BrixNewb's First Grow & Beyond

A press gives you rosin which is generally better than shatter, it's solventless. I have some shatter still, a bit actually.

Sue and I were actually just talking about that. I took my Northern Lights from a Hempy and put it into an Octopot last night and was very surprised by how small the root mass was. So I am going to start letting them go quite a bit drier and see how that plays out.

hehe.... I knew full well it was technically incorrect when I wrote it... but it's just cooler to say "shatter". I'll curb my disinformation for entertainment's sake ways in the future... don't wanna spread bad data after all.

You let me know when you wanna refill the rosin supply... I got da toys!
My next area of discovery will be 'live rosin'. It's basically pressing green trichomes. It's supposed to be much better than pressing dried material.
I've a ton of buds and 4tons of sugar-leaf trim. There will be much experimentation.

Bring it on by... the DabPress machine is out for delivery at my place today. We'll get some instant gratification outta some shatter from it.

I'm on a 4 day schedule on the 5gals. Tho the idea gets lost often, plants enjoy a dry-wet cycle. At 5 days you'll start to see drooping.
I water my big hempys every 3 days so I'm right in between. I don't want them to wilt in flower bt in veg I probably watered them every 4 or 5 days. I check for how heavy the pot seems

Looks like a nice big root ball! I am starting to let my Hempys dry out quite a bit more. I have one a little over halfway through bloom and one just into bloom. The rest are in veg, so I have time to get them nice and dry aside from the Devils Carnival that's finishing up, but I suspect that she has some decent roots. Definitely not disappointed for my first run in Hempy.

I just lifted my Hempy that's about to finish and I could tell that the weight and heft she had was above the soil line and she was LIGHT below, so I tossed her some water. Interested to see how these 5 gallon Hempy plants work out. I have a low yielder in there right now, going to put a heavy hitter in next round.

Speaking of light.....

Brix and I determined that his veg tent was in need of an auto zone and I had that nifty Cree COB unit sitting unused.......

Much better. :blunt:

Many new hempy growers can't seem to shake ideas of watering the plants. It's pretty easy to find subtle sings of overwatering in the new hempy grower crowds. One has to fully embrace the hydro ways even tho, functionally, it looks pretty much the same as a soil plant. Think 'flush' rather than 'water'.

Good point Tead. :thumb: Doob may have shown us how important it is to get that flush in. He’s using Mega Crop 2.0 like Brix and I are, and he wasn’t making sure to flush. It’s all speculation at this point, but it appears he had a good case of nute burn running in his garden, possibly caused by a buildup of excess nutrients in the reservoir.

His experience has me being sure to get a decent runoff on the hempies at every watering.

Brix pulled the dome off the Northern Lights and damn if she isn’t becoming the prettiest little thing!

She’s also displaying warning signs that she’s reached her tolerance for the nutrients. She’s showing both the curve of the leaf from center....

...and the slight hook at the tip.

Brix is feeding her New Millennium nutrients, and he realized she’s at 80% right now, and in an Octopot that’s waaaay too high. Her roots haven’t hit the reservoir yet, so a watering or two with plain water should straighten it out. He wants her at 50% on the nutrient strength in this closed system.

:circle-of-love:A Sunday morning delight for your viewing pleasure

Brix has one of those DC “box of chocolates” too @Graytail. I’m overwhelmed by this one. She stands almost as tall as me, buds the size of my fist smelling for all the world like a grape Jolly Rancher. :woohoo:

This past week she decided to show us her real colors.

Yeah...... Brix has this touch..... :green_heart:

He didn’t clone. He has more seeds. :rofl:

Yep, that's the mixed pheno - a tinge of color. I got 2 of those out of 8, one short and one tall. :slide:

Nice one! :bravo:

Heheh, I didn't get clones of the 2 phenos I like best, either. But I haven't gotten a bum one yet. They're all good.

Yep, that's the mixed pheno - a tinge of color. I got 2 of those out of 8, one short and one tall. :slide:

Nice one! :bravo:

Heheh, I didn't get clones of the 2 phenos I like best, either. But I haven't gotten a bum one yet. They're all good.
Glad to hear it. I honestly popped the seeds because we were experimenting with some seed popping techniques and I couldn't not run them once there was room in bloom. This one's scent is quite exquisite and I am excited to see her finish up.

I'll have to take another stroll thru your garden my next visit. It won't be long....... well we will see. Looking good...

It’ll be good to see you Rooster. It doesn’t much matter the time. :hug:

You stopped just in time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beauty by Brix.....

Last night Brix pulled the Royal Cookies and chopped her down. :slide:

It’s a fast-paced turnaround in his tent. The next Devil’s Carnival slipped into the open space.

Right behind her is the magnificent mother! :eek:

His Carnival is the same age as my own. We’re wondering which will be the bigger yielder. His is in soil with the kit, mine is in hempy with Mega Crop 2.0. His doesn’t have the Calciul deficiency spots mine developed when I misjudged her need for this crucial plant food. :battingeyelashes:

Lastly tonight, I’ll leave you with the incredible Lemon Lotus x Love Gift. :green_heart:

Her leaves are so encrusted with trichomes they’re curling, and she still has a couple weeks to go. :yahoo:

That’s all the joy I have to spread in this room tonight guys. Hope you enjoy. :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom