British Stoner 1st Time Grow

Raising that humidity should help bounce back. I would still remove it for a little each day to let them breathe, but you should see them perk back up as they get a little moisture back in them. Sometimes I have seen people recommend burying some of the excess stem when you pot-up, to bring it to a more reasonable height. They will actually grow roots out of any part of the stem that is under soil, much like rooting a clone. They will bounce back, the leaves still look ok!

That white widow looks great! May have gotten a little too close to the light at the very top, that last picture looks like she got a little cooked, but nothing terrible or worth getting too upset about! How close did she end up getting to your light? One option is a little bit of LST to help keep some distance if they are getting too close to the lights, although that main stem is looking nice and hearty, so may have been tricky to work with anyway! Regardless, that's a nice job! She fattened up quite satisfyingly :thumb:

They’re both kinda looking worse so now I think it’s a mixture of underwatering as it’s so hot and dry, the plastic has a few holes so they don’t suffocate. Would anyone agree?
Earlier today the AK was the most “vibrant” seedling and now it’s reacting the same as the dying WW. I think I may not have a successful grow.
image.jpg

Raising that humidity should help bounce back. I would still remove it for a little each day to let them breathe, but you should see them perk back up as they get a little moisture back in them. Sometimes I have seen people recommend burying some of the excess stem when you pot-up, to bring it to a more reasonable height. They will actually grow roots out of any part of the stem that is under soil, much like rooting a clone. They will bounce back, the leaves still look ok!

That white widow looks great! May have gotten a little too close to the light at the very top, that last picture looks like she got a little cooked, but nothing terrible or worth getting too upset about! How close did she end up getting to your light? One option is a little bit of LST to help keep some distance if they are getting too close to the lights, although that main stem is looking nice and hearty, so may have been tricky to work with anyway! Regardless, that's a nice job! She fattened up quite satisfyingly :thumb:
So I did very minimal LST as due to the transplant, her growth was very stunted so hoping with my fem photoperiods I’ll be doing more of that. Hoping to maybe cut her down around Thursday.

Also I was planning on transplanting the seedlings into final pots once I cut down the first WW and was gonna bury some of the stem, had a fan on them too to try and strengthen it.

Thanks so much for the help! ;)

Oh damn, just noticed the temperature where you are at, that's pretty brutal! Yea they are probably also heat stressed from temps being so high. Might be tricky to help them recover quickly if you can't get temps back down to 25-30 max. Misting them very lightly with a light breeze on them might help to transpire some of that heat, but heat will definitely compound that wilting problem. Sounds like you've got solid plans for them though! I am a fan of photoperiods, I think they can be more forgiving if you run into less ideal environmental conditions or anything, and I prefer having control over when they start to flower :thumb:

Ok so just to update y'all, the Royal AK and second WW I lost to low humidity and high temps - moment of silence for the dead seedlings :Namaste:
I cut down the WW a week ago and tested a small sample and I have to say...:yummy::yahoo: I am very surprised at how well and smooth it is, so...onwards to the curing! Not much in terms of weight AT ALL but a successful first trial run if I say so myself.

Overall happy bunny. Onto my next grow_Royal Gorilla (fem) :D

Hi All (or for anyone that cares lol). Hope you're all well!
It's been a while but thought I'd do a brief update as I vape my mighty ...

Had around 7-8 seedlings die on me or not even crack open (darn RQS - lucky you had discounts and decent pricing/shipping). Regardless, I wasn't in any rush due to health/work so I persevered in learning more about growing and gardening in and out the cannabis grow tent - gotta give love to my houseplants and vegetable grows!

CURRENT GROW:

Royal Cheese , Day 27 (23/10)
Auto, THC: 15%, CBD: Medium, Sativa 30% Indica 50%
Flowering time: 7 - 8 weeks
Harvest Month: 9-10 weeks after sprouting

⬆️ North Thunderfuck ⚡️ , Day 4 (23/10)
Feminised, THC: 22%, CBD: Low, Sativa 50% Indica 50%
Flowering time: 8 - 9 weeks
Genetic Background: Matanuska Thunderfuck Bx3

Special Queen 1, Day 4 (23/10)
Feminised, THC: 18%, CBD: Low, Sativa 50% Indica 50%
Flowering time: 7 - 8 weeks
Genetic Background: Power Bud x Skunk​

at least the autos.
My love for autos is waining, feel like the cons aren't worth the time especially with the luck I've had with them.

Day 59 - Special Queen & North Thunderfuck
Been trying to figure out why my two girls were stunted for a few weeks. Thought it was lack of nutes only to realise they'd outgrown the amount of soil I gave them, so "transplanted" them by adding more soil.

Time wasted but least they aren't autos, anyone know if this is the right thing to do?

Day 71 - just cut down my dwarf Auto Royal Cheese, a little late but man it's sticky...

RoyalCheese 17.12.19.jpg

SQ & NT 17.12.19.jpg

I did my first grown in the summer in the UK and I remember the high temperatures.
I had major high humidity problems too and in the end just put all my plants outside, behind the shed.
When I went to check on them, I pissed on them too.
Within a month they had all recovered and were doing great.
I moved them back in to the tent for flower when the temps came down a bit.

Now I popped 3 seeds but only 1 has taken.
The other 2 just rotted.
I had all 3 under cut off coke bottles as humidity domes.
Low humidity is my problem now.

I bought some H and G Roots Excelurator for remaining seedling and this does seemed to have an effect.
The price is expensive, but you don't use much when you dilute it.

I'll be dicking around with root riots, when I come to try seeds again.

I hate to say it but this domes idea is inviting stem rot , mould , damping off. Get em out !!!!!!
lpl
they hate wet. domes have become the latest bro-science killer. Even with high /low humidity , misting and airflow are the solutions. If it's a seed then the root is below surface looking for moisture so doesnt need the wetting on the leaves. Domes/cups are a small version of a propagator which you also only leave sealed if taking cuttings/clones or germinating seeds. The moisture is to give the clones time to create roots and even then it is controlled by opening the vents as they root. Too much moisture , no airflow , no fresh air is what's killing your seedlings.
For the win
1) .Root plugs soaked and shook out a little with decent water ( dechlorinated).
2) .Make the seed hole in them slightly larger.
3) . carefully tip the seed into the hole without handling them at all .
4) . Pull a little piece of the plug out to cover the hole loosely.
5) . small amount of water directly down the plug hole ( to soak seed casing and allow it to start to soften.
6) . Heated propagator closed until you see heads popping up out of all the plugs. This usually takes between 1-3 days. While there is moisture on the prop lid inside , there should be enough to germinate a seed. The plugs hold a lot of moisture so dont overdo wetting ( few ml of water or a mist) but dont let them dry out.
7) . When heads pop up ,open vents in the propagator and be prepared for occasional misting of the seedlings only if the prop has no water building up.
8) . over a few days the lid can be removed totally as they will be feeding through the tap root and the leaves will need to start converting light.
This works for me 100% , no products or nutes water just good water with no chlorine. .Ph is only needed when feeds start.
If low humidity , then hang a towel in a bucket of water to wick it up and add Rh. more needed more towels !.
Just my pennies worth. good luck

I hate to say it but this domes idea is inviting stem rot , mould , damping off. Get em out !!!!!!
lpl
they hate wet. domes have become the latest bro-science killer. Even with high /low humidity , misting and airflow are the solutions. If it's a seed then the root is below surface looking for moisture so doesnt need the wetting on the leaves. Domes/cups are a small version of a propagator which you also only leave sealed if taking cuttings/clones or germinating seeds. The moisture is to give the clones time to create roots and even then it is controlled by opening the vents as they root. Too much moisture , no airflow , no fresh air is what's killing your seedlings.
For the win
1) .Root plugs soaked and shook out a little with decent water ( dechlorinated).
5) . small amount of water directly down the plug hole ( to soak seed casing and allow it to start to soften.
6) . Heated propagator closed until you see heads popping up out of all the plugs. This usually takes between 1-3 days. While there is moisture on the prop lid inside , there should be enough to germinate a seed. The plugs hold a lot of moisture so dont overdo wetting ( few ml of water or a mist) but dont let them dry out.
7) . When heads pop up ,open vents in the propagator and be prepared for occasional misting of the seedlings only if the prop has no water building up.
8) . over a few days the lid can be removed totally as they will be feeding through the tap root and the leaves will need to start converting light.
This works for me 100% , no products or nutes water just good water with no chlorine. .Ph is only needed when feeds start.
If low humidity , then hang a towel in a bucket of water to wick it up and add Rh. more needed more towels !.
For my next seeds, I have a heat mat and a propogator.
I was considering doing the paper towel method and slitting the root plug to put it in but I'm doing to try GGD 8 point plan. Can't get better than 100%.

I'll try after my op.
As there are Brits here, I went for my last meeting at the NHS, before I go in for surgery at the end of the month.
I told the Surgeon what I was up to with my growing and making oil.
He suggested I keep doing it..

They all know, they just don't say.

Yeah when I've added a makeshift dome in the past, its been one with sufficiently airflow and a schedule to remove it every-so-often, I agree with grandaddy.

I've also started mentioning cannabis at my dr apps too, surprisingly no one has advised against it. Good luck with the surgery!

Update: I've pruned the biggest fan leaves and a few other small clumps to try and increase growth. I feel like they're both growing very slow despite being 9wks in veg. They're about 3" from my lights since they're showing no signs of burning and feeding approx. 3-3.5mL of BioHeaven in 1.5L water, pH6.9 every 2-3days.
(Reminder that I also "transplanted" them three days ago so would shock it for a few days.) Regardless, are they doing fine, any advice??

20.17.19.jpg

Update:
Anyone know when the best time too flip would be? Until looking at the photos now it's grown pretty quickly this past 1-2wks, unsure how much it would stretch but I would like a decent supply - already got a Northern Lights Auto going.

Finally got off my ass and started doing some LST to increase growth and the number of colas:
Day 64 (wk10)
22.12.19.jpg

Day 72 (wk11)

30.12.19.jpg
30.12.19 2.jpg

Gonna do some defoliation at some point.

lpl
For the win

I definitely had a lot of issues getting clones to root at first, and I'm thinking it was lack of proper doming/ventilation technique!

Stagnant air, no airflow, and laziness from having plenty of moisture from the condensation on the leaves stopped them from feeling the need to root!

Now I'm kicking myself for ever suggesting it!! Thanks for setting the record straight! Especially where temps are high, a dome is NOT the answer :eek:

I definitely had a lot of issues getting clones to root at first, and I'm thinking it was lack of proper doming/ventilation technique!

Stagnant air, no airflow, and laziness from having plenty of moisture from the condensation on the leaves stopped them from feeling the need to root!

Now I'm kicking myself for ever suggesting it!! Thanks for setting the record straight! Especially where temps are high, a dome is NOT the answer :eek:
We live and learn from actually doing it mate. I have been TOLD so many things over the years and still ignore it and find out the hard way. hahahaha
As you point out well , They love fresh co2 , o2 air circulation and to dump that stagnant, overused , sweaty dome gloop.lpl
I love propagator for germing and cloning but they even get the vents opened on occasion with no roots to feed from. Nature doesn't provide domes and I know we cheat in many ways indoors but a more realistic airflow, rh and temp only creates similar to nature conditions. Thanks for the positive comment and support bud. green days

I was considering doing the paper towel method and slitting the root plug to put it in but I'm doing to try GGD 8 point plan. Can't get better than 100%.

I'll try after my op.
As there are Brits here, I went for my last meeting at the NHS, before I go in for surgery at the end of the month.

tha ks brother , you will be more successful I assure you. Another member here turns the plug upside down and makes a fresh hole big enough and a better depth than the original one. This is a good idea as the hole provided can trap the seed casing on the spongy structure and snag it. The little piece of plug you use to cover the seed hole also needs to be light tight BUT not wedged in. seeds are strong as they emerge but spongy cubes need the route upwards fairly easy to follow. Seeds will turn themselves in the plug so do t get hung up on the up down rubbish either. You can be damn sure when mommas pops those seed out she dont give a toss and she loves them far more than we can ever hope too.lol
good luck and keep the plug moist but not wet with a little 10ml spiral watering outward. A couple of days will have wet that seed casing enough to pop . Please tag me in with a @Ganjagrandaddy when you get a journal up . if it fails you can abuse the hell out of me verbally !.

I'll try after my op.

@InTheShed is an absolute pro on the medicinal extracts and how to do them . if he doesnt know it then it's not been done yet. !. I am sure he could support you on the best way to get exactly what you need from your plants available pharmaceutical uses.

Back
Top Bottom