Gallery Upload Issues

Can everyone upload to off topic now without watermark?

View media item 1511654

Sorry if this is off topic, but I had to say something about the Sacred Geometry image. Is this an off-topic conversation? Anywhere where there's a convo going on about Sacred Geometry and the many spiritual and awsome things related to it? How many people are interested in that stuff? I don't want to de-rail the thread considering it's for fixing the gallery uploads so if someone could point me to somewhere to chat about this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is off topic, but I had to say something about the Sacred Geometry image. Is this an off-topic conversation? Anywhere where there's a convo going on about Sacred Geometry and the many spiritual and awsome things related to it? How many people are interested in that stuff? I don't want to de-rail the thread considering it's for fixing the gallery uploads so if someone could point me to somewhere to chat about this stuff it would be greatly appreciated.
420 Magazine

Have all of those pages that were loading slow a few weeks back been resolved?

I need to know specifically, if all those photos were resized from the scripts we ran. :thanks:
I think so - I cleared the browsing cache on my phone and the mega image page still took a little while to come in, but not like it was. It’s here if you want to check those images for resizing...
Hope that helps
:Namaste:
I’ll see if I can track down the update SweetSue did during that week too, that was another one that wouldn’t load.

I am unable to post pictures from my laptop using the "Gallery Imbed" button; though it works from my phone. Just fyi - this isn't a terrible inconvenience for me as I mostly use my phone, but I noticed it so thought I'd mention it.
I logged on with the laptop because my pic was sideways and I read I would be able to rotate it when uploading it to the gallery (this does not work on the phone). Turned out I was able to reorient the pic before uploading it, but only on my laptop... I haven't figured out a way to do it on my phone

I have a feeling that orientation issue MIGHT be connected to our script stripping the GPS data from photos.

If so, we may need to make a decision on what takes priority.

I think most sites read the orientation from the exif data, then strip the data, then rotate the image based on the orientation tag. Or add nothing but the exif orientation tag back in, if there is further processing that requires it.

@420 Hi Rob, It’s interesting then that the sideways rotation problem only arose in the last week or so. I wasn’t a problem before. Does that mean that there was no GPS data stripping going on the first few weeks of the new platform?

It’s a pretty damn tedious process rotating them all. It’s quite possible many folks might not bother nad we’ll all be turning our heads sideways on a regular basis :rofl: I would always do it though, and it’d drive me nuts. Once in in the edit view, which takes a few clicks to get there, you have to click the ‘rotate’ button 9 times to rotate 90deg, once would be good ;). Even better would be the ability to select multiple pics and rotate them 90deg all at once...

:Namaste:

They've been stripping all along, that is certain.

I was just told by one of our techs that orientation can sometimes be effected by stripping, so I mentioned it.

I don't know anymore than that, so let's wait until we sort it out before assuming anything. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom