Broken branch, can it be saved?

Gee

The branch snapped a day ago, or two can’t remember. I was in a rush to get to work so I strung it up the best I could.

Can this be saved or should I cut it off so that the remaining branches can focus on getting to work? All the green leaves on the branch that’s broken are the same color and vigor as the rest of the plant thanks
0A051241-731F-4434-877B-A3713D773CE3.jpeg

It will heal better than new by overcompensating and growing bigger around the break. good job saving it,,

CCHeers

Even with that nasty brown color around it?

I’m stoked. Phew. It would been a traumatic start of my day if I had to CHOP

Thanks for the response

If you say it happened two days ago, and the branch hasn’t wilted and died. It shall be fine. Branches do, repair them selves (as long as it’s not too damaging of a break)

You did the right thing by tying it up to support the weight. :thumb:

The brown could be the plant repairing its self. Just keep a close eye on it. If it wilts and dies, ohh well, cut it off, accidents happen don’t beat your self up. If it does die it looks like You can still salvage a good harvest off her.

There's heaps you can do to save a really broken branch or stem. Even if its just a thin slice holding it together.
First wrap tight in sticky tape and/or tie/support then defoliate slightly, give a foliar spray and continue to defoliate until the stem and leaves no longer droop. If it continues to droop, wrap it in .a clear plastic bag to give %100 humidity like a clone, check tape and wait for it to come back to life. In some instances, it will root instead of heal if the cut is in darkness.

Back
Top Bottom