Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

I cant help... but from the posts @PurpleGunRack puts up... he could certainly help you out!
Damn. I thought I posted that i got it figured out. Now I realize it was just a pm to buck. Here is the post I made.

Now I gotta take the two 240's you gave me and wire them into the 6 panels and put the 480 back on the 7 vero's. If you want it let me know. This was my problem.

6x 36v lights in series because I use a constant current driver is 216 volts. Multiply 216 volts by amps to get watts, 1750ma is 1.75 amps, so 216*1.75 = 378 watts roughly which I was getting 377.5. I was not maxing out the volts the driver is putting out, therefore I cant max out its wattage.

Uh, the "if you want it" is because I owe him for the two 240's he sent and said he needed something in the 1750ma range. So arrow sent me a new one cuz it was only running at 377.5 watts. Now I feel like I owe them and buck. So I'm asking him if he wants my second one that arrow sent me because both of them are running at 480 1750 and my freaking math was off.

Uh, the "if you want it" is because I owe him for the two 240's he sent and said he needed something in the 1750ma range. So arrow sent me a new one cuz it was only running at 377.5. Now I feel like I owe them and buck. So I'm asking him if he wants my second one cuz it is running at 480 1750 and my freaking math was off.
Awesome you have it figured out now! I gotta say, you're way better at that math than me... I needed my hand held to build my panels. Great work, now you'll have the wattage you need!

Awesome you have it figured out now! I gotta say, you're way better at that math than me... I needed my hand held to build my panels. Great work, now you'll have the wattage you need!
I wasn't actually. This is the worst run I have done in twenty years of growing. Lost half of them to being male. Nutrients were two years old. The nugs were so airy because of the lack of wattage. I have like no crystals except for the one plant that was getting 80watts per panel. I let them get too big in one gallon pots. I got one plant out of five for a couple ounces that maybe is ok. But whatever... lot of effort in three months for shit. Still think I need three more panels in it to make it run right I think. I'm used to put up a huge xxxl hood with a 600 bulb lol. I'm old school. Live and learn. We will see on the next one. Had all new beneficials which I think helped. Don't really think my nutes were bad. I got plush green teens under my 5k veros. I'll upload a photo when I'm not taking a break from wiring.

CW...hope you are OK...WTF...your room mate assaulted you..?
Yea. She's a little chubby chick. Also, tenant/room mate. I own the place. No damage except to plants which is enough, and I don't hit chicks duh. Well maybe if one came at me with a knife or something. I'd explain why but I don't think I should post it here. It was over religion basically. I don't want to offend anyone. If buck wants to hear it, I'll tell it.

6 - 36v panels on a meanwell 480h-c1750b. What is my problem?

I just saw and read your message, I never thought to ask your total voltage draw. The drive current dictates the wattage for lights. Ohms law, doesn't matter how big the driver it can only run at set voltages determined by current. 36v X 1.750= 63 watts is max at 1750

6 - 36v panels on a meanwell 480h-c1750b. What is my problem?

36V * 6 = 216V * 1,75A =378 w DC * 1,06 = 400,68w AC

I guess the A max on the panels is quite a bit higher than the 1,75A you get from the driver, and thus get lower voltage to each panel which is why your actual AC draw is lower than the calculated above.

Calculated voltage based on your AC draw:

375w AC * 0,94 (driver inefficiency) = 352,5w DC / 1,75A = 201,43V / 6 = 33,57V DC to each panel @ 1,75A :)

Guys. Now I am really going crazy. I hooked up the other 2 1400 240's that buck sent me to 3 panels a piece at 36v. What I didn't realize that my 240 on the three in the middle was a 2100. Argh. I just want this system to run right. Ok.. totally brainfarting today. Let's say I hook the 480 up to 7 panels, ugh. 36v * 1.4 leaves me with two panels. Ok this is what I got. Eight vero 29se's in veg. 9 36v panels. I got a 480 1750b. Two 240 1400b's. one 240 2100b.

4.761904761904762. That's how many panels I can run on a 1400 240. That makes me one panel short. Damn ohm's law. So should I just kick out the 2100. run 4 panels a piece on the 1400's and leave one panel off? Need opinions here guys/gals. This sucks. 7 vero's out front instead of 8. 8 panels instead of 9. What do I do? Everything is off by one light on my system. Anyone want to trade drivers?

4.761904761904762. That's how many panels I can run on a 1400 240. That makes me one panel short. Damn ohm's law. So should I just kick out the 2100. run 4 panels a piece on the 1400's and leave one panel off? Need opinions here guys/gals. This sucks. 7 vero's out front instead of 8. 8 panels instead of 9. What do I do? Everything is off by one light on my system. Anyone want to trade drivers?

On veros, I believe they use closer to 38 volts at 1400, I can't remember. I'd have to get paper and pen out, I'll draw something up and post it this evening

What? I knew I was gone for a bit, but where is everyone? Buck? You ok bro?

So I came up with this idea last night. Someone else has probably before. What if you had two trellis, but one was attached to either a square frame a little smaller than your area out of angled aluminum or some 80/20. Has some eyehooks on each corner with your trellis attached to it with ratchet hooks on it, so as the plants get taller/bigger you raise the trellis with them. Shit, you could attach them to your light frame, so as you are raising your lights, your raising the trellis. If you have a problem with needing a trellis that is.

Finally making it back around, damn its been a while. I think this journal is about dead lol. Here's a few pics of couple girls I have in flower ATM. Everything has been on auto pilot, haven't been able to spend any time past couple months.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :Namaste::passitleft:

Look like you have some work ahead of you, fine looking ladies.......:peace:

Yea, I left over 3lbs hang for 2 months and tastes like hay lol. I ended up just tossing it all. Now I gotta pop some beans and get my flower room filled up, I want to harvest 1 every other week, or that's the goal lol

:Namaste::passitleft:

Good morning to ya Buck and friends.....very cool to see you back Mr!
Crappy news about the hanging stuff going south.....did u mean u left it all hanging on the strings for that long , not being able to get to it , to jar it up??......FFS...i woulda run it thru my bags...got a shit load of BH out of it. Anyhow, bestest news , is that you are back. Cheers to that Buck....:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom