Breeding Question

mclovin81

First off thank to all who helped me get through my 2 grows. through exp. and help from 420mag fourms my 2nd grow produced some large fluffy buds of AK and fluffy buds of WR. both very strong but bag appeal is horrible but Im the only one consuming it so it's all good.

on to my main question on breeding, I want to provide some seed stock since I cant run a perpetual harvest. I am looking at grow 4 different feminized strains 5 beans per pack. My Idea was to grow 4 seeds from each pack for a total of 16 ladies and save 1 femd seed from each pack to cross with a 5th Strain for seed stock. Of coarse this would be 2 separate grows one for the good Sensimilla and 2nd for seed. I would love suggestions as to what i should use as my 5th strain of males. I have been looking at Skunk#1 and NL#1 since I know these are staples in a great deal of modern strains. If anyone could give me some ideas on other stabalized strains like NL and skunk so I can jump in and grab some more info on the genetics.

Thanks in advance
Mclovin

when considering males you want to go for effect and stability, so reserve the classic staples you mentioned for the being fems. Buy males that have some kind of noteworthy yet stable trait, ie something that has not been hybridized for the last hundred generations. Try a native Tai if you want seedlings that have one of the most renowned sativa highs, or a try a super hardy stable tundra variety from Alaska. No matter what make sure its of stable origin and has something very special to offer. have fun with your trials and good luck. :peace:

Thanks for the explanation 2T4M Amazon just dropped off a a book dedicated to breeding and selection this afternoon I haven't jumped in and started reading yet but at a quick glance they are explaining some of the traits to look for in your male. I'll let you know if something really jumps out at me from the book.

CocoJoe thanks for the heads up on the Afghan i did not know it was as stable as the NL and Skunk I need to follow the it's linage and educate myself the same as with skunk and NL.

real quick while i'm siting here feeling like a brain gernade just went off in my head (that AK shit will do that for ya) Last night I had some ole buddies over that enjoy the weed but never smoked with them before I went and got 3 baggies one for each and was just grabbing buds of AK, and White rhino and dropping them in. I felt like it was halloween. :roorrip:. I don't sell and my harvest was much bigger then I thought. maybe its excatly what I thought but the potency is stronger then I thought. the amount it took for 4 of us to get high was just a pinch. point of the story as I droped it into there bags it felt like halloween.

McLovin Out

Peace

Back
Top Bottom