Love It or Leave It?

• Love It

Votes: 55 51.4%
  • Leave It

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 29.0%

• Total voters
Also make sure your operating system and browser is updated to the latest version.

Older OS's definitely play havoc with some of the features. My iPhone is one update behind. My iPad is several behind - and there are a bunch of features that just don't appear or don't work - and all sorts of differences in how the forum operates on the two devices.

When I request desktop mode on my phone ( using Chrome) it appears to go through the motions - but nothing changes. It claims I'm in desktop mode and gives me the option to switch back to mobile mode - but there's no discernible difference between the two. Looks like desktop mode is just not available to me. Hopefully to be solved if I update the OS.

Seems like there's lots of room for funky quirks and confusion just within this point.

You guys must be seeing the wrong area or need to dump cache.

What is the url of the page you are on and can we get a screenshot of what you see?

Before you do, please clear cache, cookies, temp files and reboot, then come back and try. :thanks:

Everyone should have the GALLERY tab at top right.

Well, I'm NOT going to clear out all my logins and cached info. I have too many autofill passwords to have to recreate all those. I might be able to remove them for just 420, tho.....

Yeah I'm almost certain it's a cache clearing issue, there is no other excuse for this.

We added the gallery tab like a week ago.

You should be able to clear cache history, but save logins.

At least I know you can in Google Chrome, what operating system and browser are you using?

Is everything up to date? Browser latest version, etc.?

You should be able to clear cache history, but save logins.

At least I know you can in Google Chrome, what operating system and browser are you using?

Is everything up to date? Browser latest version, etc.?

I am using WIndows 7. Microsoft no longer updates Win 7. Chrome, however, does update itself.

my URL to my journals is:
AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

the screenshot is

Sorry, this is the best I could do.
This is what we needed and I think I found the problem, thank you!

It appears that the copy of the old forums is conflicting with the copy of the new forums, so I've reported it to the developers for fixing. Hopefully they will chime in this weekend with a quick fix, might not be until Monday. One day at a time for all of us here, wish I could trade places with you in a heart beat. :thanks:

We're working on the spam prevention, we have the tools, I'm just trying to figure out how to set it all up. Losing our webmaster during the launch, really put us behind and screwed us all up. I'm searching for a replacement, which will take a little time. meanwhile, we are all hustling our assess off trying to get it all done. Thanks for your patience, understanding and support.

Losing our webmaster during the launch, really put us behind and screwed us all up.

At least your webmaster just disappeared. I had someone on my team actively tearing down or modifying work I had done.

I'm not going to vote, at least at this time. It seems to be lacking that competent simplicity

Yup. This implementation is anything but. It's like a group of people were all working on their own little area's and not the site as a whole. It doesn't flow. The sususcribed threads updates are separate from the new posts and the whole thing is sort of disjointed.

When you start clicking on threads and everyone is asking "how do I do this" and "where did they move that" it's pretty evident. I haven't been here all that long, 6 months or so but I have noticed a drop off in posting from a lot of people that I am following as a result of the changes.

I'm
More awesome features.

"Mention & replied" alerts are time savers

"jump" to new is like magic

cursive path for laptop users to see which page I jumped from.

up and down arrows make life easier

being able to see the string of conversation and being able to add more than one person for chat

choosing categories before media upload

categorized animated emoji's are easy on the eyes because they are optional to see

toggle between code and visual is a happy medium for old html coders like me.

privacy options are a beautiful thing.

It's all coming together, you can see the amount of effort that went into finding this completely up-to-date features template. This migration was not an easy thing to do for the 420 team. I kinda feel spoiled now. This is saving so much time for me while still getting the message out.

If it's any consolation, I was doing research and saw another 420 related site was still down with a notice saying their photo uploads are not working. For you guys to make such a fast executive decision was THE BEST thing you could have done and that was not easy. I guess these things that force our hand, can turn out to be massive improvements.

It all happens for a reason.

:goodjob::Namaste:

I'm definately going to keep you in mind. There were a few things on your list that were new to me. Lol!

I found a new glitch. I was leaving a welcoming message for our newest sponsor, and when I posted it up popped my Facebook identity, complete with full name and photo. I deleted it, of course. I hadn't checked the "share on Facebook" box, so this was quite the shock

Might want to fix that one.

Yup. This implementation is anything but. It's like a group of people were all working on their own little area's and not the site as a whole. It doesn't flow. The sususcribed threads updates are separate from the new posts and the whole thing is sort of disjointed.

When you start clicking on threads and everyone is asking "how do I do this" and "where did they move that" it's pretty evident. I haven't been here all that long, 6 months or so but I have noticed a drop off in posting from a lot of people that I am following as a result of the changes.

I believe the drop off you may have seen was in part attributed to the difficulties with the app. I'm actually having very little difficulty finding my way around and getting work done. As the membership becomes more familiar with the platform these issues will resolve and you'll see those numbers climb again.

Ok guys and gals, the moment we've all been waiting for. Please let us know what you love, what you hate, what works and what doesn't. One of our 3 developers went MIA, so I might be alone here for a while replying to you guys, so please be courteous and patient. Please keep in mind that we are not anywhere close to being done tweaking, we just couldn't stand making you wait any longer. Before you create a revolution against us and/or jump ship, remember some things not working now might be working within a day or two.

We ask that you please leave all social chit chat and joking around out of this thread, so we can stay focused on getting things done for you guys. Thank you.

Let's begin the process, what's going on guys?
It's not letting me sign in on the app I have to go into chrome to access

It's not letting me sign in on the app I have to go into chrome to access
The app and TAPTALK are dead

The mobile web version on your phone is the way to get in now

Post # 205 went right over my head. I'm no programmer, just a drowning user. Tagnote? choosing which BB Code to use? I'm way too old to pick this up.
Thankfully neither of those things are actually required! You can happily ignore that and still be using the site to its full capabilities!
:thumb:
The only image tool that has worked for me so far is embed gallery (camera icon) in the reply window. (after adding media, that is)
I’m pretty sure that’s exactly the recommended way. So you’re all good there AK :)
Nearly there ... just that emails issue to sort...

Post # 205 went right over my head. I'm no programmer, just a drowning user. Tagnote? choosing which BB Code to use? I'm way too old to pick this up.

We're never too old to learn. We just choose spending our time learning something else.

I've worked with HTML since the early '90s, and prefer staying in my comfort zone with it. Sometimes we're forced to go another way, and learn something new. This seems to be one of those times ;)

Hi all - this is a tip I’ve just worked out, and thought I’d share.

When you’re up to date with a thread or journal, it’s been irritating me that following it’s link from my list of watched threads takes me to the first page not the last (if there’s a new post it successfully takes me there but if there’s no new posts it drops me on page one).

So, if instead of clicking on the thread title you click on the date stamp - where it says ‘3 minutes ago’ or ‘2 days ago’ etc. - it will take you to the most recent post!

Phew! That’s been driving me nuts.

It would be good though if the system could recognise that if there’s no unread messages, then 9 times out of 10, the latest page is where you want to land.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom