Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

You have a pack of that Imperial gear in your vault I'm thinking. lol

Just popped a bunch of S1 seeds from Future I was running a ways back.

Was tested in Oregon @ +37% THC last fall.

Thought to myself, I have seeds of Future. Well not on purpose S1 (prolly heat stress) They took a WHILE to get tap roots soaking, like 6-7 days for 4 of the 6 I soaked.

Yeah apparently they double checked the numbers 4 times. They didn't think it was real but it supposedly tested that same figure or very close all 4 times.

But like they say....the only difference between 20% and 30% weed is half a hit. Most people don't think about it that way.

Crazy number... but if they tested it 4 times I believe it’s enough. So it’s another elite clone cross and somehow I don’t care :)

The farm that grew it out and had it tested is in Woody's neck of the woods.

I ran Future for a year or so. Didn't make it to my must not loose bin but maybe cause I had seeds that showed up to the trim party. lol Anything with Starfighter always has that gift that keeps on giving.

It's GG#4 x Starfighter

Basically a Chem variant with some Blackberry Kush mixed in. Grows similar to Black Dog and tastes about the same. Its a fast finisher like Black Dog.
50ish days in flower is not too bad if timing is a thing.

Yeah apparently they double checked the numbers 4 times. They didn't think it was real but it supposedly tested that same figure or very close all 4 times.

But like they say....the only difference between 20% and 30% weed is half a hit. Most people don't think about it that way.

That’s interesting, not sure I’ve ever read on anything regarding the subject. However that can be a little misleading too, could be interpreted a few ways, only “half a hit”.

If it takes 50 hits at 30% to reach desired effect, it would then take 75 hits @ 20% to achieve same? So an additional half a hit per hit?

Think of it this way....say you smoke a gram at 30% THC. That gives .3 grams or 300mg of THC. If you smoke a gram at 20% you are getting .2 grams or 200 mg. That mean I would need to smoke another .5 gram which will give me the additional 100 mg of THC to equal the 300 mg or 30%. Now just replace a gram with a bowl. You smoke a bowl at 30% or a bowl and a half at 20%. Or take it smaller....a hit at 30% vs a hit and half at 20%.

I have heard some really ignorant comments from people lately regarding THC levels and strains that list at 18-20%. "Man I wouldn't touch that stuff, not even 20%, probably garbage weed". I just shake my head....math people, simple concept.

I get it that some people are growing for concentrate extractions and want higher returns....but i hate that the focus seems to be all about the THC.

The reason I posted that was really cause I ran that strain for about a year.

Made me feel good I chose wisely at the seed shop. lol

Anyways yeah THC isn't the only thing with cannabis that gets me high that's for sure. The Durban x Acapulco Gold (DT) is probably only 15% THC but maybe say another 4% terpines. Gets me ripped and I have to be careful with my intake.

Then I've just grown out probably the strongest THC weed I've ever grown, Platinum Buffalo (White Buffalo leaner).

I doubt Platinum Buffalo is considered a super high THC from the breeder but maybe growing conditions come into play to some degree for THC levels?

THC, for me isn't the whole story. Interesting how people interpret that measurement, then the first thing anyone wants to do is stick their face in the jar and take a nice deep sniff or 3. Pretty sure they are not smelling THC when they do that. Not to mention the yuk factor.

Bro you're drooling on my weeds. lol :yummy:

So if the smell is the important factor, the breeders should hype the terpines more and not the THC as much??

I dunno just throwing that out there.

I love the effects.....don't really care about the THC. I want good flavor as well....but its a distant 2nd to the high. I find I like strains that give me something unique....something different from the masses. I am right there with you.....I think the terpes play an equal part to the THC levels. I love having different strains with unique characteristics to them.....even among sativas or indicas. I have sativas I like for listening to music. I have some for working, some for hanging outdoors, etc. If a new strain doesn't offer a unique aspect to its Sativa, hybrid, or indica nature......I don't want to keep it long term. Usually those end up going into oil or topicas eventually because even if they are potent.....I don't find I pick them when I am standing at the medicine cabinet.

I love the effects.....don't really care about the THC. I want good flavor as well....but its a distant 2nd to the high. I find I like strains that give me something unique....something different from the masses. I am right there with you.....I think the terpes play an equal part to the THC levels. I love having different strains with unique characteristics to them.....even among sativas or indicas. I have sativas I like for listening to music. I have some for working, some for hanging outdoors, etc. If a new strain doesn't offer a unique aspect to its Sativa, hybrid, or indica nature......I don't want to keep it long term. Usually those end up going into oil or topicas eventually because even if they are potent.....I don't find I pick them when I am standing at the medicine cabinet.
it sure is nice when you find one that has it all taste and high those are few and far between!

A keeper is a keeper... a weed that you go for over all the other ones is a staple, so it doesn’t really matter how much variety you got if you don’t like smoking it. For me if it doesn’t speak my language it just sits in the jar most of the time and when I get bored I pull it out and smoke it... and then it usually goes back to sitting in the jar.

A keeper is a keeper... a weed that you go for over all the other ones is a staple, so it doesn’t really matter how much variety you got if you don’t like smoking it. For me if it doesn’t speak my language it just sits in the jar most of the time and when I get bored I pull it out and smoke it... and then it usually goes back to sitting in the jar.
I really think the#5 ud is such a plant!:)

Back
Top Bottom