Breeding seeds

thisismyfirsttime

hello im looking at a limited release strain of auto flower, iv herd of people making autos with one pheno male and one pheno auto but what im wondering is if i grow one auto, get it to flower then cover half in CS and get pollen and then pollinate the other side of the same plant, will it create a stable auto strain of that plant? im just looking to take one plant and give me about 10-15 seeds so i can grow that plant again should i fail because it looks amazing. If that's not an option what about getting 2 autos of that same strain, using one to pollinate the other to create more autoflower seeds, can this be done?

think of the logic here,, an auto,, first it has to go to flower,, then you need to make male pods,, then you need to harvest the pollen,, then you need to pollinate female flowers, same plant,, then you need to wait four to six weeks for the seeds to mature

sounds like 15 to 16 weeks to do all that,, with an auto

karma sent friend

think of the logic here,, an auto,, first it has to go to flower,, then you need to make male pods,, then you need to harvest the pollen,, then you need to pollinate female flowers, same plant,, then you need to wait four to six weeks for the seeds to mature

sounds like 15 to 16 weeks to do all that,, with an auto

karma sent friend

i get that but it is possible for seeds to form in a shorter period of time, they may not be fully mature but can possibly still work. i could even just plant one 2-3 weeks after the first one if i use the 2 plant method. i want to try make more mephisto genetics gold glue. i wanted panama pink but i missed out on that one and buying autos is costing me so much everytime i buy them it works out to be about 60-80$ for 3 seeds through any vendor.

Both should be possible although there are better chemicals than colloidal silver. I'm doing exactly what you describe with GA3 (first time) and others use STS. Best of luck
please let me know how it works out with the short time frame and did you use the one plant method or two plants?

please let me know how it works out with the short time frame and did you use the one plant method or two plants?

So I just started and right now I have two solid seedlings. One pink kush CBD and one blackberry kush. Both are auto fem. I have one other pink kush started but it is struggling. I will be spraying the GA3 on the branches I want to form pollen around day 21. I will try and have them pollinate each other but will also be starting another set of each about 2 weeks behind the originals. I will also try and save some pollen if possible. From what I understand seeds need around 4 or 5 weeks to mature after pollination so you may just have to have those branches live longer after harvesting the rest. Hope that rambling made sense. I will follow up though

So I just started and right now I have two solid seedlings. One pink kush CBD and one blackberry kush. Both are auto fem. I have one other pink kush started but it is struggling. I will be spraying the GA3 on the branches I want to form pollen around day 21. I will try and have them pollinate each other but will also be starting another set of each about 2 weeks behind the originals. I will also try and save some pollen if possible. From what I understand seeds need around 4 or 5 weeks to mature after pollination so you may just have to have those branches live longer after harvesting the rest. Hope that rambling made sense. I will follow up though

To answer your question, I'm using more than one plant but Im6hoping they all pollinate each other and themselves haha

Autos are more of a challenge to revers and pollinate

I just pollinated 3 different auto strains and needed to run them about 10 days longer to get the seeds viable

So that's another option when self pollination on Autos, just run them longer than normal for the seeds to develop

As soon as the get a side branch spray them and continue to do it.they will produce male flowers and you wont need to ruin a harvest at all..
they will throw out a few seeds if done right.
Thats why you run all the same auto seeds at once even cross polly from the same seed batch can give you a decent amount of seeds from the same line,you will never have to buy those seeds again.

As soon as the get a side branch spray them and continue to do it.they will produce male flowers and you wont need to ruin a harvest at all..
they will throw out a few seeds if done right.
What is the determining point for you to begin daily spraying? Is once pre-flowers are seen on the branch, or pistils or something else? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom