Breeding

rattlerr

When you breed an automatic will the seeds still come out an automatic? or will the male genes cancel out the automatic trait making it more like normal female seeds. :thumb:

It's an old question but i'll reply for people who will wonder... If you have two autoflowering male and female you are more likly two have auto flowering.. Unless the strain aren't stable you may have a parent that still inhibits both pheno.. In this case maybe a percetage will be auto flowering an another will be photoperiode... If you were to use a regular photoperio male to an autoflowering none will be auto flowering. But all the seed will have a ressesif autoflowering gene if you were to crosse those again you would have fast flowering seed auto flowering seed and regular seed.. Has you work the line you can shift thru to have the desire traits you are looking for and stabalise them into fast flowering auto flowering au regulars seeds...

Please do not take this wrong! If you don't know the answer to that question before you start breeding. It is not time to breed your own seeds. Making seeds is not very hard. Making good seeds is a whole different story. Yes seeds cost money. So does all the time you spend growing a seed. If you are going to dedicate 4 to 6 months of your life to something. You want the best genetics you can get to do this with.

Once you have grown for a while you will have learned a lot from the plants themselves. As you do this you are going to find out more info about marijuana along the way. You need to understand the plants before being able to breed them properly.

Breeding good marijuana is hard. Breeding good Auto Flower strains is a whole different thing. If you don't have a pure auto flower strain it gets even more difficult. I am not trying to discourage you. You will be there someday. If you want the best return from your grow. Do it with known quality genetics.

The problems with breeding Auto flower strains is you can't clone a great plant and work from there. You never know till the plant is finished. All the plant finishes at the same time no matter how much light you give them. A clone will only live as long as the parent. So if you are going to make a hybrid you need either a male plant or to reverse a female plant. Neither way you get to look at the plant first before breeding it. The best breeding projects come from known plants and genetics. If you use a male auto flower hybrid it will only transfer 50% auto genetics as that is all the genetic info it has. Cross 2 auto hybrids and you still only have 50% of the genetic info needed for auto flower traits. The plants at best will be 50% auto and 25% of the 2 other genetics involved.

I hope this helps. If you really want to breed switch to photo genetics or find yourself a strain like Low Ryder or Low Ryder 2 that has really strong auto genetics.

U've been growing for 20 years and its not my first batch of seed i know exactly what i'm looking for.. That why i don't intend on seling any of ilmy seed till i'm proud of my product i have some auto and some 50% auto. But i don't botther playing with thoses. Cause i know what happen to the next inbred cross down the line. So yes unless you get a great genetic that is stable you are more then likely going to spend a lot of time stabilizing that auto trait. Which is why i left thise aside. Too much time consuming..

LMAO here we go again. This post is from 2015. I need to start reading dates before I answer shit LOL.

Whats really funny. Every time I comment on a old thread it starts a argument. I wasn't saying anyone didn't know what they were doing. I just said you should know the answer to that question before you consider breeding.

I wasen't really giving a straight answer to your reply. I was trying to complement your comment for futur reference. Saying that i'm a grower and i'm also doing breeding at the moment and i prefere photoperiods and i've put aside autoflowering because of the size of operation it would take to complete its easier to focus on one strain stabilize it and work with it. Like you mention you'll learn alot from the plant how it grows smell and looks and it will be easy fir your to had other trait like colors later one or potenty. Ect... Has if you are doing auto flower its one more gene you have to take into cinsideration. Like you mention you can't clone anything and save it for later you have to do it all in the life cycle of the plant which is time and space consuming. Sorry for the confusion.

I'ven't eard of it. I'll looknup who they are.. O know afficianado has some high price sometimes. But i notice whent it happens it's a reason of not many bag been put on the market making them rare.. So they put a higher price for breeders to buy them and keep working on the line so they can move to something esle. A lot of breeders love it when there product lives and disen't just get all bought and smoke without having someone to save the genetic.. Oracle seeds. Hopefully i can read on them and find out more about their genetics.

Its about 200 a seeds. But the thing is i do not thrust de distributors yet.. And 45% thc. I highly doubt it.... I'm looking at it.. It was on a site i saw some seeds a 100 000. But a friend told me once a true genetic is worth undred of thousand to the industies. Creator sign o no divulgation of genetic to keep it all hidden... So you have to be careful with those high numbers.. Its often a lie..

LMAO here we go again. This post is from 2015. I need to start reading dates before I answer shit LOL.

Whats really funny. Every time I comment on a old thread it starts a argument. I wasn't saying anyone didn't know what they were doing. I just said you should know the answer to that question before you consider breeding.
I hope you don't mind if I ask a question about genetics. If the plant was feminized will the few seeds that popped out of a couple buds be demonized as well? Thank you. :yummy:

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question about genetics. If the plant was feminized will the few seeds that popped out of a couple buds be demonized as well? Thank you. :yummy:
Lmfao! Yes , they are demon seeds! Fn auto spell!:yummy:

I've been looking at strains sativa indica and hybrids for a long time and i know by experience that even if you get a emerald cup winning cut you are more then likely not going to achieve same result sometime do to atmosphéric pressure from your location the time of year grown or then same light spectrum. And i find it funy how many strain are said to be at a certain % thc. But when you see ut on the market the said % is often 4-5% less in average.. It is possible to isolate to boost to a certain point but after a while the risk of inbreeding deterioration get higher.. After the fastvreading i've done.. I woulf spend a dime on this strain..

That's the probleme see.. The most important aspect... If you have feminized seeds and yoi get a few seeds. Tbere is a chance athat it hermied ( the seed may ir may not hermie. But the gene is there... Anf it can destoye the stability of your genetic... But if there were to be a male.. It would mean that the pollen would have came from somewhere else.. Brought by the wind or an insect... Thise seed would be of greater value. Because the hermi traits would not of been passed if the mother and the fatjer plant were stable enought... So a female olant cannot make male pollen to make male seeds only a male plant has the ability to do so. So your answer is yes.. The feminized plant making hermis or beung selfied will only have feminizerld seed.. Selfied been a chemocal reaction that dosent passed on a hermi trait but only the possibility to make flowers with female pollen for this generation

Ok but does the plant have to have an outside pollinator or can the plant push a few seeds out on its own.(hermie)? :yummy:

It's bagseed. I bought a nice oz last summer and got about a dozen seeds out of it. You see how lush they are at 3weeks.
20200308_121018.jpg
Would love to x with my Afghani if I get hermies or a male. How long is pollen viable?:yummy:

It's bagseed. I bought a nice oz last summer and got about a dozen seeds out of it. You see how lush they are at 3weeks.
20200308_121018.jpg
Would love to x with my Afghani if I get hermies or a male. How long is pollen viable?:yummy:
I can last long if it's keep real dry in a cool environement.. Humidity will kill it. So not long in nature.. Their is a link on here anout making sts feminized seed with great info on how to store pollen.. (dry rice to dry the pollen and heated up and dryed up cornstarch to mix with pollen to preserve and help with propagation of pollen onto flowers more easily.. Look it up.. Sts feminized seed.. Pretty complete thread

Back
Top Bottom