Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

Thanks cali! That was my understanding too but not used to that at alll!! What a change up going from hydro to high brix! Thanks man!! +reps yo!

Im going to have to figure out how much water it takes to get runoff in 1gal and 7gal of soil... i figure a few quarts for the 1gal and a gal or two for each 7 gal pot?

So for the drenches, i plan on just dunking the pots into the drench. Do i need a fresh drench for every potted plant? Hmm. Lets say i filled a big bucket up with water and enough GE for all the plants. Can i just dunk one plant at a time in the bucket or will each plant get a different amount of GE if i did that?

Maybe it's best to do the dunk with plain RO and top feed the drenches?

What are your plans cali??

Yeah, it sounds right to use for all plants, just don't let them drain back in after dunking, I think doc said that on his journal. I'm not sure if I will dunk at all, I might do it once but not sure at what stage I will do it. Another thing mentioned was to let soil dry out until plants just start to wilt before watering again so that way the roots have to expand to find water. You want a nice rootbound plant by the time you transplant. I will sit down and write up a schedule for my grow soon and then I will share it with you

Should be easy enough to find in Cali. .

I could swear ive seen it a while ago at home deoot. Ill check around and hopefully start mixing this weekend

oo cant wait to see what happens with this hope your good man

Hey velk!! Its been a while, hope all is well with you.
Welcome in. Im really looking forward to this kit. Everyone seems to love it! Are you thinking of switching to the kit?

Yeah, it sounds right to use for all plants, just don't let them drain back in after dunking, I think doc said that on his journal. I'm not sure if I will dunk at all, I might do it once but not sure at what stage I will do it. Another thing mentioned was to let soil dry out until plants just start to wilt before watering again so that way the roots have to expand to find water. You want a nice rootbound plant by the time you transplant. I will sit down and write up a schedule for my grow soon and then I will share it with you

Thata great to know with the dunking thank you and thank you for sharing your schedual! Much appreciated man. Im back and forth on the dunks too. Ill probably dunk for my straight ro days because doc recomends double the strength for drenches that you are dunking pots into.

I better be more specific, you only want to let dry out like that during veg but bloom you add just enough water to keep moist in between drenches

Have you seen shiggs sips? I eventually want somethimg like that for flower. A pot with a rez under that wicks up the water. His roots are insane.

Looking forward to your journal cali!

20170910_211831.jpg
20170910_211836.jpg
20170910_211840.jpg
20170910_211842.jpg

The tuts got a bit lanky, they were under some big plants. I put them im soil pot and into the mom cab they go.

:woohoo::thumb: I'm subbed, I'm too am ready for my first modified brix grow, I'm not sure if my kit will work without RO water, I'll find out. My soil is mixed, potted and waiting for my choice of participants. I have to improve my air exchange, ventilation and issues in my grow room. Gotta have the basics covered. Looking forward to following your grow.:Namaste:

Sounds like the plan then. .

Im getting antsy! I hope i can take clones soon! I think by the time i take clones the kit will be ready.

:woohoo::thumb: I'm subbed, I'm too am ready for my first modified brix grow, I'm not sure if my kit will work without RO water, I'll find out. My soil is mixed, potted and waiting for my choice of participants. I have to improve my air exchange, ventilation and issues in my grow room. Gotta have the basics covered. Looking forward to following your grow.:Namaste:

Hey dynamo! Welcome into the high brix expirence! When you say modified are you doing something different with the kit? I see people using tap and well water but i think they let it sit for the chlorine to dissipate. If your water district uses chrloamine then idk how long it takes to dissipate. Hopefully someone with brix expirence chimes in! Ive heard molasses neutralizes chlorine? My water district uses chloramine so i use RO. I use it for drinking and plants but i dont recomend drinking straight ro. We have a cal mag filter that adds a small ppm back in.
Man i cannot wait to get my peat and ewc so i can get a mixing but ill probably get the stuff this Thursday.

What strains do you wanna run? Do you have a journal? A lot of great people here im sure they can answer any venting questions you may have. Feel free to drop a link

Looking forward to your journal cali!

20170910_211831.jpg
20170910_211836.jpg
20170910_211840.jpg
20170910_211842.jpg

The tuts got a bit lanky, they were under some big plants. I put them im soil pot and into the mom cab they go.

Its good to see your seedlings are doing good, I'm currently having bad luck with mine right now, they're pure Thai and I'm very limited on them, I've never ever had issues germinating but for some reason these are being stubborn !!

Are they just not popping?? Some seeds have a thick shell, idk. But i see people who scratch the surface lightly with sandpaper if you can put sand paper in a toilet paper roll tube and shake the seeds around. Ive also seen someone i think feral do a seed germ bomb which was a jar with an airtight seal, some air hose and a air pump. Fill the jar with water and put the seed in. I guess it pressurizes and pushes moister into the seed to start germination. What is your germination technique?? Sounds like a great strain!!

That sounds pretty extreme LOL.. I like it.. I've tried the sand paper trick as well. I've always soaked for 12 to 24 hrs then put in root riot cubes in humidity dome with heat mat set at 78. I've probably done a hundred with 100% success. I had one pop and somehow when transplanting I broke the stem.now I have 3 more left which I just put in root riot cubes so wish me luck. I will look into this other method you guys mentioned. I was really looking forward to a nice pure landrace strain

I remember the seed germ bomb, seems it worked for him.

Is a great idea for older seeds.

That sounds pretty extreme LOL.. I like it.. I've tried the sand paper trick as well. I've always soaked for 12 to 24 hrs then put in root riot cubes in humidity dome with heat mat set at 78. I've probably done a hundred with 100% success. I had one pop and somehow when transplanting I broke the stem.now I have 3 more left which I just put in root riot cubes so wish me luck. I will look into this other method you guys mentioned. I was really looking forward to a nice pure landrace strain

Ive never tried those riot cubes but people love them. Man i hope the rest pop for you. Im sure they will come up. Even if you only end up with 1 or 2 you can always take as many clones as you want. Just takes longer. Im sure they are not but i always have problems if my medium is too wet. Did you shake out the riot cubes so they are just damp? A landrace would be a dream! I wonder how it would do inside? They get big??

I'm keeping the cube a bit moist because humidity is low even under the dome but they're not soaking wet. If I get one I'll be happy, I'm hoping for a male at this point for more seeds. I don't know much about this strain except its a pure sativa and takes longer to flower. Landrace strains will flourish in brix, the least crossing the better. I sent an email out to try to get more of these, they were a sample so I only received 5.

:thumb:Modified by not using RO, No chlorine in my water. I'm in the sticks, just natural ground water. I am running some of my own strains I just crossed Critical Jack with DDA, Durbin Poison, Northern lights, Pineapple express and White Rhino. Curious to see what I get with a photo and Auto crossed. My venting is pretty straight forward I just need to put up a couple of sheets of drywall and rerun ducting. I haven't got around to a journal,I have to many projects in my life, with vegetable garden, mushroom cultivation, roof repair. car restoration, bread making and many more. I hope to start a journal or a spot to stop and see my world soon. :Namaste:

:thumb:Modified by not using RO, No chlorine in my water. I'm in the sticks, just natural ground water. I am running some of my own strains I just crossed Critical Jack with DDA, Durbin Poison, Northern lights, Pineapple express and White Rhino. Curious to see what I get with a photo and Auto crossed. My venting is pretty straight forward I just need to put up a couple of sheets of drywall and rerun ducting. I haven't got around to a journal,I have to many projects in my life, with vegetable garden, mushroom cultivation, roof repair. car restoration, bread making and many more. I hope to start a journal or a spot to stop and see my world soon. :Namaste:

Lucky you! Clean water untouched by man! That will be really interesting to see your strains grow out!! Sounds like some great stuff there. From what ive seen croasing photos with autos. Some beans will be photo and some auto will be cool to see it happen! Man def a lot going on! Very cool. Muchroom cultivation, i wanted to get into that but for the fun kind of muchrooms. Maybe one day. Have you ever thought about infusing cannabis into some kinda oil or butter and making home made bread? Edible bread sounds amazing! Just imagine getting high off a sandwich!! I hope to get into making mead or honey wine and infusing it with some weed. One day! Look forward to your grow spot with some pics of cars, shrooms, some roofs, and weed laced bread!!

Back
Top Bottom