Brian420pm 5th Grow Feb 2021: Gelato

Brian420pm

Seed Day 0

Gelato from Nirvana Seeds, popping 4.

0201211508.jpg

Seed Day 5

All smooth, will go in dixie cups in the next 2 days. They will spend their first 21 days here, in a 2 x 2 tent with a 135w full spectrum LED light. Temp/RH around 90/80 in week 1, 80/80 week 2 and 70/80 for week 3, then into the bigger, main tent.

A fan is inside that points to the front flap, which I open and close for temp control. For RH control the plants are under a clear plastic dome that can rotate.

0206211913.jpg

Seed Day 0

Gelato from Nirvana Seeds, popping 4.

0201211508.jpg

Seed Day 5

All smooth, will go in dixie cups in the next 2 days. They will spend their first 21 days here, in a 2 x 2 tent with a 135w full spectrum LED light. Temp/RH around 90/80 in week 1, 80/80 week 2 and 70/80 for week 3, then into the bigger, main tent.

A fan is inside that points to the front flap, which I open and close for temp control. For RH control the plants are under a clear plastic dome that can rotate.

0206211913.jpg
From what I understand you shouldn't leave those cubes in water.
Cut the bottom mesh off to let tap root through.
Then drop them right in your medium covering the cube.
Imo this is important and is done right away. Check quickly.

Veg Week #1 (12 days from seed)

Working on third nodes and they aren't even 2 inches high. Will have to get a humidifier in the tent when the domes come off... being in the heart of winter, ambient rh is in the 20's right now.

0214210216.jpg
Rh 20 % yikes that's low.

Veg Week #3 (26 days from seed)

Finally got the last grow harvested, tent cleaned and getting the Gelato girls into their final 5 gallon pots today, a little late but they are doing great, even the little sister :) They saw their first real sunshine today and lovin it!

0227211631.jpg

0227211546a.jpg

Training to 16 branches this time (last grow was 12). Already working on 8, one more topping in the coming week for 16.

0227211547.jpg

Veg Week #5 (37 days from seed)

Girls are doing well, considering. I fixed a problem where my EC/PPM meter started measuring way off, so my nutes were EC 1.8 instead of 1.0. I diluted and luckily no visible damage. I ordered a couple more meters ($12 each) and will use them for just one grow each.

I was anticipating going to flower in week 5 because my past grows have been a bit too tall, but because I'm topping more they need the full 6 weeks. I kept two nodes and topped twice for 16 tops (4/8/16) instead of past grows where I kept three nodes and topped once (6/12). This plant shows the 16 clearly...

0310212259a.jpg

I only have to train down the highest node that has 8 tops to keep an even canopy growth. Of course I prune off any additional side branches that may start to grow.

Here are the other 3 plants, each showing typical phenotype variation... always fun to watch! :)

0310212300a.jpg

0310212300.jpg

0310212259.jpg

Veg Week #6 (43 days from seed)

Here is my favorite of the litter... beautiful, full, even canopy. I love every visual this plants offers me, her symmetry inspires me. I love how she responded to my training sessions. I know she will get the most attention, my favorite child :)

0316212235a.jpg

Here is one of her sisters... short, compact, crowded, unbalanced, elusive.

0316212235b.jpg

Flower Week #2 (60 days from seed)

The girls are really thriving, will put up the scrog net and supercrop later this week to even out the canopy.

I solved a problem I've had the last couple grows... I would get brown burning spots on lower leaves and I narrowed it down to high PH. The PH of the weekly nutrient mix tends to rise over the course of the week so I need to start a little low and let it drift up through the ideal range.

I also solved the white mold/mildew problem that started after mistakenly releasing a bunch of dust from my air filter. I sprayed affected surfaces 3 different times a few days apart, first with H202, then vinegar and then baking soda.

16 tops per plant looks to be working out fine. I'll be excited to see every 4 square inch space in the tent occupied with a big bud! The yield will determine if I return to 12 or do 16 again. The 16 requires an extra topping which extends the veg time by a week, so an interesting choice is around the corner :)

I allow ZERO lateral branches to grow until the third week of flower (I prune them out once a week), then I let 2 grow out beside each main cola at the top of each branch. I did the same thing last grow and got a whopping 34 ozs from 4 plants.

0402211253a.jpg

0402211254a.jpg

I just stumbled upon your journal now — it was great seeing them grow in “time lapse” photography!

You did a great job. Be sure to include photo/review of finished product.

I just stumbled upon your journal now — it was great seeing them grow in “time lapse” photography!

You did a great job. Be sure to include photo/review of finished product.

Thank you! Seed to harvest on one page :) Adding more pics to the OP now.

Harvest (110 days from seed)

3 plants are harvested, 1 more tomorrow. Look at this beauty, a week since harvesting...

Welcome to Gelato
I think you're gonna like it
I think you're gonna feel you belong

A nocturnal vacation A necessary sedation
You wanna feel at home 'cause you belong

Welcome to Gelato

0522211400 (1).jpg

0522211353 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom