Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

Hey Rich Farmer and friends. From the title, I figured this might be a good place to wander in and ask a general question of the HB growers. Hope you don't mind.

Is growing with the Kit expensive, and mainly for high rollers? Right now I don't spend much on bottled nutes. It's not a huge expense. I think it would be a stretch to say I spend $40 a month (Canadian) on them, in a grow with three 600 watt lights. My flowering room usually has 8 plants in ten gallon pots.
Can anyone make a comparison, from experience? I probably can't afford to pay four or five times as much for feeding my plants. Twice as much... I can maybe handle. Hmmm... that's still close to $1000 a year. I could shrink my grow down though, if the quality went up...:hmmmm:

Cost isn't my main concern. Besides the obvious results of the kit, I'm not impressed to find out that my nutrient line (Botanicare) was bought out by Monsanto. I'd like to get my money out of the pockets of those bastards as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.
:passitleft:

Hi Weasel and TB! Doc's gears is very affordable! The "Kit" costs $92 and will feed 6 plants in #7's from seed to harvest. Some have recently been feeding heavy with good results, in which case you would run out quicker. Order in bulk and save more. You do also have to buy pro mix and EWC and cook that for a month. Does botinacare come on here and offer help, prolly not, Doc does! Give it a try! You will not be disappointed!

:passitleft:

For 80 gallons of soil, you'd need 2-3 kits, plus Pro-Mix and EWC. Pro-Mix and EWC are about $70-80 each run, so you might have to spend $300-500? That'll be good for a year or so. Quarts of drench and foliar are less than $15? Pretty cheap.

:slide:

One bulk kit would do it, too.

[Edit] Changed the estimates - bad math. And a bulk kit is ... I forgot ... $300? Four times as much rocks, and a quart of each drench and foliar - probably the best bet for that much soil.

For 80 gallons of soil, you'd need 2-3 kits, plus Pro-Mix and EWC. Pro-Mix and EWC are about $70-80 each run, so you might have to spend $300-500? That'll be good for a year or so. Quarts of drench and foliar are less than $15? Pretty cheap.

:slide:
One Kit is 88.00 and will run 42 gal of soil AND that INCLUDES all the product needed for complete run
OR
2.09 CENTS Per gal of soil used, COMPLETE from start to finish
(does not include Pro-mix that can be re-used or the EWC)
NO PH, NO PPM,

And you'll need soil for veg, too, so don't forget that part. I've overlooked it a couple times now. :ganjamon:

Oh sweet that's good news. Even if it costs a little more to shop to a remote part of northern Canada, which it will, it sounds very good. I did have an email exchange with Doc Bud a few years back - but I couldn't seem to dig that up at all when I searched.
Paying Monsanto so I can grow my herb. Wtf!! That's just so wrong. I heard about the buyout a while ago. Tried to remain in denial as long as I could. Monsanto nutes- not exactly something you want to admit.
It's funny, I've been digging around the last few months, looking for ethical nutes, checking out BioBizz and stuff. And it was just today that I realized a way better option has been right under my nose this whole time. Unless Doc Bud suddenly goes and turns evil, this is obviously the way to go.
Great.
Thanks!

So here's a question on the topic. If Bayer is now buying Monsanto how many more items/products do you need to boycott to"keep money out of those bastards pockets" If it's all going to the same coffers is the argument then there are a lot of roads into that purse. (Noted Bayer over-the-counter products include Aleve, Bayer Aspirin, Alka-Seltzer, Phillip's Laxatives, Bactine, One-A-Day Vitamins, Flintstone Vitamins, Dr Scholls insoles, K-9 advantix and Midol. ) The Bayer Corp is involved in a fuck load more than that. So how far up the chain is everybody really willing to take this?

Now I'm certainly not here to defend Monsanto or GH or Bayer (their new dicamba soybeans suck, for lots of obvious reasons lol) just looking for some other perspectives. I haven't heard the claims of PGRs in their products like the other GH stuff, it's naturally derived, rock phos, bat guano, ewc, etc... So on the surface a lot of what the HB is using.

Please don't ridicule me. I sincerely want to know.

First year HiBrix costs were about $400 for soil building and starter kits - I run 2 kits worth of soil (100 gallons?) -
Because I run a perpetual, 1 kit is actively in use, while the other kit is being saved up to be re 'cooked' for the next set of plants.

It's better to buy the bulk kit if you plan to run more than one batch of 42 gallons of soil. After the first run I was left with a lot of nutrients and reuseable soil, so it was natural to continue.

Since then, running a 4x6 or 4x8 flower area and supporting veg area, I spend about $250/yr:
$100-120 per year on Wiggleworm EWC and peat moss, about the same amount for Doc's nutrients, and less than $20 per year on neem spray for the years I get spider mite infestations.

My electrical costs are the largest expense, and thats not HiBrix related.

Thanks Radogast!

So here's a question on the topic. If Bayer is now buying Monsanto how many more items/products do you need to boycott to"keep money out of those bastards pockets" If it's all going to the same coffers is the argument then there are a lot of roads into that purse. (Noted Bayer over-the-counter products include Aleve, Bayer Aspirin, Alka-Seltzer, Phillip's Laxatives, Bactine, One-A-Day Vitamins, Flintstone Vitamins, Dr Scholls insoles, K-9 advantix and Midol. ) The Bayer Corp is involved in a fuck load more than that. So how far up the chain is everybody really willing to take this?

Now I'm certainly not here to defend Monsanto or GH or Bayer (their new dicamba soybeans suck, for lots of obvious reasons lol) just looking for some other perspectives. I haven't heard the claims of PGRs in their products like the other GH stuff, it's naturally derived, rock phos, bat guano, ewc, etc... So on the surface a lot of what the HB is using.

Please don't ridicule me. I sincerely want to know.

I guess it's a huge subject. I don't even know RF, who's journal I'm on, and don't want to trample around too much. Sorry and thanks, Rich Farmer ;)

You're asking, why demonize one company when so much of the shitstem is already f$&)ked?
Well, ultimately, choices do matter. Those choices created the system in the first place.

So what difference will one person make and why fight it?
My choice to no longer buy their crap will make very little difference to Botanicare/Monsanto. But it's all the choice I've got. Consumer choice is ultimately the one and only thing that matters to most businesses too, isn't it?

The other part of the choice... just ethics. Yeah it's probably just moralistic bullshit, but it makes me feel better.
And some of it is circumstances/lifestyle. I live like a bush rat. I'm way out on an island by Alaska and there's not much of that corporate bullshit here. Nowhere to buy the stuff if I even wanted to. The majority of my food is hunted and gathered and grown locally.
I put the crab trap out yesterday, kept five out of a full trap, and I just got off the boat and back in the cabin now. My hands are freezing. Waiting for the water to boil and then it will be crab for lunch, with home made bread, eggs from the chickens, and salad from the greenhouse.
I don't know Doc Bud but for now I'd rather be paying him and growing my herb with his product, than with what I'm using now. Seems like a simple choice. :thumb:

I don't know Doc Bud but for now I'd rather be paying him and growing my herb with his product, than with what I'm using now. Seems like a simple choice. :thumb:

My products are sourced from various places, all of them organic and natural, none of them agribusiness.

We mark things up about 300% less than our "competitors," even though there isn't a competitor per se. I'm referring to raw materials cost and final sales price.

The whole idea behind DBHBB is to empower individuals, micro and hobby growers. I'm happy to supply large operations, but the heart and soul of DBHBB is the "little guy," who wants the best and doesn't want to pay much for it.

You can grow the best cannabis imaginable for a very, very small amount of money compared to other choices and methods. always.

I start to get concerned at or below 45 % RH
Earlier this year I was running 3 to just keep it there ;)

everything looks great so getting that RH Up is going to impress you :)

If you have not noticed any white calcium ? powder settling on any black/dark surface
after 24 hrs your OK and if your using RO or Distilled I am sure you are fine.

EDIT: BTW I still get slim water in them along with algae if I don't keep them clean
the hot air ones are the worst not to mention much more expensive (check the wattage)

EDIT EDIT: try to make sure you dont have the COOL AIR MIST being sucked into fans,
replaced a few before I realized what was happening

Also a good idea to wrap the pot in bubble wrap, keeps the cool mist, if hitting the sides
of pots from chilling the sides

Hey Gaz good call! I moved the fan to the other side of the room. Thanks.

Thanks Radogast!

I guess it's a huge subject. I don't even know RF, who's journal I'm on, and don't want to trample around too much. Sorry and thanks, Rich Farmer ;)

You're asking, why demonize one company when so much of the shitstem is already f$&)ked?
Well, ultimately, choices do matter. Those choices created the system in the first place.

So what difference will one person make and why fight it?
My choice to no longer buy their crap will make very little difference to Botanicare/Monsanto. But it's all the choice I've got. Consumer choice is ultimately the one and only thing that matters to most businesses too, isn't it?

The other part of the choice... just ethics. Yeah it's probably just moralistic bullshit, but it makes me feel better.
And some of it is circumstances/lifestyle. I live like a bush rat. I'm way out on an island by Alaska and there's not much of that corporate bullshit here. Nowhere to buy the stuff if I even wanted to. The majority of my food is hunted and gathered and grown locally.
I put the crab trap out yesterday, kept five out of a full trap, and I just got off the boat and back in the cabin now. My hands are freezing. Waiting for the water to boil and then it will be crab for lunch, with home made bread, eggs from the chickens, and salad from the greenhouse.

Hey no worries WC. People are very passionate about high brix. Lol. Its also cool that you get 3 runs from one kit of soil. You need to add some things in between each run but the cost is minimal.

Alright here they are earlier today.

And now

Should I give them a day more for water?

Should I give them a day more for water?

Yes....give them another few days if the pots aren't light. But dribble some Transplant drench down the top to get the soil to dry out more evenly....maybe a half gallon to each pot?

They look great, but I think will want another strong drench pretty quick judging by the looks of the leaves and petioles. If you can stay on top of it and keep them in the zone you're going to be amazed.

Yes....give them another few days if the pots aren't light. But dribble some Transplant drench down the top to get the soil to dry out more evenly....maybe a half gallon to each pot?

They look great, but I think will want another strong drench pretty quick judging by the looks of the leaves and petioles. If you can stay on top of it and keep them in the zone you're going to be amazed.
Eek ok. @Doc Bud.

Here they are today. 2 on the left look thirsty. Im going to put 14ml of trans per pot. Is it still ok to drizzle ontop or are these two needing a full watering??

Lights off at in 54 minutes. Should i do the drizzle on all 4 or a drench on the 2.

Also curious as to why they dried out quicker on one side.

Dang Rich - those are looking good.

Growing into your title of "Farmer"

Thanks Rado! :passitleft: I don't know if I'll make it to harvest. I'm so excited!

Looking amazing in here Rich!

Thank you my good man. It's been a while since I had a grow go well and my plants have never looked better. Im gonna go drizzle!

Lol this one will be epic, the greatest save in 420 history!

I know! I wasnt successful but last grow when i did the mgo I brought them back before flower just like this grow. Only difference is half way through flower they locked out. lol! I'm confident though, These ladies are gonna shine. Definitely the twist of the century.

I drizzled them but it was a bit more then a drizzle. No worries, even better. Was a total of 2galons and 60+ml of trans watered evenly on the top

Don't like to water before lights off but work comes first. That's my humidity towel in there, humidifier in the room. Struggling to get humidity over 35% will probably throw some water on the tray in the AM

Back
Top Bottom