Brand new SP 200 lights x2: help

Cheffrey

Hello

Just got 3 mars hydro for a 4 x 4 tent. Using 2 now for end of veg, day 44.

THESE lights run hot compared to what I was using.

What height should these be at ? I have them at 43" above canopy now. 28 degrees celcius at mid canopy.

They are only 195 watts each. I would honestly have to say, if you can't control the heat from 390 Watts in a 4-foot by 4-foot tent I'm thinking you have to change up something with your environment not in the lights. I mean Heck, if you are wanting a good yield in flour you're going to have to at least run all three of those and that would still be iffy . Many of us will run up to a thousand watts in the same grow space with no issues. You just need to figure out what you need to do to bring those temperatures down. What are you using for your extraction blower? I would think the normal 4 inch 200cfm should do a fine job of removing the heat. Also, 18 - 20 inches above the canopy would be as high as I would let them be.

I have an intake and out take. These lights run hot. Out is 4inch 200 cfm.
I have a 2 fan blowing up top onto the lights

A big fan oscillating.

I'm at 28 degrees celcious but lights are 43 inches away from canopy

Sorry but again, it's only 390 total watts. 390 Watts can only make 390 Watts worth of heat. 390 Watts cannot make 1000 Watts worth of heat. In a 4 by 4 tent if you cannot control 390 Watts you're going to have to look at something with the environment control setup you have.

I have an intake and out take. These lights run hot. Out is 4inch 200 cfm.
I have a 2 fan blowing up top onto the lights

A big fan oscillating.

I'm at 28 degrees celcious but lights are 43 inches away from canopy

You should ask @SmokeSara . I believe she works for Mars...

Should these be getting hot to the point that holding my finger on it for 2 seconds is to much. It's so hot running. Is that right?

Attachments

• 20190213_114334.jpg
    20190213_114334.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 101
You can bet one thing. If there is truly that much heat coming off of them then they are NOWHERE near as efficient as MARS HYDRO advertises. Let me give a shout out to @SmokeSara , our Mars Rep. Maybe she has some input about the lights being too hot to keep fingers on. That would suggest very poor heat dissipation and very low efficiency.

I cannot find a switch for on and off on these lights.

Is this some how the on off switch and I dont know how to use it lol

Attachments

• 15500832549947467890802788142243.jpg
    15500832549947467890802788142243.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 85
I cannot find a switch for on and off on these lights.

Is this some how the on off switch and I dont know how to use it lol
No, that is not a switch. They probably do not have a switch. On/OFF should be done via your timer. Did you buy these new? Do you have the paperwork for them? That should show you any switches or options built into the light.

Hi Cheffrey,.

Sorry for the late reply, our account had some problem and because of our Spring holiday, we did not get it back in time. Now with the help of Teddy, we just got it recovered, so I can help you now.

The SP-200 as we say, actually is 250w. Our factory actually make it 250w for the first shipment, I mentioned before in the SP thread, and that is why we change the name to SP-250 in case there is no misunderstandings in future. So two of them is 500w in total. So compared to the same 400w light, it will be hotter for sure. I am sorry for the inconvinicen it bought.

For the heat, the white spectrum light actually will release more heat than blurple lights, but with the right air flow, fan, carbon filter, etc working, the temperature should be fine.

The height should be fine for now, you can move the light closer when your plants adapt to it later. Usually during seeding, better more than 30''.

Hopefully I explain it clear, if not, let me know.

best regards,

Sara

Oh boy, that is definitely not the response I expected. I would never own grow lights that get so hot that you cannot touch them. The strange thing for me is I have used all sorts of grow lights over the years and my white LEDs run cooler by far then any other grow light I have used. My white LED panels that are adjustable from 10 watts through 2000 Watts never get above 90 degrees! I don't know what to say to you here man, I would never own a light that gets that hot.

Hi Fanleaf,

I understand what you mean, but this light designs without led light case and fan, in order to make it without fan, so no noise, we make it all the thick alumunim body is for absorb and relasing the heat, so that the light itself will be protected well. It touched hot, but actually it is safer to use that way. the same kind of design like Fluence, HLG is also this kind of design, and will also have this kinda of question. Compare to their lights, we make our aluminum body thicker, which should be alright,. but we will keep on working it in a better way.

Here is another growers' feedback so hopefully it can be of help.

I turn two of these sp 250 on and within a half hour it has gone up nearly 8 degrees celcious.

I'm struggling to keep this under 32 degrees celcious at canaopy. That's at just over 3 feet above canopy as of right now.

I have cool air blowing in at bottom of tent.
Exgaughsting out the top. I have negative pressure in the tent.

Should I have the flaps open at the bottom?

Lights just went on. We will check back in 30 min. Only 2 of the 3 on. My plants have not looked this sad before :(

Attachments

• 20190214_185659.jpg
    20190214_185659.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 98
Had to go into the tent again... 5 min or less and the temp is climbing

Attachments

• 20190214_190100.jpg
    20190214_190100.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 86
50 min later, opened 2 vents at tents bottom as well.

Also, I'm in canada. Its winter. It's cold. The house is at a consistant18 degree celcious. Base temp when turning lights on after 6 hours off is 20 celcious. When the lights go on I can stand there with the door ope and watch the degrees go up.

200cfm fan running max as exghuast at top.

Cool air blowing in from a air purified source at the bottom.

Attachments

• 20190214_194046.jpg
    20190214_194046.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 84
It touched hot, but actually it is safer to use that way. the same kind of design like Fluence, HLG is also this kind of design, and will also have this kinda of question.
I'm running 520 watts of HLG lights and never had a problem like this. I plan to add another 320 watts of power
I'v never had anything higher than 26 C in a 5X5 tent
a 4 inch / 195 CMF exhaust fan
That they get so hot suggests to me very poor efficiency
but hey, you know where I stand on this topic......

Its 27 now, we will see in another hour. With the third light on, which was recommended for flowering, I cant imagine the temps. I'll need a air conditioner running for the tent, in winter, in canada

Back
Top Bottom