Breeding!

berrydizzle

OK, so I am growing 10 White Russian seeds from Serious Seeds. I hope to take a male(or maybe 2) and cross them with the Blueberry that I have been growing since the beginning and have come to love.
So thats why I'm here, I dont know how to do it. I have heard that you flower the male and then when the pollen sacks burst open you take a bag and collect some of it and then pour it directly on a bud and you got seeds. Am I right. Also when would I want to put the pollen on the buds, at how many weeks into flowering??

Re: Breeding!!

Yeah, but I dont want all of my female buds full of seeds...thats why I heard to dump the pollen on one bud...so that bud will be the only one with seeds...or will the rest of the plant still grow seeds even if one spot is pollenated. I would rather do that, just put them in together, will save me a lot of effort, cause I was planning on flowering the male under my veg light and just moving it into dark for 6 of the 18 hours so it only got 12.

cotton swab.
Flower the male in a different room or a large box. Use no fans just cfls and the light does not have to be real intense so a 23 w could do one male or one small male clone. Lay paper under the plant. When the flowers open the pollen is released and falls onto the paper. Collect pollen off paper and use a cotton swab to dab the lower buds of your female plant.

Cotton swab gets a second nomination from me.

But really, you're just "making seeds." Breeding takes hundreds, if not thousands of seeds, and generations of selection.

You're taking White Russian, with who knows how many grand parents, and blueberry, with two grandparents, and throwing them together. When you have all of these different things that were all selected for, and cross them, it's like combining two decks of playing cards, cutting the deck, and trying to get a straight game going.

The more males and more females (and more seeds) the better. If you really do intend to breed, numbers of males and females all getting mixed up everywhich way is the best.

But really, I hope if you like growing so much, I hope you do try to breed your own from such cool weed. I think your own good strain is a sign of distinction, as well as an education in weed.

Back
Top Bottom