Brand new SP 200 lights x2: help

Funny

@SmokeSara Mars website is down

Sara I'd test the bds heat with a temp gun, in yer factory, to see what is normal and acceptable, and let this customer know

Seems really hot to me

Funny... I noticed this as well. Website down.
I'm left with an un easy feeling in the pit of my stomache right now.

Mars customer service is great. They listen and respond to the facts. I've been speaking to them and they were more thaneager to discover the issue and help me resolve.

I really like how they take feed back and discuss ant flaws.

Sp 250 is powerful. Driver was heat issue. Needs to be outside of tent.

The temp talk i seen is for bulb grows. Led it is best around 80-85. Led do not raise leaf temps like bulbs do in turn room can run hotter to bring leaf temp up. 30 inchs works good for height. If your room is 80-85 and your light is running hot that means one thing. There is not enough air moving around in grow area. Adding fan will fix. If you drop temps down to 70-75 you will see growth slow way down compared too the prime 80-85. Not sure if problem has been fixed just thoight I would add my two cents. Take care

I would keep at 30" when flipping from veg to flower then after first 14 days lower to 24". Then around week 6 you can decide to lower to 18" if you would like or if buds look like you want just leave alone.

Sounds good, thank you.

I have fans running in the tent. 2 small and one big oscillating fan. Active air intake as well. Negative pressure. If I have more than one of the lights on temps get to 85 86

One I get the drivers outside the tent all will be well and I will get the full potential out of these lights.

Sounds good, thank you.

I have fans running in the tent. 2 small and one big oscillating fan. Active air intake as well. Negative pressure. If I have more than one of the lights on temps get to 85 86

One I get the drivers outside the tent all will be well and I will get the full potential out of these lights.

85 is a sweet temp spot. You will get a lot of thrichomes and terpenes along with fast growth. Just have to keep on top of watering. Have you thought of taking some 6 inch air ducting and cutting out a hole to slide over your drivers then tape around to seal. Run the duct outside tent and run air straight through it to cool drivers? Just a diy thought.

The temp talk i seen is for bulb grows. Led it is best around 80-85. Led do not raise leaf temps like bulbs do in turn room can run hotter to bring leaf temp up. 30 inchs works good for height. If your room is 80-85 and your light is running hot that means one thing. There is not enough air moving around in grow area. Adding fan will fix. If you drop temps down to 70-75 you will see growth slow way down compared too the prime 80-85. Not sure if problem has been fixed just thoight I would add my two cents. Take care
I get what you were trying to say there but at the same time there's far more to consider. If you are running 75 degrees at the canopy plants can grow very rapidly. The correct humidity for the temperature is what's going to dictate a lot of the growth rate. It's a lot easier to have the correct humidity at 75 degrees and have good growth then it is to get humidity up when the room is at 85 degrees. Humidity and temperature go hand-in-hand. If you're at 85 degrees but only 10% humidity you will not have fast growth.

@fanleaf ice had a hard time with humidity. I have a humidifier running but it may not be working properly. I imagine it is not as my humidity doesnt get above 20% usually

@fanleaf ice had a hard time with humidity. I have a humidifier running but it may not be working properly. I imagine it is not as my humidity doesnt get above 20% usually
In any type of grow room or tent it takes about 10 times the humidifier size than it would in a normal open room. This is because of the exhaust blowers sucking the humidity out almost as fast as it can be created. For instance, in one of my Grow rooms that is 5 foot by 5 foot I put a humidifier in there that is rated for up to a 3400 square foot house. This has the ability to get my humidity up to about 58% but it takes everything it can do to keep it there in the winter when the air is really dry. It takes a good humidifier that has a pretty high output to keep up with us exhausting Air at the same time. It's a tough Balancing Act. In the Summers here in Michigan the humidity is often 80% or higher and then controlling humidity is much easier. Winter time is tough.

I'm looking into buying a new one. Good to know about the square footage your using. Will help my purchase.

I'm looking into buying a new one. Good to know about the square footage your using. Will help my purchase.
I can't remember what size your grow area is without scrolling back through the thread. But just in case it's similar to my small grow tent, I also grow my starts and seedlings and do early veg in a 2 by 2 tent and I just picked up a ultrasonic humidifier from Walmart that was $89. I bought that one because it was the highest-rated one I could find online that was small enough . I'm very happy with that one . It does an absolute fantastic job in that tent. It's small enough to go right in the corner of the tent and has no problem keeping the humidity at 50%.

I as well was looking at an ultra sonic one.

I'm in a 4 x4 right now.
Just purchased a 5 x 5 tent and its otw
5 x 5 its for these 3 sp 250 and will be new flower room.

I'll turn my 4 x 4 into a veg room.

Some people put their humidifiers on the outside of the grow tent by the air intake and let the passive air intake suck the humidity in. This does work but it's not quite as effective as having it in the tent. If I was putting it outside the tent I would upsize a bit more in the humidifier.

Sorry guys for the late reply, the website one day I think the website rubbish is too much so it was down, we flush it and it works again, :D
As to the SP lights, they are hot for many reasons,
  • The whole light is no-fan design, so it can only absorb the heat and release it itself on the aluminum body;
  • The light itself is actually high wattage for that size light body.
  • the white spectrum led chips release more heat than blue and red color leds.

To use the SP lights, you also need to use fan to help with air flow. So that will help the light release heat more easily. And we also have two other ways to control the heat :
  • to move the power supply outside of your tent
  • to adjust the wattage during the early stages so your plants won't influence too strong lights. You can check the article here: Do you know your SP light can work this way?

Anyway, though the light itself might be more heat than other led grow lights of ours, it will put out more umols, as well, and also it won't heat your room too much, just 2~3 degrees compare to other led grow lights, so feel free to use. :)

Back
Top Bottom