Breeding Death Star Help

Most likely the clone is a f1 cross or first cross. This means that the only way to reproduce that strain is by combining its original two parents again or cloning and maintaining the genetics by keeping it alive that way. So you must have gotten one of those clones. With that there is a way to change the gender of a clone from female to male. What you would need to do is maintain the original clone take two cutlings/ clones from it and use gibberellic acid or something of that nature to turn one male. How you choose to distribute the pollen is up to you but you must make sure there is no other pollen from other male plants around to avoid cross contamination. Fron the seeds created you will receive multiple phenotypes short tall high and low yield fluffy compact etc... Once you find one that suits your needs take another clone off of the original plant and cross it with your selected phenotype. The offspring/seeds will be genetically stable/similar. This will make the plant true breeding meaning all seeds and plants genetically identical and they will only vary due to grower and surroundings. I'm not an expert but I took some classes and have had good results.

I found your reply very useful. however my biggest question is how to produce the strain from Sour Diesel x Sensi Star. I have friends with cuts of this strain but none know its generation. I would like to produce an F1 Death Star. I was hoping you would have some additional information on this. I am a novice and clones and running my aeroponics garden is not a challenge. Any information would be great. even if you can just point me in the right direction would be great.

i need help first time growing indoor and its been on 12/12 for like 7 weeks no sign of buds what wrong ?
IMG-20131016-00010.jpg
IMG-20131016-00009.jpg
IMG-20131016-00008.jpg
please help.....u dont see well cus of my cam but there is little white hair but nothing fantastic

I found your reply very useful. however my biggest question is how to produce the strain from Sour Diesel x Sensi Star. I have friends with cuts of this strain but none know its generation. I would like to produce an F1 Death Star. I was hoping you would have some additional information on this. I am a novice and clones and running my aeroponics garden is not a challenge. Any information would be great. even if you can just point me in the right direction would be great.

Their generation should not matter when it comes to the creation of a new F1. If both plants have desired traits both are viable parents. However when one is breeding any plant it is always good to have a selection of viable specimen. Basically the more seeds or clones you have of a population the better and more specific traits you can breed for. In the situation of clone populations most are retained because they are the best of the originals. If the plants are clones from previous mothers and you have seen the end results of those genetics then use those. The process does not change but sometimes the unwanted traits may be what appears in your first of F1 cross. Dont be discouraged by this as crossing the plant with itself as described before will give you options that could be stabilized into additional crosses while perfecting your cross.

First thing I would check the environment. Is the plant blocked off from all light during its dark cycle. Some species of plants can have their cycle interrupted with just a flash of a camera. This plant needs 10-12 uniterrupted darkness to finish its life cycle or finish flowering. The only light that is acceptable when working on any plant during its dark cycle is green as that is the spectrum plants do not absorb. Next any form of shock can stun a plants growth nutes or even the plant being root bound can be a factor

does she look healthy ? on my pictures

Look up your plants genetics that is your best option so you can see how your plant should look. If your plant is from seed it could be that it is not sexually mature. Light leaking in could confuse the plant and could be the cause of only 3 blade leaves. The burn or dryness could be from water being on the leaf or nutrient burn/ too much of n p or k. This could also be why some leaves are light green or curling downwards. This could also be due to having a root bound plant. Any number of stress factors can have different results. Do your research in other forums and ask about nutrients effects on plants this is the best way to learn.

Most likely the clone is a f1 cross or first cross. This means that the only way to reproduce that strain is by combining its original two parents again or cloning and maintaining the genetics by keeping it alive that way. So you must have gotten one of those clones. With that there is a way to change the gender of a clone from female to male. What you would need to do is maintain the original clone take two cutlings/ clones from it and use gibberellic acid or something of that nature to turn one male. How you choose to distribute the pollen is up to you but you must make sure there is no other pollen from other male plants around to avoid cross contamination. Fron the seeds created you will receive multiple phenotypes short tall high and low yield fluffy compact etc... Once you find one that suits your needs take another clone off of the original plant and cross it with your selected phenotype. The offspring/seeds will be genetically stable/similar. This will make the plant true breeding meaning all seeds and plants genetically identical and they will only vary due to grower and surroundings. I'm not an expert but I took some classes and have had good results.

How many "F" generations before a cross [of marijuana] is stable? For instance: in tomato breeding it is usually around the F-7 generation [give or take] that it becomes stable and consistently produces what you have been selecting for. Also, it would depend on how stable your breeding material is; Are you crossing two stable varieties, a stable variety and an unstable variety, or two unstable varieties? The dominant traits "almost always" express in the F-1, and the recessive traits in the F-2 and later gens'. That's why you always plant as many as you have space for in the F-2 growout 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 etc. depending on how many traits you are trying to get in one plant. I've got this one tomato plant with 11 recessive traits and to find that one plant with all 11 recessive traits [in the F-2 growout] I would have to plant around 4,000,000 plants. I forget what the number is exactly, I'm sure somebody here good with numbers could give us a closer figure.
I did do a few crosses back in the day but those would have been single-seed descent. I wouldn't have had much patience back then to "mad scientist" all the dominant and recessive traits, so I would not have been thinking about stability after a cross; I would just have selected for "good smoke".

Back
Top Bottom