Brewing a tea

Amy you will do fine growing organically.. just use your common sense. It it seems odd .. probably is. The single best thing you can use to grow any plant is compost and even better vermicompost (compost that has been worked over by worms).

For me it was a leap of faith....

Misty morning turns into a sunny day,
Eventually.

I just picked up a pump to make ACT, the eco 793 gph one...all I'll have for now is 2 4" Air stones(puck shaped ones) and I'll have both sit in the bottom for the time...eventually I'll get around to picking up some pvc and making microbe mans "lift" design, until then airstones will have to do .

I just picked up a pump to make ACT, the eco 793 gph one...all I’ll have for now is 2 4” Air stones(puck shaped ones) and I’ll have both sit in the bottom for the time...eventually I’ll get around to picking up some pvc and making microbe mans “lift” design, until then airstones will have to do .

Go check out BAS they have a "snake" thing that I bought but haven't tried yet. It's not as pricey as the air lift from Tim.. I use that one but bought the snake from BAS to give it a try indoors. The air lift is definitely for outdoor use!

That pump should work well for you... I wore one out already!! They move a lot of air. With air stones you will get some foam I bet! All good

Amy you will do fine growing organically.. just use your common sense. It it seems odd .. probably is. The single best thing you can use to grow any plant is compost and even better vermicompost (compost that has been worked over by worms).

For me it was a leap of faith....

Misty morning turns into a sunny day,
Eventually.

Cheers Bob! I think I already am growing successfully organically at this stage. And my common sense sometimes leads me to ask questions about things with which I have no experience or knowledge. TBH - not growing organically would seem odd to me. Thanks for the tip about 'if it smells like poo'... It has ever since my friend gave it to me and I've been a bit dubious the whole time - it's been emptied out around some trees . (and I only used it a couple of times in a very weak dilation on my plants, they're still alive... .). My girls have been responding well to the occasional enzyme hit from the freshly ground barley malt too ..

Checked out the snake and it's pretty cool, unfortunately no sellers on amazon or eBay that will ship up here, and BAS wants $110 for shipping.....Air stones it is for the time being .

Cheers Bob! I think I already am growing successfully organically at this stage. And my common sense sometimes leads me to ask questions about things with which I have no experience or knowledge. TBH - not growing organically would seem odd to me. Thanks for the tip about ‘if it smells like poo’... It has ever since my friend gave it to me and I’ve been a bit dubious the whole time - it’s been emptied out around some trees . (and I only used it a couple of times in a very weak dilation on my plants, they’re still alive... .). My girls have been responding well to the occasional enzyme hit from the freshly ground barley malt too ..

Nice... I'm right there with you on organic growing.. it's all I know. When I started growing cannabis, there were all these bottles I was "supposed" to be using. I had no idea what that was all about. Thankfully a friend here asked me a simple question; "Do you use that stuff in your outdoor veggie gardens ?"

The light turned on .. Oh I can grow this plant just like I grow any other plant, problem solved.

There are some things you can use in your garden that smell like poop, like a green manure tea... basically soak some dandelions (or any green manure crop) in a bucket of water. It will get pretty ripe smelling and just like poop - can use that but like you did, dilute it quite a bit. That's just good gardening sense. Hard to know where you are with all of that here on the internet... apologize for any assumptions.

The ground barley is pretty much my go to along with EWC + Kelp tea, sometimes all 3. There's more than just enzymes in the malted barley! Growth hormones are another big one. Can expect your crop to finish 15-20% faster using it 1x every other week. That's one that is a good thing and as many good things in life can be over done... too much of a good thing = a bad thing. Points to the common sense approach which sounds like you have a good bit of!

Cheers! :Namaste:

Coming from non-organic this is gonna be a big change....so if everything's running well how often should I be using a tea, or what would an organic watering schedule look like? I'm thinking along the lines of;
Week 1(really dry here now I'm thinking I'll be watering 3x week)
Water
EWC+Kelp Tea
Water

Week 2
Barley Tea
Water
EWC + Kelp tea

rinse/repeat?

I assume a tea is also meant to be used the same as you'd water? So if I'm feeding the girls 1 gal of water each, then when it's tea time it'd still be 1 gal of tea each?

Back
Top Bottom