Love It or Leave It?

• Love It

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Leave It

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
I was enjoying the ability we had in the new format to edit PMs/messages. It was nice to be able to fix typos and add second thoughts. I see that option has disappeared now. Is that a deliberate change? Thanks.

I was enjoying the ability we had in the new format to edit PMs/messages. It was nice to be able to fix typos and add second thoughts. I see that option has disappeared now. Is that a deliberate change? Thanks.
Yeah we discussed this weeks ago. It was disabled because it could be used unethically by trolls, spammers, trouble makers, etc.

Seems about the same to me on my phone at least.

When you scroll down in a thread it’s very hard to remember which thread you’re on. Somehow showing the title would be a great addition.

When you first try to use the compose buttons to make a post the top menu buttons are pressed instead. Disabling the top menu when the compose box has focus would be nice. Edit: seems fixed now!

And of course the gallery having to open separate windows to post pictures isn’t ideal. I do notice a lot less private galleries are being accidentally created, which is great.

Other then those things, now that I am much more familiar with it love the new sites features.

How it is everyone doing

Any new challenges?

any new wishes?

been quiet lately

I would like to see a tutorial for correcting a picture's orientation while uploading.

I know they are working on the rotation correction, but I'm sure there will be cases where the software doesn't rotate it correctly.

Also, in the tutorial for the gallery embed function, it would be nice to have a screenshot of selecting images with the continue button shown. I know this isn't easy, for a lot of screen capture software will not allow that window to be open during the screenshot event. (I've tried it myself)

None of the above are backroom items, so nothing for the big guns.

I'm just trying to cover the things I'm seeing from members that are not well versed in the forums.

Most everything else, I think most people can deal with for the time being. The blogs are quite important to some of the longtime members who had things there, they don't have anywhere else. They won't complain about the situation though. They, like I, understand the backroom guys are working on a lot of different things including that.

I would like to see a tutorial for correcting a picture's orientation while uploading.

I know they are working on the rotation correction, but I'm sure there will be cases where the software doesn't rotate it correctly.

Also, in the tutorial for the gallery embed function, it would be nice to have a screenshot of selecting images with the continue button shown. I know this isn't easy, for a lot of screen capture software will not allow that window to be open during the screenshot event. (I've tried it myself)

None of the above are backroom items, so nothing for the big guns.

I'm just trying to cover the things I'm seeing from members that are not well versed in the forums.

Most everything else, I think most people can deal with for the time being. The blogs are quite important to some of the longtime members who had things there, they don't have anywhere else. They won't complain about the situation though. They, like I, understand the backroom guys are working on a lot of different things including that.
Great input @Bonsaiweed

Maybe we can get @Ian Bastage and @Amy Gardner to look into some how toos as you suggested

I know a few how toos just got approved, can't remember what exactly,but gallery related

This should be fixed as of yesterday but we're currently testing just in case something was missed. I've done some test uploads and all were successful. Another member is helping test who experienced this issue before.

Good find DD

I'm wondering something about the photo albums we are required to create when uploading. I'm on an iPhone.

I don't seem to have any options to work with these photo albums. There is a check box in the top left corner of each one. I can select albums by checking the boxes- whereupon a box pops at bottom entitled 'choose action'. However the only action offered is 'de-select all'.
So I can select or de-select. That's all.

Just wondering if this is the situation with albums for everyone else at the moment.
All I need to know. If it's just me and issues on my end- that's ok. :thanks:

Good find DD

I'm wondering something about the photo albums we are required to create when uploading. I'm on an iPhone.

I don't seem to have any options to work with these photo albums. There is a check box in the top left corner of each one. I can select albums by checking the boxes- whereupon a box pops at bottom entitled 'choose action'. However the only action offered is 'de-select all'.
So I can select or de-select. That's all.

Just wondering if this is the situation with albums for everyone else at the moment.
All I need to know. If it's just me and issues on my end- that's ok. :thanks:
I think like most things on the site you can only edit albums for 420 minutes after you create them. At least I could edit a newly created album but not any of my older albums.

Oh I see. Thanks.
When they brought in that album requirement I just kept entering the same album name every time assuming it would go to the same place. Instead I ended up with a zillion little albums all of the same name and now can't rework them.
Anyway - not really a problem. Thanks Dr.
:passitleft:

I'm honestly not sure what the creating of an album does
All pics, even in 6 albums, all show up when adding a pic to a post. Was probably a default in the system but not sure of the real functionality of them

Oh I see. Thanks.
When they brought in that album requirement I just kept entering the same album name every time assuming it would go to the same place. Instead I ended up with a zillion little albums all of the same name and now can't rework them.
Anyway - not really a problem. Thanks Dr.
:passitleft:
You should see an option to “add to existing album” instead of create a new one each time.

Yeah I did eventually find that 'add to existing album' option. Just took a long time before I spotted it down there, after I realized my other tactics weren't working.
Yeah so far they don't seem to have a function except for clutter. Seems like if they have to be there it would be good to have the option to play around with them around a little. But - I'm just stating the obvious.

Thanks for the help guys the albums thing has been puzzling me from the beginning.

You don't have to create an album at all. You can just choose Member Galleries which puts your image in 'the big pile' but it is tagged to you so it will be in Your Media.

Creating an album allows you to organize your media. Some members might like to put each grow into a different album for example.

Ian

Actually, unless something has changed in the last week or so, I do have to specify an album. If I don't specify an album name I get an 'oops - blah blah blah' error and can't continue until I do. It wasn't like that in the initial days after the forum changed - but at one point suddenly became a mandatory thing to specify an album (for me anyway).
But I'll check that again next time I upload in case it has changed again.

Back
Top Bottom