(Breeding Question) Lemon Haze Male Auto x White Diesel Feminised

AngeIus

420 Member
Hi there!

I'm new to growing and to this forum and I have some questions.. I've been growing 3 Feminised White Diesels (+2 clones) and just flipped them 12/12, while in the other tent I'm growing 5 Lemon Haze Autos which I just found out that one of them is male. I removed the male immedietly as it was just started to form sacks so I dont think (hopefully) it pollinated the others.

Now I searched and searched on the web for breeding and came across different knowledge and/or opinions on the matter but I want to clarify things. I have a clone to spare so If I put that male auto and the clone to pollinate what would be the outcome? Will it be worth the time? Should I see it for myself? I feel excited about this but I also would like to know what to expect.

Thx

Hey @AngeIus welcome to 420 mag!
to your first question, it's a good thing that you separated the males from the females. from the sounds of it you moved it just in time and you should be fine.

to your second question, i wasn't excited when i found a male in my tent, so i chopped his balls along with his stem lol, but i know @Pennywise can help you with that question.

Hey there @Angelus welcome to 420.

I am not positive of your breeding question. Your male is auto. Female is a "photo". Breeding these 2 results in half auto seeds. The auto trait is recessive and will not surface in this generation (f1). If you inbreed the resulting seeds (brother×sister), you could get the auto gene to resurface.

If your question is "will it be good?" There is only one way to find out. :)

Thank you @PK and @Patient puffer for your answers, cheers.

What I meant to ask was will it be good to experience this kind of breeding. I like both of their traits but I'm guessing I'll get the consistent result in generation 5?

I guess I'm going for it, I got the time and extra space. I have a clone to spare and breeding with a clone should work just fine maybe?

Don't worry about an inbred line yet. Unless you want to keep your female photo as your "recurrent" parent. Which means you keep breeding the males you find in your seeds with their mother. Gross, i know. But this is how to stabilize your new strain. Successive breeding with the sole mother with her "son's" is how you stabilize. Otherwise you just get seeds producing different phenotypes (genetic expression).

If you cross an auto and a photo the F1 generation will be 100% photo. All seeds will the carry the recessive gene for auto flowering. If you cross a brother and sister from the F1 seeds you’ll get 25% auto, 25% photo and 50% will be what we “fast”. To make autos you need to choose a male and female showing the Auto trait.

Thank you all for answers, I just found out somehow all my autos hermied on me. Balls man, balls... Cant believe I missed that and they are a month into flower too. Should I chop them all down or remove the sacks and wait? Wanted to breed with the male one but it seems they cant handle any kind of stress and have weak genetics.

Yeah they're in a tent. No light leaks no big temp or humidity change
25 °C fixed with %40-50 humidity on 18/6 light
A friend got me a commercial liquid fertilizer (made from worms?) I used less than indicated. Waiting for soil to dry out before watering. One of them is semi-hydrophonic. Geez, all of them...really? Tried to cut all the sacks carefully just going to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom