BrewedALLday's Australian Bag Seed Grow - 2013

BrewedALLday

Hey everyone,

I am a new member and haven't posted before but I have been an avid reader for years now. I am in the process of starting my first grow and wanted to start a journal on the planning and building of my garden/box and the growing of my personal meds. :yummy:

I plan on this being a very cheap grow and using it to get my feet on the ground.

Medium: Soil
Location: Debating between large balcony or stealth cabinet grow
Seeds: see next post
Lights: CFL or LED (depending on deals I can find)
Climate: Hot and Humid

The rest is TBD and I look forward to hearing everyone's advice. Back to researching non stop!! :reading420magazine:

Seed Review

I have been traveling in Australia and accumulated a few seeds while visiting different cities. I am finally able to start planting a few and I am excited to see how the different locations work out.

I review all the strains I smoke and this is what I have from each experience/strain.

- 1st and 2nd seed strain
: Brisbane, Queensland
: Med - high quality
: Extreme Indica
- couch lock, very hungry, great for music,
- dark green, brownish in color. Loose, dense, large buds
I was very impressed with this strain I bought. It was the first time I had a good quantity of weed in Australia and I smoked it all in three weeks. It was medium to high quality and it only got the medium review bc it hit fast but lasted a short time; so I ended up having to smoke a lot more than other strains. Great for music and I was always in bed or laying around. Very tripy when walking alone in the dark while in the woods. Haha (Walking in the Brisbane Botanical Gardens)

- 3rd, 4th, and 5th seed strain
: Melbourne, Victoria
: Med - High
: Sativa
-talkative and social high. Creative and a very funny type high.
-look n/a
Lasted for good amount of time for the amount I smoked in a joint. The seeds on this strain came from the box of weed in Melbourne so I am unsure what strains the seeds will be.

- 6th and 7th Seed Strain
: Nimbin Hydro
: HIGH
: Perfect Indica/ Sativa mix
- social, energetic, euphoric, relaxed chill vibe
- super dense, med loose and fluffy buds. See pics with seeds from large bud.
Went to Nimbin (hippy little drug town in New South Wales where weed is sold everywhere by everyone). Awesome experience with great selection; which is rare in Australia.

Photos coming soon of seeds.

Total seeds
image5545.jpg

Nimbin Seeds and Strain
image5544.jpg

So I have been reading and researching for so long that I just realized I have most of the info in my head but it is not conveniently accessible. This is something I am working on so when I read good information I can just put a link or copy/paste the information in.

Any help filling some of the questions in would be awesome; the boldones are what I need the most. :high-five::thanks:

Grow #1 List

(Key)
* = potential supplies needed
: = information on questions or supplies needed
- = question regarding grow

Scrog
* x2
: 1 with small 2in squares
: 1 with 4in squares for 3 to 6 inches above
- how to scrog with bag seeds and male possibilities?

Box
* minimum size cabinet of 3ft length, 2ft width, 4ft high ( can adjust for design)
* tent grow
- smell?
- ease of use (customizable)?

- stealth 5/10
- cost?
* Prebuilt PC
- smell?
- stealth? 8/10
- cost?
* customized cabinet
- smell?
- stealth?
- cost?

Lighting
* CIDs
- heat output
- cost
- # of lights needed
: watts to lumens
- Fixtures
* LEDs
- heat output
- cost
- # of lights needed
- Fixtures
* HID/HD
- heat output
- cost
: short term
: long term
- # of lights needed
- Fixtures

Cooling
* Fan for circulation
* Intake and output Fan
: noise
: power used
: size
- needs to have output hole 2x surface area of intake?
Filtering/ smell
- how long can I grow indoors before two plants becomes a problem?
: only can smell in my room as this is a stealth grow.

- types of filtering
* Air purifier / ionizer
* Home made charcoal filter
* exhaust leading to outside or a cardboard box
* (type of gel that neutralizes smell)

Power
- I understand very little about how the wiring and power works for these...
: I have rewired equipment so I can do it I could use some info on it though.

Security
-ways to lock my room/ grow box?
- tips ensuring it stays secret?

Nutes/Feeding
* Molasses (pure, see research)
* Pineapple juice
- what type of nutes to buy
* seedlings
: when
: how much
: %
* veg
* flowering

Soil
- find out if regular crop soil plus additives will be ok?
- what kind of soil do you plan on buying?
- how much is needed for 2 to 5 plants?
- what do the 3 #s stand for...9/5/3 etc?

Pots
* seedling pots
* large pots till end of life or medium that can be changed
- see if you can scrog and change pots (if so what size)?

: square pots can work better for spacing
* watering hose with holes cut for easier watering around scrogs

Seeds
- how do I prevent males/ hermies early on?
- how to germ seeds?
: 24 to 32hr water soak
: wet paper towel with cover
: directly into soil

So I have been reading and researching for so long that I just realized I have most of the info in my head but it is not conveniently accessible. This is something I am working on so when I read good information I can just put a link or copy/paste the information in.

Any help filling some of the questions in would be awesome; the boldones are what I need the most. :high-five::thanks:

Grow #1 List

(Key)
* = potential supplies needed
: = information on questions or supplies needed
- = question regarding grow

Scrog
* x2
: 1 with small 2in squares
: 1 with 4in squares for 3 to 6 inches above
- how to scrog with bag seeds and male possibilities?

Box
* minimum size cabinet of 3ft length, 2ft width, 4ft high ( can adjust for design)
* tent grow
- smell?

- stealth 5/10
- cost?
* Prebuilt PC
- smell?
- stealth? 8/10
- cost?
* customized cabinet
- smell?
- stealth?
- cost?

Lighting
* CIDs
- heat output
- cost
- # of lights needed
- Fixtures
* LEDs
- heat output
- cost
- # of lights needed
- Fixtures
* HID/HD
- heat output
- cost
: short term
: long term
- # of lights needed
- Fixtures

Cooling
* Fan for circulation
* Intake and output Fan
: noise
: power used
: size
- needs to have output hole 2x surface area of intake?
Filtering/ smell
- how long can I grow indoors before two plants becomes a problem?
: only can smell in my room as this is a stealth grow.

- types of filtering
* Air purifier / ionizer
* Home made charcoal filter
* exhaust leading to outside or a cardboard box
* (type of gel that neutralizes smell)

Power
- I understand very little about how the wiring and power works for these...
: I have rewired equipment so I can do it I could use some info on it though.

Security
-ways to lock my room/ grow box?
- tips ensuring it stays secret?

Nutes/Feeding
* Molasses (pure, see research)
* Pineapple juice
- what type of nutes to buy
* seedlings
* veg
* flowering

Soil
- how much is needed for 2 to 5 plants?
- what do the 3 #s stand for...9/5/3 etc?

Pots
* seedling pots
* large pots till end of life or medium that can be changed
- see if you can scrog and change pots (if so what size)?

: square pots can work better for spacing
* watering hose with holes cut for easier watering around scrogs

Seeds
- how do I prevent males/ hermies early on?
- how to germ seeds?
: 24 to 32hr water soak
: wet paper towel with cover
: directly into soil

Wow a lot of questions huh? lol its ok thats what the site is here for. One of the best ways to learn how to grow is to actually just get your feet wet and start growing! :bravo:
I will attempt to answer some of your questions and im sure others will fill in the blanks.
- how to scrog with bag seeds and male possibilities? -->once you decide to put your plants into flowering they should be at or just above the screen. Within 7-10 days of 12/12 lighting you will have the sex of all your plants. Simply hack down the males and get them out asap. It should come right back down through the screen (scrog) with no problem.
-smell? Each strand has a variation of smells but there is no question: There will be a pungent odor present, so do what you need to do to eliminate the odor asap. Some strains smell within the first two weeks, so I'd advise getting under control quick.
-Soil
You will need to decide on your growing medium and how to feed your plants based upon what medium you are using. The one piece of advice I can offer here: Make sure its not just soil on its own, I usually mix about 60% soil and 40% perlite together. This provides adequate drainage in your pots, so that water doesnt build up and rot out your roots, thus = not a good result lol.
Anyways hope this helps, and i'm subscribed to your journal so ill check in periodically and see how its going! :D

Ok, so I have pretty much everything from the above answered at this point with the research I have done. I am going to start off with planting 3 of the 7 seeds; and hopefully I can get at least 1 maybe 2 to turn out as ladies. And best case scenario I get to keep three, no complaints here! Haha.

I saw this on a few posts and I like the idea, since Snuff was the first to Subscribe if he wants he can choose what Brisbane seed I use in the grow. The second subscriber can choose the Melbourne seed. And last but definitely not least can choose the Nimbin seeds. :circle-of-love: I honestly don't know the Strains they are other than my smoke review so I'm excited to see what types of strains we are looking at. If I decide on more in the next few days I will also have members decide on the remaining seeds to be planted.

Look forward to starting this grow on Saturday (one more day)!!! :ganjamon:

Subscribed

Thanks Dresney, I was going to leave the bottles clear until I moved them to a large final pot. I read a few different posts about the positives and negatives on clear pots and it came back with very mixed reviews...any input??? I will change it if necessary and if it gets me better results; however, it has been nice being able to see how wet the soil still is.

For everyone, I am posting some more pictures now and I was wondering if the slight curling on the leaves is from it being too hot? They are not curling a ton towards the middle, just in a few random places. I dont have a proper set up yet with an exhaust fan and more lights; but it is very high on my list of to do's when I get the money. ...Ideas always welcome. :thanks:

Posting growth pictures for plants from day 7 to day 12. I have three total plants growing and two of them seem to be Indica based on the larger leaf structure and I believe the runt of the pack might be a sativa blend because of how much it is stretching and how slim the leaves are turning out to be. I will be moving the runt into a new and improved pot tonight. Thanks for viewing.

Day 7
DSC019215.JPG
DSC019229.JPG

Temporary Set up w/ fan - Day 12
DSC019465.JPG

Day 12 growth
DSC019517.JPG
DSC019536.JPG
DSC019543.JPG
DSC019555.JPG

Temps are probably running a little high during the day as it can get up to 86 degrees outside at the hottest. That being said, I have a room fan, a fan on the plants, and it's in a closet so my guess is it's ranging from 70 to 80. I will get a thermometer soon especially with summer months just starting! Come Christmas I plan on setting my box/cabinet set up going before the plants start to smell too strong. :ganjamon:

So I am posting pics now, but I am seeing a few hair type growth on plants 1 and 2. Is this just new leaves growing or do I have a few females on my hands??? PS I am on day 17 for the pictures being posted. Seemed a little early to be able to determine sex, but I don't know. :hmmmm:

Hiya :byebye:

Your plants look good. :thumb:

Those green things poking out are stipules, which is normal for both boys and girls.

Maybe around week six or so you could start looking for little nubs to appear between the stipule and new leaf formation. Sometimes it takes longer, but doesn't occur sooner than that too often. (Sometimes it does, but you'd have to have an eagle eye and really know what you're looking for.)

:ciao:

Hey Dresney,

Just reading through your journal and it's very impressive! So I think your plants were just a bit bigger than mine and I'm wondering two things...at what point should I move to my large 5 to 6 gallon pots, and if I should leave them as they are should I cover them so the roots aren't exposed?

Thanks for the help! It's kind of ridiculous how attached I have become to these little plants. Haha :circle-of-love:

Your plants look great. I love grows like this. Are you running 12/12? If so you should get sex in about three weeks from breaking earth

Back
Top Bottom