Breeding seeds from auto flower?

Dirtdemon

Hey y’all, how are you now? I am interested in breeding some seeds of DLF. In the past I would let a female grow until it had banana pollen pods. Then pollinate another female and was good to go. Is that possible with such a fast finishing auto strain? I am rusty on my knowledge but I seem to remember if you just shock a plant to become a hermi, doesn’t that mean all the seeds will be hermi? Or is that only if you let hermi produce seeds? If I put the pollen on another female will that give me feminized seeds? I wouldn’t mind breeding regular but I don’t know if that’s possible starting with feminized seeds. Any knowledge on this subject is greatly appreciated.
Thanks y’all!
DirtDemon

Hey y’all, how are you now? I am interested in breeding some seeds of DLF. In the past I would let a female grow until it had banana pollen pods. Then pollinate another female and was good to go. Is that possible with such a fast finishing auto strain? I am rusty on my knowledge but I seem to remember if you just shock a plant to become a hermi, doesn’t that mean all the seeds will be hermi? Or is that only if you let hermi produce seeds? If I put the pollen on another female will that give me feminized seeds? I wouldn’t mind breeding regular but I don’t know if that’s possible starting with feminized seeds. Any knowledge on this subject is greatly appreciated.
Thanks y’all!
DirtDemon

If you want to make more seeds, the most reliable method is to chemically induce a male flower on a female plant.

This will give you pollen that has almost a zero chance of creating a male plant from the seed. (no y chromosomes).

But it is my opinion, that you should not pollinate a plant with its own pollen. I think that causes genetic issues. (my opinion)

Colloidal Silver (50 ppm) can be purchased and sprayed (carefully) on a flower site every day (after flowering starts, ) for like 2 weeks, and the flower should become a male flower. You can find tutorials online as to how to do it, and there is a thread here to guide you.

After you collect that pollen you can fertilize another female plant. Of the same strain or another.

There are some things to consider. In my opinion, you shouldn't consume cannabis that has had CS land on it. The chemical is immobile so it won't contaminate the whole plant, But where ever the CS touches, should be avoided. If you are careful and prevent random spray, you should be able to use the rest of the plant without worry. If you can't, I wouldn't risk it. TheMaddabber did some CS pollen, and you can look up his latest grow that contains his method. It was a great way to prevent accidental contamination of the rest of the plant (cut plastic jug over the limb being sprayed).

There are other chemicals, that will also make a female flower make pollen. But CS is used frequently.

Hermaphrodite plants are plants which tend to have both flowers. This is an unwanted trait but can happen if breeding an unstable strain. It usually takes breeding chosen plants through a few generations to get a stable strain that doesn't tend to be hermaphroditic. If the strain is stable, you shouldn't notice any difference from the original plants.

None of this is difficult, but it does take some knowledge, patience, and some minor skill. The skill is not making 4000 seeds when you only want 40. It is easy to pollinate a whole grow room/tent if you are not very careful.

I do aspire to make more seeds and actually breed, but up to this point, I have only researched. So I'm speaking from all research.

There are people here who are doing just as you inquire about.

Good morning Bw, thx for the reply. I have read about using cs, I always avoided it because I always wanted to keep it natural. Cs confuses me how is it non toxic for people to drink but you can’t smoke weed that has contacted cs. I would prefer to over ripen Mary to get pollen sacs. For some reason my mind keeps telling me that it might not work with the DLF. I don’t know why I keep thinking that lol.
I tried to order some nutts last night and looks like AN has discontinued what I use to use, advanced nutrients heavy harvest. It was time released in pellet form. It worked awesome for me, on the last feeding I would use about 75% of normal dose and come harvest the plants were flushed and ready to go. Bw if you have any suggestions on a similar product I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
DirtDemon

If you want to make more seeds, the most reliable method is to chemically induce a male flower on a female plant.

This will give you pollen that has almost a zero chance of creating a male plant from the seed. (no y chromosomes).

But it is my opinion, that you should not pollinate a plant with its own pollen. I think that causes genetic issues. (my opinion)

Colloidal Silver (50 ppm) can be purchased and sprayed (carefully) on a flower site every day (after flowering starts, ) for like 2 weeks, and the flower should become a male flower. You can find tutorials online as to how to do it, and there is a thread here to guide you.

After you collect that pollen you can fertilize another female plant. Of the same strain or another.

There are some things to consider. In my opinion, you shouldn't consume cannabis that has had CS land on it. The chemical is immobile so it won't contaminate the whole plant, But where ever the CS touches, should be avoided. If you are careful and prevent random spray, you should be able to use the rest of the plant without worry. If you can't, I wouldn't risk it. TheMaddabber did some CS pollen, and you can look up his latest grow that contains his method. It was a great way to prevent accidental contamination of the rest of the plant (cut plastic jug over the limb being sprayed).

There are other chemicals, that will also make a female flower make pollen. But CS is used frequently.

Hermaphrodite plants are plants which tend to have both flowers. This is an unwanted trait but can happen if breeding an unstable strain. It usually takes breeding chosen plants through a few generations to get a stable strain that doesn't tend to be hermaphroditic. If the strain is stable, you shouldn't notice any difference from the original plants.

None of this is difficult, but it does take some knowledge, patience, and some minor skill. The skill is not making 4000 seeds when you only want 40. It is easy to pollinate a whole grow room/tent if you are not very careful.

I do aspire to make more seeds and actually breed, but up to this point, I have only researched. So I'm speaking from all research.

I thought of something for pollinating (when i decide to) pick a bud thats at the door of your tent pull it out of the tent zip up around it so the tent is basically closed but theres a bud hanging out id still use the bag trick aswell just to be sure. But maybe this could work for the colloidal silver aswell

I thought of something for pollinating (when i decide to) pick a bud thats at the door of your tent pull it out of the tent zip up around it so the tent is basically closed but theres a bud hanging out id still use the bag trick aswell just to be sure. But maybe this could work for the colloidal silver aswell

Good morning Bw, thx for the reply. I have read about using cs, I always avoided it because I always wanted to keep it natural. Cs confuses me how is it non toxic for people to drink but you can’t smoke weed that has contacted cs. I would prefer to over ripen Mary to get pollen sacs. For some reason my mind keeps telling me that it might not work with the DLF. I don’t know why I keep thinking that lol.
I tried to order some nutts last night and looks like AN has discontinued what I use to use, advanced nutrients heavy harvest. It was time released in pellet form. It worked awesome for me, on the last feeding I would use about 75% of normal dose and come harvest the plants were flushed and ready to go. Bw if you have any suggestions on a similar product I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
DirtDemon

There have been some recent discussions about late flower pollen. Many people have stated that many times the pollen from late male flowers can be sterile. This is why rodelization is somewhat unreliable. You could go through quite a few plants before you get fertilized seeds.

Any plant can produce late male flowers, as I understand. But the buds you get from it may be instant comatose due to the age of the trichomes by the time the male flowers appear. (ie. The female buds maybe past the optimum age to harvest.)

CS is fine to drink. But when you oxidize silver (burning), it is no longer silver. It is silver oxide. Chemically it isn't the same, and that is why it could be harmful to you. I can't say it is, I just state that vaporized (from heat) silver oxide being drawn into your lungs is an iffy proposition. I also believe the stomach is much tougher than the lungs with regard to impurities.

I always say that I'm only stating my opinion. I just give information as I see it, and let others chose their own path.

I hope your adventures are bountiful.

I don't see why not.... but you may have to clean your tent exterior every time. I haven't messed with CS, so I'm guessing.

:thumb:

There have been some recent discussions about late flower pollen. Many people have stated that many times the pollen from late male flowers can be sterile. This is why rodelization is somewhat unreliable. You could go through quite a few plants before you get fertilized seeds.

Any plant can produce late male flowers, as I understand. But the buds you get from it may be instant comatose due to the age of the trichomes by the time the male flowers appear. (ie. The female buds maybe past the optimum age to harvest.)

CS is fine to drink. But when you oxidize silver (burning), it is no longer silver. It is silver oxide. Chemically it isn't the same, and that is why it could be harmful to you. I can't say it is, I just state that vaporized (from heat) silver oxide being drawn into your lungs is an iffy proposition. I also believe the stomach is much tougher than the lungs with regard to impurities.

I always say that I'm only stating my opinion. I just give information as I see it, and let others chose their own path.

I hope your adventures are bountiful.
Interesting Bw in the past I never had any sterile pollin with ice strain from nirvana seeds. I miss that weed it was awesome lol.
Thanks for the cs info now it makes sense why it’s not smokable.
Thanks
DirtDemon

Thanks y’all!
DirtDemon
The way I think it goes is if you use your herm to pollinate then that will gurantee you feminized seeds being that their was no male involved at all. But there is a chance of some of those seeds still carry the hermaphrodite gene. So you should be good with all fem seeds. just keep an eye for early bananas on "some" of those seeds, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom