Brian420pm's First Grow Sept 2019: Indoor, Northern Lights

Looking great mate :thumb: don't mind me harvesting lack of medicine forcing my hand plus I need to get those girls done and moved out of that tent . So I am rushing things.

Trichomes, 4 days into Week #7:

I saw a stink bug in my tent, so I flicked it with my finger and knocked off a bud... time for some trich pics! All are still clear, so I'd guess a week or 2 more.

1208191851.jpg

1208191829a.jpg

1208191828.jpg

I was having a hard time finding a good cluster until I turned over one of the sugar leaves, omgoodness this is the place to look! :)

1209190251b.jpg

1209190250.jpg

Flower Week #8 Update:

I just learned the hard way that support of some kind is mandatory, be it stakes, cages or yoyos. 3 days into week 8 I opened the tent to check on the girls and they were collapsed all over each other, an ugly site!

I got yoyos coming in 2 days... like propping them up with pillows in their final days sighhhhh

Hey Brian! I notice your checking the trichomes on the sugar leaves*
Try to avoid this if you can and check the “calyx” or the point of the bud where the pistils emerge from. This will give you the most accurate reading of maturity because sugar leaves often mature 2-3weeks BEFORE the actual Bud is ready!

Other beautiful frosty lady and carry on :Namaste:

Excellent work Brian. What are you using to take your trichome pictures?
Very nice structure on those frosty nugs. You did well.

Thanks GT that means alot! I use one of those $10 clip on macro lenses for my LG smart phone... takes patience and a steady hand to get the focus point right on.

Everything seems good except I'm not seeing full and round trichome heads on many of the stalks. I'm using just GH Flora nutes with Cal/Mag, maybe I should add something next grow to help with that?

Thanks GT that means alot! I use one of those $10 clip on macro lenses for my LG smart phone... takes patience and a steady hand to get the focus point right on.

Everything seems good except I'm not seeing full and round trichome heads on many of the stalks. I'm using just GH Flora nutes with Cal/Mag, maybe I should add something next grow to help with that?
Continue what you’re doing IMO. If it ain’t broke...why fix it? That’s how I see it. You can experiment later. Just keep growing. Have fun with it. You’ve done very well.

Harvest Day:

Exactly 10 weeks of flower and 120 days from seed, harvest is FINALLY here. 4 plants of Northern Light strain from Nirvana Seeds, GH Flora series at 50% doses, coco/perlite 3 to 1 mix, 280 watt budget LED, and one excited first time grower!

0101201251a (1).jpg

A couple hours later, here are some of them hanging out...

0102200306.jpg

0102200307.jpg

I'll dry for 5 days in the tent, lights off, fan still on, then will trim and put in amber glass quart jars with 62% boveda packs, burping daily for a week.

Will do one more post next week with bud shots and final yield.

Final Results!:

5 days drying in the dark tent, trimmed and put in jars, RH is 52%, added 62% humidity packs and will burp daily for a week. For first grow I'm happy! Not a large yield but it's a bar to measure myself against for next grow :)

0106202105_Burst01.jpg

For the two runts I had them off to the side, no direct light and watered rarely.

Plant #, yield in ounces
1 (runt) = 0.3
2 (runt) = 0.5
3 = 2.3
4 = 1.2
5 = 2.3
6 = 3.0

Total dried yield = 9.7 zips

0106202111.jpg

Thanks for following along! Grow #2 is underway :)

Back
Top Bottom