ms 56 ms 199.193.52.199
12 48 ms 61 ms 45 ms 192.154.141.67

Trace complete.

Tracing route to 420magazine.com [192.154.141.67]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 20 ms 10 ms 10 ms 10.111.208.1
3 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms 192.168.37.185
4 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms 10.224.252.26
5 25 ms 24 ms 24 ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [62.115.56.192]
6 34 ms 34 ms 34 ms toro-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.118.231]
7 40 ms 40 ms 41 ms motl-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.134.49]
8 51 ms 43 ms 41 ms metrooptic-ic-321295-motl-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.86.226]
9 47 ms 46 ms 49 ms xe-0-0-0.cr2-mtl-800sq.as10929.net [50.21.160.66]
10 53 ms 51 ms 47 ms po2-ag2-mtl-800sq.as10929.net [199.193.52.76]
11 46 ms 46 ms 56 ms 199.193.52.199
12 48 ms 61 ms 45 ms 192.154.141.67

Trace complete.
We need a screenshot, to prove the data. :thanks:

I'm sending one. I don't know which is the IP to block, so I'll just email it.

I'm sending one. I don't know which is the IP to block, so I'll just email it.
You don't have to hide IPs from us, we can see them anyway. You just don't want to post it publicly.

Like Amy said though, let's wait until we finish the updates first, I'll let you know when we're done and ready for you again.

Had not anticipated doing more upgrades, after posting this.

So much going on, it's quite overwhelming and confusing at times. :)

You don't have to hide IPs from us, we can see them anyway. You just don't want to post it publicly.

Like Amy said though, let's wait until we finish the updates first, I'll let you know when we're done and ready for you again.

Had not anticipated doing more upgrades, after posting this.

Oh already sent, but I can do it again. No problem. Just post when you guys take a break. I know you are not ever done. No rest for the weary.

OK we're now on the latest stable version of the backend software, now we need to test for any issues. Photo uploads, posts, ads working, likes, conversations, reports, everything.

OK we're now on the latest stable version of the backend software, now we need to test for any issues. Photo uploads, posts, ads working, likes, conversations, reports, everything.
Do you still want tracers??

Can I please get everyone to help me test that ALL features that were working before today, are still working now?

I mean literally everything, with a fine tooth comb. We need to be sure all features work. Posts, uploads, likes, conversations, tags, all of it. Please report here if anything stopped working or you get any errors. :thanks:

Keep rolling with it - you’re doin’ great!!

now we need to test for any issues.

Replying to this is working fine - went back and picked up that second quote when i was already halfway through this reply.

likes all good - so far...
try a few emotis...
:hug::ganjamon::hug:

and a pic insert...

Smooth - except I had to tap the emoti icon twice, the first time it just showed the ‘label’ for the button - that’s been happening intermittently...

Otherwise compose, reply etc all feel solid (iPhone SE - all software up to date).

:Namaste:

Edit: editing works too

will of course test more - that was just a few ‘quick hits’ (@420)

Chris, I think your keyboard issue could be connected to a bug in Chrome, that apparently was resolved on March 1.

Latest Android Chrome keyboard suggestion issues
Seems fixed with SwiftKey v6.7.8.25 released March 1st.
Release notes:
Fixed
* Previously jumbled words in Chrome should now display correctly
* The longpress pop up box should now display on the screen

Try another browser and make sure your Chrome is updated to the latest version, reboot and try again.

Also, they suggested before the fix was applied, to:
Tell them to switch off the rich text editor in their preferences.

Back
Top Bottom